Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

do not watch

battle for haditha.

it has turned my stomach, not because of what it is about, but for the way this ove-liberal disgusting writer made such an anti-american movie, sympathizing with terrorists, and painting a horrible picture of our troops.

i know many marines, and not one of them acts the way they did in this movie.

as someone on another site pointed out:

" the title is wrong. I find it extremely disrespectful that they used "they battle for haditha" as the name. Anyone who knows anything on the subject is aware that the battle for haditha was an operation in which the marines took control of the city. Not one shot was fired but (correct me if i am wrong) 8 marines were killed. Now, using the name of an operation in which marines risked there lives, and lost them, to take over the city and only detained people for what is otherwise known as the "haditha massacre" is ridiculous and disrespectful.

The second problem I have with the movie is as far as the event it is fairly inaccurate and is biased. Failing to even try to cover both sides of the story until perhaps the end the movie got on my nerves after a while. It was not 1 Humvee that got blown up and 1 killed, 2 wounded. It was 1 AAV that got blown up. Killing 5 and the sixth found slaughtered a few miles down the road. Whether or not the marines purposely killed the civilians, whether it was routine and they treated the houses as extremely hostile or not or whether insurgents killed them we will never know. But as the movie points out the man Told the little girl (9 years old not 12) what to say. which is entirely possible. Also note that the Man who made and promoted the tape was of the Hamurabi human rights group, furthering the idea that it could be a setup."

i am enraged right now beyond belief. movies like this would not be allowed in other countries, yet someone has to make them just because they can.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 813
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 22

Re: do not watch

ya i watched this.. and it is terrible.. really ****** me off to tell u the truth

Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,132
    Given: 593

If I am going to watch a war film, I try to check it out as much as possible ahead of time because it seems that about 2 out of 3 seem to present a negative picture of our soldiers/people and a sympathetic picture of our enemies. Thanks for the heads up on this one.

Pro Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

I watched Stop Loss last night and it game me a new appreciation for the men and women that rick their lives daily so that I can post on CF.

Addict
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 562
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

i am enraged right now beyond belief. movies like this would not be allowed in other countries, yet someone has to make them just because they can.
    FWIW this is a British film.

It's Bushbama!

2 time Chupacabra of Humor Award Recipient

Quote Originally Posted by joefrog
    I will admit, I am to blame in sometimes making mountains out of molehills.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 539
    Given: 377

Quote Originally Posted by PolkCityClone View Post
    I watched Stop Loss last night and it game me a new appreciation for the men and women that rick their lives daily so that I can post on CF.
    I haven't watched Stop Loss, but I refuse to watch a war movie put out by MTV. They may "support" the troops, but otherwise are about as anti-military as it gets. MTV is just another one of those organizations that thinks the military should be nothing more than an overglorified scholarship program.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Addict
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 562
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

I'll preface this by saying I haven't seen this movie, but it appears the review you posted is confused. He's talking about the actual Battle of Haditha, and he recounts it correctly as far as I know. The movie, even though similarly titled, is about the Haditha Massacre, or Haditha Incident, which happened several months after the Battle of Haditha.

I haven't seen the movie to say how it portrays the Haditha Incident, but if the reviewer was thinking it wasn't portraying the Battle of Haditha correctly he's right, because that's not what the movie is about, based on IMDB and wikipedia plot synopsis anyways.

It's Bushbama!

2 time Chupacabra of Humor Award Recipient

Quote Originally Posted by joefrog
    I will admit, I am to blame in sometimes making mountains out of molehills.