ISU WBB out drawing eiu Men's team Ha, Ha
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Recruit
    Points: 7,196, Level: 25
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 354
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    89
    Points
    7,196
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    ISU WBB out drawing eiu Men's team Ha, Ha

    Check attendence records.



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 83,717, Level: 89
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    cstrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Longview, TX
    Posts
    8,182
    Points
    83,717
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 2

    Re: ISU WBB out drawing eiu Men's team Ha, Ha

    Link?



  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 146,976, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cybsball20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    12,718
    Points
    146,976
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 34

    Re: ISU WBB out drawing eiu Men's team Ha, Ha

    When it comes to butts in the seats, I would bet the women outdraw our men this year when it's all said and done...



    Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

    Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

    and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno

  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 279,778, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    15,458
    Points
    279,778
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,304
    Given: 263

    Re: ISU WBB out drawing eiu Men's team Ha, Ha

    Quote Originally Posted by cybsball20 View Post
    When it comes to butts in the seats, I would bet the women outdraw our men this year when it's all said and done...
    I will take that bet...



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 175,608, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    SplitIdentity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    8,236
    Points
    175,608
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 172
    Given: 23

    Re: ISU WBB out drawing eiu Men's team Ha, Ha

    Quote Originally Posted by cybsball20 View Post
    When it comes to butts in the seats, I would bet the women outdraw our men this year when it's all said and done...
    Yup.

    And technically, Iowa is *averaging 9,440 fans per game.

    No way there are that many people there, but that's how many tickets are sold.


    The artist formerly known as SouthernHawk

  6. #6
    Facebook Knows All
    Points: 272,513, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cycloneworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NE Oklahoma
    Posts
    16,892
    Points
    272,513
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 668
    Given: 388

    Re: ISU WBB out drawing eiu Men's team Ha, Ha

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernHawk View Post
    Yup.

    And technically, Iowa is *averaging 9,440 fans per game.

    No way there are that many people there, but that's how many tickets are sold.
    That is very sad. Back during the Tom Davis years (when I was a hawk fan), it was rare if Carver wasn't sold out...not its just the opposite.

    I think most of the blame lies with Steve Alford...I've said it before, I think he set that program back about 10 years.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 119,732, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Tornado man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,062
    Points
    119,732
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 134
    Given: 239

    Re: ISU WBB out drawing eiu Men's team Ha, Ha

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post
    I will take that bet...
    So would I. I go to all the womens games, and there is no way the butts in the seats match the announced attendance.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 175,608, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    SplitIdentity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    8,236
    Points
    175,608
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 172
    Given: 23

    Re: ISU WBB out drawing eiu Men's team Ha, Ha

    Quote Originally Posted by cycloneworld View Post
    That is very sad. Back during the Tom Davis years (when I was a hawk fan), it was rare if Carver wasn't sold out...not its just the opposite.

    I think most of the blame lies with Steve Alford...I've said it before, I think he set that program back about 10 years.
    I hate using Alford as an excuse, but he really did. The poor play this year can't be blamed on Alford, but lack of fan interest certainly can. I know attendance was really low in his last year, and that's after the BTT Championship.

    I think Lick is a good coach, but he sure has his work cut out for him in getting this program turned around.

    Same with McDermott at ISU. The fans just don't want to go watch their team struggle against Houston Baptist when they can watch/listen for free at home. Iowa fans don't want to watch their team go 12 minutes without scoring when they can flip it to the BTN for free.


    The artist formerly known as SouthernHawk

  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 259,876, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    16,182
    Points
    259,876
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 869
    Given: 751

    Re: ISU WBB out drawing eiu Men's team Ha, Ha

    Quote Originally Posted by Tornado man View Post
    So would I. I go to all the womens games, and there is no way the butts in the seats match the announced attendance.
    That wasn't the bet. The bet proposed can never be made. No data.



  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 34,134, Level: 56
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ISU4ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,599
    Points
    34,134
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 18

    Re: ISU WBB out drawing eiu Men's team Ha, Ha

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernHawk View Post
    I hate using Alford as an excuse, but he really did. The poor play this year can't be blamed on Alford, but lack of fan interest certainly can. I know attendance was really low in his last year, and that's after the BTT Championship.

    I think Lick is a good coach, but he sure has his work cut out for him in getting this program turned around.

    Same with McDermott at ISU. The fans just don't want to go watch their team struggle against Houston Baptist when they can watch/listen for free at home. Iowa fans don't want to watch their team go 12 minutes without scoring when they can flip it to the BTN for free.
    Not to mention the whacked out start times for the iowa games. Not too many people are going to watch a game at 8:00 PM on a work/school night especially if you have to drive more than 30-45 minutes.



  11. #11
    Swarm & Punish
    Points: 291,460, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    keepngoal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    20,353
    Points
    291,460
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 719
    Given: 1,471

    Re: ISU WBB out drawing eiu Men's team Ha, Ha

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernHawk View Post
    Yup.

    And technically, Iowa is *averaging 9,440 fans per game.

    No way there are that many people there, but that's how many tickets are sold.
    Sell out?

    -keep


    The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

    May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep

  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 58,513, Level: 74
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    intrepid27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    2,664
    Points
    58,513
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 140
    Given: 171

    Re: ISU WBB out drawing eiu Men's team Ha, Ha

    I think Lick is may be a good coach but his style of BB is not very fun to watch. Now, if he starts winning the crowd will come back. It is tough to put a lot of effort and money out go to a game when you know both teams will score in the 50s or low 60s. I think ISU has suffered form this also the last 2 years. Just not much fun too watch. Getting better this year though.



  13. #13
    All-Star
    Points: 25,979, Level: 49
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 571
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    BenEClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lincoln, Ne
    Posts
    1,852
    Points
    25,979
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 19

    Re: ISU WBB out drawing eiu Men's team Ha, Ha

    Even following a co-Big Ten championship season and reaching the NCAA Tournament, even after winning three-straight games, the Iowa women's basketball team is still not drawing the attendance it had hoped for.

    Last year's team brought in an average of just under 3,000 people per home game; this year's team is drawing only slightly more, roughly 3,500 per contest.

    Iowa's largest fan attendance, as expected, came against archrival Iowa State, with 5,560 in attendance, around one-third wearing Cyclone apparel.
    This is one reason why Fennelly and the players pay tribute to their fans.

    Women's basketball team hopes to lure fans - Sports


    “We’ve got a pretty good football conference, and we’ve got a pretty good conference overall. We’re still walking around with our heads held high and our chest out, about that.” Paul Rhoads

  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 26,262, Level: 49
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    southern iowa
    Posts
    2,705
    Points
    26,262
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 225

    Re: ISU WBB out drawing eiu Men's team Ha, Ha

    Quote Originally Posted by BenEClone View Post
    Even following a co-Big Ten championship season and reaching the NCAA Tournament, even after winning three-straight games, the Iowa women's basketball team is still not drawing the attendance it had hoped for.

    Last year's team brought in an average of just under 3,000 people per home game; this year's team is drawing only slightly more, roughly 3,500 per contest.

    Iowa's largest fan attendance, as expected, came against archrival Iowa State, with 5,560 in attendance, around one-third wearing Cyclone apparel.
    This is one reason why Fennelly and the players pay tribute to their fans.

    Women's basketball team hopes to lure fans - Sports
    This is great, keep it up Cyclone fans! I have been to 2 women's games this year and the fans are incredible, let's out draw the Eiu men!


    Go Cyclones!!

  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 53,985, Level: 71
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    4,148
    Points
    53,985
    Level
    71
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 644

    Re: ISU WBB out drawing eiu Men's team Ha, Ha

    Quote Originally Posted by cybsball20 View Post
    When it comes to butts in the seats, I would bet the women outdraw our men this year when it's all said and done...

    Also the ISU women are also outdrawing the Drake men and women ...also outdraw the uni men and women....


    I think its funny how in the old days ISU couldnt outdraw a good barfight and now they outdraw everyone....



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM