Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 56
  1. #1
    Starter
    Points: 17,033, Level: 39
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    615
    Points
    17,033
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 4

    Coach Rhoads on Jim & Jim tonight.....

    Yeah I know, I shouldn't listen to that stuff, but my Hawk wife always monitors it for me to weed out the Hawk hype, and lets me know if there is some Cyclone stuff on there of note.

    Well, Coach Rhodes was on there tonight, and I'm even more impressed than I was before. I think this guy will be the real deal for ISU - finally. I think I heard him say that another coach will be announced tomorrow. I assume that will be the DC. Said look for a spread offense, but a lot of variations. Sounded like excitement may return to Trice. Said he will recruit Iowa first, (expected that), but Texas and Florida are prime spots as well. He will be traveling all next week from Texas to Florida to Wisconsin and back to Iowa. He talked a little bit about how during the down period some recruits and their families took upon themselves to visit Ames and him on their own. I guess that is allowed during the down period. I was impressed by that. I don't get pumped easily - but I am now! Hope I got it all right.



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 27,916, Level: 51
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 734
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cyco2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,247
    Points
    27,916
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 51

    re: Coach Rhoads on Jim & Jim tonight.....

    I don't think football can get here soon enough. I miss it already.



  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 41,201, Level: 62
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 449
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Altoona
    Posts
    3,798
    Points
    41,201
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 0

    re: Coach Rhoads on Jim & Jim tonight.....

    Honestly, I would not be as excited for Cyclone football in 2009 if Chiz and Company were still here. He would have had to hire some kick*** coordinators to get me excited.

    This completely breathes new life into the fanbase again. And this time, I believe, is for real.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 58,438, Level: 74
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    guitarchitect7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,346
    Points
    58,438
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 22

    re: Coach Rhoads on Jim & Jim tonight.....

    Quote Originally Posted by cyco2000 View Post
    I don't think football can get here soon enough. I miss it already.
    I was saying this just the other day. Skip the bowl games and just get on with the new season already!!!


    "You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace." -- Ernie Banks



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 206,729, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    kingcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Menlo, Iowa
    Posts
    19,313
    Points
    206,729
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 922
    Given: 790

    re: Coach Rhoads on Jim & Jim tonight.....

    I think HS players can contact coaches during down periods but coaches cannot contact hs players. I could be wrong.

    Are the Jims still doing the show? Last time I heard JZ talk he didnt seem all there and having issues. With Walden you never know what you are going to get.

    Glad to have a coach that you can believe when he says he will recruit Iowa first.


    The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

  6. #6
    Rookie
    Points: 11,827, Level: 32
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 123
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    wags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ames via ne iowa
    Posts
    497
    Points
    11,827
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    re: Coach Rhoads on Jim & Jim tonight.....

    241 days..



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 28,247, Level: 51
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 403
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,232
    Points
    28,247
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Cool re: Coach Rhoads on Jim & Jim tonight.....

    He will be good for Iowa State. A younger version of McCarney........


    King James

  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 206,729, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    kingcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Menlo, Iowa
    Posts
    19,313
    Points
    206,729
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 922
    Given: 790

    re: Coach Rhoads on Jim & Jim tonight.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUonthemove View Post
    Honestly, I would not be as excited for Cyclone football in 2009 if Chiz and Company were still here. He would have had to hire some kick*** coordinators to get me excited.

    This completely breathes new life into the fanbase again. And this time, I believe, is for real.
    I was way down on next year with Chizik, now I'm ready to see what this new staff has to offer.


    The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

  9. #9
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 14,574, Level: 36
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 276
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    256
    Points
    14,574
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 3

    re: Coach Rhoads on Jim & Jim tonight.....

    Coach Rhodes talked a bit of recruiting.
    It starts with defensive linemen.
    Said ISU is a bit short in safeties and that will be addressed
    Also sounds like he found a couple more Iowa boys that may
    fit for what he wants.



  10. #10
    Starter
    Points: 17,033, Level: 39
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    615
    Points
    17,033
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 4

    re: Coach Rhoads on Jim & Jim tonight.....

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcy View Post
    I think HS players can contact coaches during down periods but coaches cannot contact hs players. I could be wrong.

    Are the Jims still doing the show? Last time I heard JZ talk he didnt seem all there and having issues. With Walden you never know what you are going to get.

    Glad to have a coach that you can believe when he says he will recruit Iowa first.
    Yeah, they are both on there. I hadn't listened for a long time. It appears to me that Walden has taken control and covers for Zabel when he can. But still hawk city.



  11. #11
    Rookie
    Points: 15,570, Level: 37
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    conmebol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    427
    Points
    15,570
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 27

    re: Coach Rhoads on Jim & Jim tonight.....

    I agree completely that we need d-lineman.



  12. #12
    Pro Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,338
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    re: Coach Rhoads on Jim & Jim tonight.....

    Quote Originally Posted by cyowa View Post
    Yeah I know, I shouldn't listen to that stuff, but my Hawk wife always monitors it for me to weed out the Hawk hype, and lets me know if there is some Cyclone stuff on there of note.

    Well, Coach Rhodes was on there tonight, and I'm even more impressed than I was before. I think this guy will be the real deal for ISU - finally. I think I heard him say that another coach will be announced tomorrow. I assume that will be the DC. Said look for a spread offense, but a lot of variations. Sounded like excitement may return to Trice. Said he will recruit Iowa first, (expected that), but Texas and Florida are prime spots as well. He will be traveling all next week from Texas to Florida to Wisconsin and back to Iowa. He talked a little bit about how during the down period some recruits and their families took upon themselves to visit Ames and him on their own. I guess that is allowed during the down period. I was impressed by that. I don't get pumped easily - but I am now! Hope I got it all right.
    Is spelling it right - RHOADS really that hard?



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 458,471, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    69,730
    Points
    458,471
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,176
    Given: 1,944

    re: Coach Rhoads on Jim & Jim tonight.....

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesfnb View Post
    He will be good for Iowa State. A younger version of McCarney........

    Or a younger version of Johnny Majors.


    Let Prohm's Posse Ride: Georges, Georgios, 3sus, Hallice, Deonte, Abdel, Monte, Matt, and McKaT.

  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 89,790, Level: 93
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,460
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson, Iowa
    Posts
    8,292
    Points
    89,790
    Level
    93
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 114
    Given: 184

    re: Coach Rhoads on Jim & Jim tonight.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Or a younger version of Johnny Majors.
    I like that one better.



  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 44,402, Level: 65
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,148
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,753
    Points
    44,402
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 38

    re: Coach Rhoads on Jim & Jim tonight.....

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesfnb View Post
    He will be good for Iowa State. A younger version of McCarney........
    One big difference - even McCarney would probably admit that he didn't come close to challenging for the class valedictorian title. PR was clearly the sharper guy in the classroom. I expect him to show it on the sideline also.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPNU
  • HOOPS: Iowa State @ Texas Tech
  • February 9, 2016
  • 08:00 PM