Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 42

Angry DishNetwork Can Rot *Warning, Long*

Terrible, terrible day today. So I figure I want to get the dish and get rid of cable because they might get rid of fox and they were offering a cheaper deal anyway. I called a couple weeks ago and the guy says that they can set it up for that Saturday. He says for all the fox sports channels, their 120 programming, local programming, and a dvr and an HD box for 2 rooms it'll be 42 bucks a month including tax. I go ahead and set it up for the classic "8-12 time slot" thing that everybody does now. I call at about 12:00 last Saturday and they tell me that it's actually the next Saturday. So today I figure it'll still work to have it set up by noon and go to the Clones bball game. At 12:05 the guy calls to tell me he's just leaving DM and will be up in a half hour. He tells me it'll be 2-3 hours to set up and that I can't open it up for him, go to the game, and come back to sign. So I'm ****** and call them and tell them I want at least enough credit to cover our tickets cost. They say they'll do it and the guy comes and sets it up, taking about 2 hours and cutting off the cable before halftime so I can't watch the game, and finishes about 3:15. When he leaves, I go to look at what games are on Fox sports and no dice. I call and am on the phone for over an hour with them trying to figure out how to get fox sports to come in, and they tell me that the guy basically made a bunch of crap up and that I'm getting charged $78 a month, which is about what our digital cable, HD, and internet cost us with premium channels in all with Mediacom. I spazz out and the lady says that she'll knock it down to 52 a month, but she can't do the credit for my tickets. I said I wanted to cancel so then she says she can credit me for the tickets, but of course I'll be charged for everything up front and they'll give me a future credit (when they probably hope I'll forget and they won't have to). I'm just ****** as heck right now wishing (and I never thought I'd say this) that I had good old reliable Mediacom back. To top it off, when I called Mediacom to cancel I swear the guy I talked to started to snivel when I told him I was canceling to go to dish. Poor dude is probably going to be laid off soon with everybody leaving. Anyway, just wanted to get a little rage off my chest and forwarn anybody considering the switch to DishNetwork (I would hope DirecTV would be better). Thank you for your time.

Pro
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 3

Re: DishNetwork Can Rot *Warning, Long*

Direct rocks.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 164
    Given: 27

DirecTV is ok, they have the same outsourced poor quality installers too. I have 2 of the DirectTV HD Tivos that have severe problems with them that directv will not even admit. Basically you are watching off the air Fox in HD, and you get 10 second audio drops multiple times a program. We watched an episode of house last night and the audio dropped at least 10 times.

Plus with no premuims, except the HD package and 3 tivos I am over $70 a month also... so it is no cheaper.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I just switched to Mediacom and couldn't be happier. I'm saving $700 a year over my phone, internet and cable. I've had the chance to watch many clone games on the Mediacom channel plus I can go back and watch all the old football games.

1. I get HD TV, more free movies on demand, channel 22 than I had with Dish Network.
    2. Free US and Canada calling.
    3. Higher Speed Internet

All for $60 less per month. Worst case is I have an antenna in case KDSM goes out. It works.

Love Cable Guy !!!

Pro
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 516
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by rw4isu View Post
    I just switched to Mediacom and couldn't be happier. I'm saving $700 a year over my phone, internet and cable. I've had the chance to watch many clone games on the Mediacom channel plus I can go back and watch all the old football games.

1. I get HD TV, more free movies on demand, channel 22 than I had with Dish Network.
    2. Free US and Canada calling.
    3. Higher Speed Internet

All for $60 less per month. Worst case is I have an antenna in case KDSM goes out. It works.

Love Cable Guy !!!
    wait until your promotional period ends and you start paying full price...

Facebook Knows All
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 188
    Given: 74

Quote Originally Posted by garn91 View Post
    wait until your promotional period ends and you start paying full price...
    My promotional period ended 4 months ago and they are still charging me the same price. And I know a couple of others who are in the same boat.

Recruit
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 454
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

I requested the free antenna from the Mediacom website.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152

Last night I began the process of getting reconnected with DirecTV. I was able to get the $199 HD DVR from them for $149 plus a $10 credit per month for 12 months. And of course, their free standard movers connection - with the HD dish.

Can't wait until it's hooked back up on Jan. 26th. Just in time for the Super Bowl and March Madness around the corner.

All-Star
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I am in the middle of trying this Mediacom trial of all these services for $109 a month and I can't say that I'm impressed at all. They have commercials all the time for Dishes saying that you can't watch in bad weather, but you can with Mediacom. I have had my signal out 4 times already in three months and when I call they tell me that the wind is probably causing the reception problems. Is that not what they claim is the disadvantage of Dish? I had Dish for 6 years and only had one outage and it was short lived. And my DVR has acted up several times and at times is unavailable for me to watch my recordings. I will be changing back to Dish as soon as this promo is over. The only reason I keep it that long is Channel 22 for Cyclones and the internet is fast at 10 Mbs

ďAlso, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I donít want to leave any of that behind.Ē - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!

Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 14

You should call their tech support Cy St8t. One thing about mediacom is they will keep coming to your house over and over and over until the problem is fixed. Problem being it sometimes takes them several tries to track the real issue down. ;)

Facebook Knows All
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 188
    Given: 74

Good luck contacting them...be prepared to wait 10-45 minutes on the phone.

Anyone have Direct's DSL service? It's only $10 per month with your Direct package. If so, what's it like?

Starter
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 486
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I thought I would be getting about 20 Fox Sports channels when signing up with DISH Network as well. After having 3 different customer service reps trying to figure out why it wasn't coming in I had a 4th tell me, oh you only get the regional comcast channel out of Chicago. I asked why their webpage makes it appear I get all of them and they have no answer. Since it was already installed I dropped to their cheapest service and then filed a complaint with the FTC and attorney general for false advertising. I still prefer DISH over Mediacom...not a big fan of Mediacom's prices or 45 minute hold times and I do get the NFL network with DISH.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 164
    Given: 27

Quote Originally Posted by CY ST8T View Post
    I am in the middle of trying this Mediacom trial of all these services for $109 a month and I can't say that I'm impressed at all. They have commercials all the time for Dishes saying that you can't watch in bad weather, but you can with Mediacom. I have had my signal out 4 times already in three months and when I call they tell me that the wind is probably causing the reception problems. Is that not what they claim is the disadvantage of Dish? I had Dish for 6 years and only had one outage and it was short lived. And my DVR has acted up several times and at times is unavailable for me to watch my recordings. I will be changing back to Dish as soon as this promo is over. The only reason I keep it that long is Channel 22 for Cyclones and the internet is fast at 10 Mbs

If your Dish goes out in bad weather you have it aimed wrong. The only time mine goes out is if I am watching Johnny Mac on ch8 telling me to take cover in the basement.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

I love DishNetwork. Have never once had a problem. Always had problems with DirectTV when we had it.

Addict Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

you have plus and minus's no matter what company you go through. The question is what problems can you deal with.

139.00 I paid for cable
    69.00 I pay for sat-Direct TV no comparision
    Customer service for Direct not the best -Media com is right there. Service package direct would take it Media com out of the running
    I recieve more channels (sports) then with Media com
    I did sign up for the Fox Sports and I am recieveing the channels to watch the games and when I was with media com I only had 2 fox now I have them all. For sports fanatics-Direct with the fox package.