Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 3

Okay now who is the DC?

We've all read the posts about the DC not being Paul. So, now with all the games done, will we see our new DC introduced today? I think it would be great if he was? Now the curious thing is we know that Paul is out recruiting, could it be that he is also interviewing candidates - especially someone who may have coached last night in the orange bowl???

I really respect the thought that if Paul and Dan M. had talked that there is the chance that Dan may have tipped him on a good coach on the UF staff ready to make that jump....Vance Bedford.

Not sure, hope we get this position filled, it may help not only with retaining recruits but also with closing the current recruiting class. Would love to get someone exciting that could talk with Mike Marry and convince him that ISU is the place for him to come in and showcase his talents next year!!!!!!

Here's to hoping that today is the day.....

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 646
    Given: 404

Re: Okay now who is the DC?

Need to announce before inaguaation Day. Probably hear Saturday morning again.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Pro
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 131
    Given: 49

I'm getting a little anxious about this pick. Part of me thinks he may have struck out on his first several picks and is now sort of 'starting over' with his search which is why he is taking so long. I could be totally wrong though. I just wish he'd announce someone already!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 376
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by KMAC_ATTACK View Post
    We've all read the posts about the DC not being Paul. So, now with all the games done, will we see our new DC introduced today? I think it would be great if he was? Now the curious thing is we know that Paul is out recruiting, could it be that he is also interviewing candidates - especially someone who may have coached last night in the orange bowl???

I really respect the thought that if Paul and Dan M. had talked that there is the chance that Dan may have tipped him on a good coach on the UF staff ready to make that jump....Vance Bedford.

Not sure, hope we get this position filled, it may help not only with retaining recruits but also with closing the current recruiting class. Would love to get someone exciting that could talk with Mike Marry and convince him that ISU is the place for him to come in and showcase his talents next year!!!!!!

Here's to hoping that today is the day.....
    Coaches convention next week. Either he announces saturday or he ties up interviews next week. IMO- It isn't that big of a deal. PR knows what he wants to runn and is finding a coach that will do it. The biggest impact is on the position coaches since that is who theplayers will be dealing with. I would imaging the current players will gothrough Spring practices before they make a decision on staying or going.

The great thing if we get Marry is it probably means LJ is staying.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 376
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by mustangcy View Post
    I'm getting a little anxious about this pick. Part of me thinks he may have struck out on his first several picks and is now sort of 'starting over' with his search which is why he is taking so long. I could be totally wrong though. I just wish he'd announce someone already!
    IMO- He went after a OC first and theDC was dependent on the $$$ needed for the OC. We have to remmeber he didn't even talk to Herman until Dec 31(last week). So if he was waiting on OC first he just might have waited until this week to interview DC's.
    Not only that but it has only been three weeks since he was hired and hopefully most of the coaches he is looking at were involved in bolw games.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 8

Quote Originally Posted by tazclone View Post
    IMO- He went after a OC first and theDC was dependent on the $$$ needed for the OC. We have to remmeber he didn't even talk to Herman until Dec 31(last week). So if he was waiting on OC first he just might have waited until this week to interview DC's.
    Not only that but it has only been three weeks since he was hired and hopefully most of the coaches he is looking at were involved in bolw games.
    I think that is a good point. Most of the talent that ISU has is on the offensive side of the ball makes sense to get that coach first then you know the budget you have to work with in looking for a DC.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 742
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

I'm starting to wonder about this position as well. It seems odd to hire a bunch of defensive position coaches without input from the DC. I'm hoping that is not the case and that the DC is coming from Florida (not Dan McCarney).

Seneca Wallace.

Pro
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 972
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 3

Quote Originally Posted by hurdleisu24 View Post
    I think that is a good point. Most of the talent that ISU has is on the offensive side of the ball makes sense to get that coach first then you know the budget you have to work with in looking for a DC.
    I agree with this to a degree. But, ISU didnt pay the new head coach more then the old one was making which is standard practice and maybe that was Rhoads deal, that the 1.125 mil was fine, but, he wanted more cash for the assistants because he realizes the assistants are what make up the team. The coach is the CEO but its the guys in the trenches that makes it tick.....

I think were going to see someone announced very soon - again, with all the bowl games done, to announce now will pull a bit of attention to ISU.

All-Star
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Vance Bedford certainly has a pretty padded resume. I for one wouldn't be opposed to hiring him. Has ties to the Big Twelve, has coached in the midwest quite a bit. I think he would be a pretty good fit. My only fear is he hasn't had much experience as a DC to this point. Only one stint at Oklahoma State.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,471
    Given: 3,081

Thumbs up Re: Okay now who is the DC?

Quote Originally Posted by KMAC_ATTACK View Post
    I agree with this to a degree. But, ISU didnt pay the new head coach more then the old one was making which is standard practice and maybe that was Rhoads deal, that the 1.125 mil was fine, but, he wanted more cash for the assistants because he realizes the assistants are what make up the team. The coach is the CEO but its the guys in the trenches that makes it tick.....

I think were going to see someone announced very soon - again, with all the bowl games done, to announce now will pull a bit of attention to ISU.
    I fully agree with you here. PR seems to know that the coordinators will make or break him. Chizik on the other hand, believed his awsomeness as HC would get the job done (FAIL), so he hired his buddies. Mac made some good (Loney) and bad hires (Marty Fine). The bad hires sunk his ship.