Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 338
    Given: 239
    Pollard mentioned an Iowa fan submitted a "Cardinal Rule" about the streak of wins Iowa had. Said to take the billboard down in CR. Pollard joked about it, thanked him for visiting the Cyclone website and informed him our sponsors would love the fact Hawk fans are on the ISU site.

Pollard mentioned ISU was always on his short list of places he'd like to be the AD at. Said ISU was on the footsteps of being really good and he wanted to, and wants to, take us there.

JP mentioned ISU will never have the largest budget, but they need to capitalize on their opportunities and use the money wisely.

JP joked he may cancel the billboard thing. He has not paid for it, it's not even up yet he's already gotten "it's money's worth". On the front page of the Register, on the news, etc.

JP talked about the improvements he wants to make, stated the advancement of ISU is in the hands of ISU. Miller tried to get details on the enhancements, JP stated he can't go into it much because the Regents must approve it, but the practice facility for basketball/volleyball & bowling in the end zone was mentioned.

Miller joked Iowa is a fan of committees, even when they want to buy toaster. Miller said to JP, "You seem to be a one man committee. You see the man you want, you go get him. How does that work". JP gave credit to President Geoffrey(sp) by giving the reigns to himself, having faith in him and "clearing the trees" for the process to take place.

Miller asked about the time frame of Cael getting hired. JP laughed and stated the press release was written and scheduled before Iowa fired their guy.

JP talked about the balancing act of an AD. What comes first selling the football season tickets or hiring G-Mac? If you can't sell the tickets can't pay for Greg. If you can't hire Greg, selling tickets to basketball and football can be tough. Lots to do in a short time hard to decide where to go first.

JP mentioned ISU chose to be a D-I school and fans need to act like it when it come to $ and attending games. "Go big or go home" came from Miller. JP said our budget 4 years ago was $28 million, which is what it is today. Can't stay the same and improve.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ISUFan22 &#064; Jun 13 2006, 02&#58;50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    JP mentioned ISU chose to be a D-I school and fans need to act like it when it come to &#036; and attending games. "Go big or go home" came from Miller. JP said our budget 4 years ago was &#036;28 million, which is what it is today. Can&#39;t stay the same and improve.
    [/b][/quote]

That is very sad that our budget hasn&#39;t increased in 4 years.

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    nice coverage of the interview. Listened to it myself but there is no way I could have covered all of that. The only point you missed that stood out to me was there are 175000 living Iowa State Alumni. If only 10% gave as little as &#036;100 that would finance a &#036;30 million facilities upgrade. The message is clear I think. Give&#33; You dont have to be a fat cat with million dollar checks. Just step up and give. One season ticket. &#036;100 donation to the National Cyclone Club or take the neighbor kids to the game. On that note STOP USING SCALPERS BUY YOUR TICKETS DIRECTLY FROM THE TICKET OFFICE&#33;&#33;. I am not sure if Iowa State has a program like this or not but they need to have a ticket exchange for fans.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,281
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 1
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(a99cyclone &#064; Jun 13 2006, 05&#58;41 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> nice coverage of the interview. Listened to it myself but there is no way I could have covered all of that. The only point you missed that stood out to me was there are 175000 living Iowa State Alumni. If only 10% gave as little as &#036;100 that would finance a &#036;30 million facilities upgrade. The message is clear I think. Give&#33; You dont have to be a fat cat with million dollar checks. Just step up and give. One season ticket. &#036;100 donation to the National Cyclone Club or take the neighbor kids to the game. On that note STOP USING SCALPERS BUY YOUR TICKETS DIRECTLY FROM THE TICKET OFFICE&#33;&#33;. I am not sure if Iowa State has a program like this or not but they need to have a ticket exchange for fans.

[/b][/quote]

Just think if our football team would get really good. More people would hop on the wagon and we could raise ticket prices a little to creat more revenue. I think we need to be between 40-45 million to be a decent program.

Thats a 12-17 Million increase and would put us in the top 6 of the big 12. That would be nice, but I bet Jamie would love to hit 30 million right now. Anyone else have any good links like below?

Here is the B12 budgets a couple years ago

http://www.fanblogs.com/big12/005324.php

Here is a few others of interest.

Iowa - 61 Million

Indiana - 37

Purdue - 51

Mich State - 62

Wis - 75

Minn - 53

Ill - 48

Source - Indy Star

Final 4 schools last year

LSU -60

Florida - 78

UCLA - 46

G Mason - 11

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    [quote name=&#39;HandSanitizer&#39; date=&#39;Jun 13 2006, 07:26 PM&#39; post=&#39;11127&#39;]

Just think if our football team would get really good. More people would hop on the wagon and we could raise ticket prices a little to creat more revenue. I think we need to be between 40-45 million to be a decent program.

Thats a 12-17 Million increase and would put us in the top 6 of the big 12. That would be nice, but I bet Jamie would love to hit 30 million right now. Anyone else have any good links like below?

Here is the B12 budgets a couple years ago

http://www.fanblogs.com/big12/005324.php

Here is a few others of interest.

Iowa - 61 Million

Indiana - 37

Purdue - 51

Mich State - 62

Wis - 75

Minn - 53

Ill - 48

Source - Indy Star

Final 4 schools last year

LSU -60

Florida - 78

UCLA - 46

G Mason - 11

Your write we definately need to increase our budget. However we cant wait to win more games we need to do it now. Then when more games. Pollard also said you are either moving winning or losing and right now we are losing the battle. I have a question for you. I am looking for the athletic budgets for all of the schools from the power conferences in football. Pac 10, Big East, Big 10, Big 12, ACC and the SEC. Does this link you have give all those schools. I have searched a little here tonite but i am at work and dont want to do to much. Thank you

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,281
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 1
    I don&#39;t have any links to all schools. You would think someone would find a document that would have all public athletic departments ranked. I really think the goal should be around 37 million within the next 5 years. That is going up 2 million a year. The sad thing is how bad that still looks. I just want to get respectable (40 Mill) so we can afford things, but I think that we can make up the rest just having good coaches. Peace...

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    To the fans saying we need to put a better product on the field, then fans will pay up and show up...

Please remember the product is 10x better today than it was 10 years ago. It&#39;s even better now than it was 5 years ago - even though our record may not show it this fall - but that&#39;s another topic.

What more do you want? In order to move to the next level, fan support is a critical part of that. JP can hire great coaches, make changes to the venues, etc. Yet if butts don&#39;t go in the seats and donations are not made - those advancements won&#39;t keep moving forward, coaches will move on.

Not to mention, Pollard will notice he does not see himself in his fans - and move on. And I firmly believe that. It&#39;s no discredit to Jamie at all. He wants to compete, he wants to win & succeed - have fun doing it and make the fans happy.

We have a great window of opportunity here - I&#39;m guessing it&#39;s about 3-5 years. If we, the fans, don&#39;t start acting like we&#39;ve got a Division I athletic program that is a member of the powerful Big 12 soon - we&#39;ll "never" take that next step - instead falling back down to the cellar.

Where the football, basketball and other programs go from here...is on us. Pollard is doing his part. His staff and coaches are doing theirs. Now it&#39;s our turn.

Very few of us are wealthy - I have anything but deep pockets. Yet I find ways to make contributions that fit within my budget.

Currently my wife and I get a total of 4 football season tickets, we do this because we&#39;re just barely young enough to get those Varsity club prices. We rotate each week who we take with us to the games - this will be our 3rd or 4th year doing such. So far we&#39;ve converted 4 people into buying season tickets, with 2 more in limbo for 2006.

We&#39;re not as big of basketball fans, yet we do manage to get to 2-4 games a year. I&#39;d like to double that this winter, to support the cause - plus I love what G-Mac is doing. We&#39;ve even attended a few women&#39;s games in the past. Cael may persuade us to get up to a wrestling meet or two.

We buy as much Cyclone apparel as we can, within reason. It&#39;s marketing, plus we love it. Of course we make our small donation each year, but as Pollard said yesterday, if most of the Cyclone fans donate &#036;100 each, they&#39;d have a very, very nice budget.

Have my wife & I always been the model Cyclone fans? No. We used to do football and that&#39;s it. Then again, everyone has their sport. But, the more fans that go to as many events as possible = more dollars for the program.

I know I&#39;m on a long rant here, I&#39;ll end it with a repetition of what I said earlier.

Cyclone fans - Our time is now. Lets seize this opportunity Jamie Pollard has helped us realize, and be a big part of why this program takes it to the next level&#33;

Facebook Knows All
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 419
    Given: 180
    I really think that people love JP and what he is doing for Iowa State. He has done great things in a short time and has a plan to do many, many more. I really believe that this alone will increase donations, ticket purchases, etc.

So many people disliked Bruce. Many people were waiting for someone with a vision and passion (IMO Bruce lacked both) and then JP comes along. Lots of people are behind him 100% and will follow through with new/increased donations.

Walk On
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 369
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    "Currently my wife and I get a total of 4 football season tickets, we do this because we&#39;re just barely young enough to get those Varsity club prices. We rotate each week who we take with us to the games - this will be our 3rd or 4th year doing such. So far we&#39;ve converted 4 people into buying season tickets, with 2 more in limbo for 2006."

Thats a great thing for cyclone athletics...if half the season ticket holders did this I can&#39;t imagine how we wouldn&#39;t sell out every game....45,000 season tickets sold

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    I forgot to add, we don&#39;t take friends of ours for nothing - we either ask &#39;em for &#036;10-20 for the tickets (very cheap) or they bring the food for the tailgate.

It&#39;s a win/win/win in our opinion. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    Does anyone know how many tickets have been sold? Last I knew we had broken the record, then yesterday I got a phone call from JP asking me to buy tickets because we were still below the goal of 30,000. I&#39;m I student so if I buy student season tickets does that count?

Starter
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 7
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Greg &#064; Jun 14 2006, 12&#58;27 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Does anyone know how many tickets have been sold? Last I knew we had broken the record, then yesterday I got a phone call from JP asking me to buy tickets because we were still below the goal of 30,000. I&#39;m I student so if I buy student season tickets does that count? [/b][/quote]

The total as of Wednesday the 14th is 28,657

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    I hate Jon Miller but what isu fan likes him

Giving it a go
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 5
    I do.

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chadm &#064; Jun 14 2006, 07&#58;08 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> I do. [/b][/quote]

I like him too. He&#39;s honest and fair. That&#39;s all you can ask.

Go Clones!