Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 132,856, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cyismydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,353
    Points
    132,856
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 10

    Petey!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Played one of the best defensive games I have seen an ISU player play in a long time. Props to Petey! He was phenomenal in shutting down Abrams. Abrams had two open looks at the basket all night.



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 58,008, Level: 74
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 542
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clone5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,546
    Points
    58,008
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Petey!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I don't think anybody on the team works harder than Petersen. He has done everything he can do to make himself into a Big 12 player.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 396,552, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    58,212
    Points
    396,552
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 449
    Given: 313

    Re: Petey!!!!!!!!!!!!

    He kept the game close by shutting down Abrams.


    Last edited by Wesley; 01-10-2009 at 09:18 PM.
    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  4. #4
    Starter
    Points: 17,956, Level: 40
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    768
    Points
    17,956
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    A Big 12 player? Thats progress........

    Reading this site I thought he was a jr high or rec league player, maybe division 3 at best.



  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 56,537, Level: 73
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 513
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    benjay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,603
    Points
    56,537
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 20

    Re: A Big 12 player? Thats progress........

    Quote Originally Posted by copenhagen View Post
    Reading this site I thought he was a jr high or rec league player, maybe division 3 at best.
    Athletically he probably is.

    But he's worked hard and played smart. He's earned the right to play on the same court as guys like Abrams. After tonight I bet Abrams would second that emotion.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 44,627, Level: 65
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    mwitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,801
    Points
    44,627
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 4

    Re: Petey!!!!!!!!!!!!

    His athleticism is underrated.



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 861,175, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    55,576
    Points
    861,175
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,599
    Given: 1,351

    Re: Petey!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by cyismydog View Post
    Played one of the best defensive games I have seen an ISU player play in a long time. Props to Petey! He was phenomenal in shutting down Abrams. Abrams had two open looks at the basket all night.


    Good point. Good thread.

    If we want to have fun with the walk-on thing, we can point out that one of the nation's best players was shut down by a walk-on.

    Petey's impressive.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 37,416, Level: 59
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 434
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,596
    Points
    37,416
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 6

    Re: Petey!!!!!!!!!!!!

    He is a very smart, hard working player. Sometimes he is outmatched physically, but he does a lot more with a lot less than most players.



  9. #9
    Starter
    Points: 19,105, Level: 42
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 745
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    bfross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    866
    Points
    19,105
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

    Re: Petey!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by cyismydog View Post
    Played one of the best defensive games I have seen an ISU player play in a long time. Props to Petey! He was phenomenal in shutting down Abrams. Abrams had two open looks at the basket all night.
    Probably best since Chris Ceasar on Durant.



  10. #10
    Just Win Baby
    Points: 302,578, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clones85''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,339
    Points
    302,578
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Petey!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Petey is my favorite player. I have had a ton of respect for him ever since the Drake game, and most people hated him after that game



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 51,072, Level: 69
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Drive4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    972
    Posts
    5,541
    Points
    51,072
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 42

    Re: Petey!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    Petey is my favorite player. I have had a ton of respect for him ever since the Drake game, and most people hated him after that game
    I thought he was VERY good against Drake. Too bad he couldn't get that 3 pointer to go late or he would really be a hero on here.

    I enjoy watching him more this season when he's not having to run the point all game. To me, he's not a good PG at all but plays well as an off guard. DG being able to handle the point has helped Petey a lot IMO.



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 861,175, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    55,576
    Points
    861,175
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,599
    Given: 1,351

    Re: Petey!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Drive4cy View Post
    I thought he was VERY good against Drake. Too bad he couldn't get that 3 pointer to go late or he would really be a hero on here.

    I enjoy watching him more this season when he's not having to run the point all game. To me, he's not a good PG at all but plays well as an off guard. DG being able to handle the point has helped Petey a lot IMO.

    +1. That's exactly right, I believe.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 278,791, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,563
    Points
    278,791
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 198
    Given: 16

    Re: Petey!!!!!!!!!!!!

    While I love his defense and 3 point shooting, his PG skills still lack IMO. We would not survive with him as our full time PG.



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 72,317, Level: 83
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 833
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Gnomeborg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,161
    Points
    72,317
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 174
    Given: 17

    Re: Petey!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    +1. That's exactly right, I believe.
    This sort of thing has happened a lot at ISU recently, where a player who is a natural two gets shoved to the point where he flounders.

    Lee Love was a horrible point guard, and somewhat thrived (uhm... sorta) at the two spot once Michael Nurse got here.

    And speaking of Michael Nurse, he was only marginally better, and then exploded when Tinsley got here.

    Jake Sullivan played the two while Tinsley was here, then got shoved into the point position (I still resent your face Zach Fortune) where he only looked good when you compared him to Paris Corner. He began to thrive again once Tim Barns got here.

    I'm happy Petey's gotten a chance to slip to a spot that suits him better.



    "It was like going on vacation to go play Iowa." - Coach Johnny Orr

  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 861,175, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    55,576
    Points
    861,175
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,599
    Given: 1,351

    Re: Petey!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnomeborg View Post
    This sort of thing has happened a lot at ISU recently, where a player who is a natural two gets shoved to the point where he flounders.

    Lee Love was a horrible point guard, and somewhat thrived (uhm... sorta) at the two spot once Michael Nurse got here.

    And speaking of Michael Nurse, he was only marginally better, and then exploded when Tinsley got here.

    Jake Sullivan played the two while Tinsley was here, then got shoved into the point position (I still resent your face Zach Fortune) where he only looked good when you compared him to Paris Corner. He began to thrive again once Tim Barns got here.

    I'm happy Petey's gotten a chance to slip to a spot that suits him better.

    It happens at a lot of schools. It shows really how difficult it is to find a natural point guard, and what happens to a team when you need to have somebody fill in at that crucial position.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. Kansas State
  • September 6, 2014
  • 11:00 AM