Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Possible new recruit

I was looking at the Auburn commits and there is an interesting Juco DE(sorry about the abbreviation) Wilfred Journet. He had committed to Auburn out of high school but did not have the grades so he went Juco. He then recommitted to the tigers this summer and was set to enroll in January. With their coaching change he did not sign a LOI in December and there has not been much info about him since. He is listed at 6-3 and 265#'s with very good speed. One of the recruiting updates from his high school days called him a "sack master". Gotta like that. I also believe he has been playing Juco ball at the same school as Tim Dobbins. Coach Price was also the Auburn coach recruiting him. I have no idea if he is interested in us but there seems to be a lot of potential connections.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 9

Re: Possible new recruit

Solid research!

Pro
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 457
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 9

SIGN HIM!!

Hopefully, Price (I refuse to call him TP) and Paul can pull a couple of guys away from Chizsick.

All-Star
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 887
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

Yeah, also Cameron Kenney may end up switching his committment. I'm not implying that it will be us but he is a stud juco wide receiver from Garden City, KS (Alvin Bowen) that Price brought to Auburn.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,043
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

The only unfortunate thing about these guys being at JUCOs where we had previous Cyclones come from is that there is no longer a "pipeline" there with all the coaching changes we have had. So we can't depend on a player coming here because a former Cyclone from the same school did.

However, since the coaches we just hired were already recruiting them I hope we get lucky.

Wide Right & Natty Lite - Loyal Sons, Forever True. With beer!

Walk On
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 280
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by arganbright2 View Post
    Yeah, also Cameron Kenney may end up switching his committment. I'm not implying that it will be us but he is a stud juco wide receiver from Garden City, KS (Alvin Bowen) that Price brought to Auburn.
    I would think a solid JUCO WR would love the fact that we just named Tom Herman our OC. He will be opening up our offense & looking to throw.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 10

I wouldn't get too excited about him. Per both Rivals and Scout, he left his JUCO around the 1st of September and planned to no longer attend Auburn at that time.

Starter
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 515
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 11

Anyone else find it ironic with all this talk of recruiting Juco's that the banner ad at the top has the K State logo on their helmets?

Pro
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 571
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by retzmountn View Post
    I would think a solid JUCO WR would love the fact that we just named Tom Herman our OC. He will be opening up our offense & looking to throw.
    Only problem i see in that, WR is probably the deepest position we have on our team - including RB...with Arob, Bo and Schwartz and our incoming class of blankenship and white.

Considering we have Hamilton, Johnson, Darks, Jones, Reynolds, Carlson, and Range who by the way, may be as good as either of Darks and Johnson if his injury is healed, he's a lot better recruit then a lot will realize - we will this season......with two HS commits, but either or both may redshirt.

The WR corps must be loving the signing of Herman's spread with two wide receivers getting over 1,300 yards - someone's making plays.

The thing as a spread wide receiver in Hermans offense that shows me this offense is innovative, look at the fact that twice this year a wide receiver in the same game scored by running, passing and receiving in the same game.

Things could be real fun no doubt - but, competition to see the field at the wr position will be tough next year.

All-Star
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 790
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by KMAC_ATTACK View Post
    . . . Considering we have Hamilton, Johnson, Darks, Jones, Reynolds, Carlson, and Range who by the way, may be as good as either of Darks and Johnson if his injury is healed, he's a lot better recruit then a lot will realize - we will this season......with two HS commits, but either or both may redshirt.
    Anyone else here watch the videos of committed WR DJ Breshears? I thought his play bedazzling. Cannot wait to see this kid play in a Cardinal and Gold uniform. But, might have to wait a couple of years . . . which is a good thing, really.

Mankind, when left to themselves, are unfit for their own government.
    -George Washington

We, the People, are the problem. I knew it!

All-Star
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 887
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

People are going to need to be patient with the offense though. Look at SMU in there first year under June Jones. They struggled quite a bit and threw alot of interceptions this year with the spread. Obviously it took Rice awhile to get back on the right track after going 3-9 and then 10-3. We are lucky that we have two very smart (academically) qb's in Arnaud and Tiller because it takes smarts to understand an offense like that

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 937
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

Obviously it took Rice awhile to get back on the right track after going 3-9 and then 10-3.
    Rice still put up points in the 3-9 season. They lost a number of close, high scoring games. In the 10-3 season, they improved both the O & D slightly and won a number of high scoring games.

Walk On
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 280
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by KMAC_ATTACK View Post
    Only problem i see in that, WR is probably the deepest position we have on our team - including RB...with Arob, Bo and Schwartz and our incoming class of blankenship and white.

Considering we have Hamilton, Johnson, Darks, Jones, Reynolds, Carlson, and Range who by the way, may be as good as either of Darks and Johnson if his injury is healed, he's a lot better recruit then a lot will realize - we will this season......with two HS commits, but either or both may redshirt.

The WR corps must be loving the signing of Herman's spread with two wide receivers getting over 1,300 yards - someone's making plays.

The thing as a spread wide receiver in Hermans offense that shows me this offense is innovative, look at the fact that twice this year a wide receiver in the same game scored by running, passing and receiving in the same game.

Things could be real fun no doubt - but, competition to see the field at the wr position will be tough next year.
    Thanks for that information. I had forgotten about Reynolds & Range.

Pro
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 571
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by CyValley View Post
    Anyone else here watch the videos of committed WR DJ Breshears? I thought his play bedazzling. Cannot wait to see this kid play in a Cardinal and Gold uniform. But, might have to wait a couple of years . . . which is a good thing, really.
    CyValley - 100% agree, i think he starts day one. May be a situational thing in regards to the offense, but, he's got natural punt returner skills and this guy in the open field is exactly what you said - BEDAZZLING.....

People are going to need to be patient with the offense though. Look at SMU in there first year under June Jones. They struggled quite a bit and threw alot of interceptions this year with the spread. Obviously it took Rice awhile to get back on the right track after going 3-9 and then 10-3. We are lucky that we have two very smart (academically) qb's in Arnaud and Tiller because it takes smarts to understand an offense like that
    I do not think our offense even misses a beat with the change. If anything, its ready to explode and Herman may be the recipient of the dues that were paid this year. The verbage may be different and alignments, but, this should not be a major transition as it was two years ago. I foresee our QB's picking up the system very quickly. I imagine that Herman saw the talent that was already here and figured this would be an easy transition and a huge step up in caliber of opponents.

Now the one thing i want to see out of our qb position is intelligence. In watching several of the bowl games, it was apparent that sometimes our qb's look like a robot out there in comparison to winning programs. I want our qb to be able to read a progression and a defense to determine if the play called is the right one, and if need be, audible out of it. All too often, when we lined up, and we watched AA go under center, i could count 8-9 guys in the box and we were gonna run for 5 yards? Why not loft it out to our wr and try to make a big gainer instead of a big pile of smoke and a punt. If we get that this year, i will be the most excited Clone fan alive!!!!

One big thing i looked at with Herman's offense is scoring. Like McFarland's offense, Rice's offense and ISU's offense piled up a ton of yards. The difference and where i see the innovative qualities to it, Rice would score when they got their chances - ISU would attempt FG's.....This truly separates the good from the great offensive coordinators. If the team moves the ball in between the twentys thats great, but when given the opportunity, you have to score td's......I love McFarland and hope he stays on as the OL coach because that will give our line a lot of continuity, but, i'm really excited about the potential scoring ability of our offense.