Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 42
    Link

Yup - been speculated for a week that was going to be the case. Wish it wasn&#39;t so early, but it&#39;ll do. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

I have a crew of 12 going to the game, mixture of Cyclone and Hawkeye fans. Right now we have rooms reserved in CR for both Friday and Saturday night (decided not to pay out the arse for a room in Iowa City).

With the early start time, we may just meet somewhere in DSM very early in the morning for breakfast - head out in time to hit Iowa City 60-90 minutes before game time - then tailgate after. Then head back to DSM.

I&#39;d prefer an afternoon start with hours of tailgating - but the game is #1. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

Pro
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 283
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 14
    Thats why you hit the road for Iowa City at 5:30, get in the parking lot by 7:00 and tailgate yourselves a great breakfast.
    I got to do that two years ago, but since the little one will be about 6 weeks old come gametime, I don&#39;t think it will happen again this year&#33; [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
    That and it isn&#39;t an hour and a half drive to IA City anymore&#33;

Pro
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1
    I have 2 tickets for the game, but where can you tailgate there? Havent been to Kinnick since I was very young, dont remember the area. I&#39;ll prolly just head over the night before.

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    I&#39;ll be watch ing the game from my 12 in. TV screen in my office. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]

better than the radio in the cubicle that my friends/hawkfans have to put up with [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

God Bless America

Starter Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    I have the best seats in the house...

right in front of my Hi-Def 56"........and no issues with terrible parking at kinnick...

Pro
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vanillathrilla &#064; Jun 13 2006, 12&#58;28 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> I have 2 tickets for the game, but where can you tailgate there? Havent been to Kinnick since I was very young, dont remember the area. I&#39;ll prolly just head over the night before.

[/b][/quote]

The whole parking area immediately west of the stadium is a tailgating haven, though tailgating happens pretty much everywhere in the stadium neighborhood.

I have another suggestion for dealing with parking/traffic up there. There&#39;s a ton of road construction going on half a block down the street, so traffic will be even worse than normal, if you can imagine. The answer? The Hawkeye Express. It&#39;s a shuttle train that runs between Coral Ridge Mall and Kinnick on the CRANDIC line tracks. You have to buy a ticket, but it&#39;s pretty cheap, and it saves you the hassle of trying to drive in and out of the stadium area. If you&#39;re just going to the game, it&#39;s perfect. If you want to tailgate, maybe have one car with all the supplies go park, and have other cars with the people go to the mall and take the train.

Just another option for you all to use if you want.

True and Valiant

I also remember a game with Kansas when Cy (wore a huge suit then) went out to center field, squatted, and "pooped" a couple of chickens that had been dyed blue then chased them around.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJK15

God I hope so, even if it's not the right thing to do, KF needs to do it.
    Victory before honor.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 297
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 17
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(monkeybrow &#064; Jun 13 2006, 12&#58;32 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> I have the best seats in the house...

right in front of my Hi-Def 56"........and no issues with terrible parking at kinnick...

[/b][/quote]

Nor will you have to deal with the stench of Pukeye bird flu land. Comparable to dead carp rotting on a beach on a 95 degree day. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif[/img]

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    TV is nice but I have to be there. What a great day. My favorite day of the year and my wifes least favorite. Two years ago she wanted to go and i quote "you cant you will slow me down". Did not go over well but I had a great time. &#036;20 ticket right before kickoff and some good tailgating. Lets hope the outcome is better this year.

Pro
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1
    Right now I have NOT given my second ticket to anyone (prolly wont until a couple weeks before). I love to tailgate; I bring music, flags, a grill, just need to know where, LOL. Should be a fun time until hawk fans start spouting off.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vanillathrilla &#064; Jun 13 2006, 11&#58;02 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Right now I have NOT given my second ticket to anyone (prolly wont until a couple weeks before). I love to tailgate; I bring music, flags, a grill, just need to know where, LOL. Should be a fun time until hawk fans start spouting off.

[/b][/quote]

How about listing some banners for ESPN. Here&#39;s mine...

EIU

Stumbles

Perenially to their

Neighbors to the west.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 9
    that settles it...my crew is going straight from the bars to tailgating. I don&#39;t give a damn if the people of Iowa City don&#39;t like hearing a bunch of drunk Cyclone fans tailgating at 2AM, but they&#39;ll just have to deal with it. By the way, me and some guys are thinking of bringing our ISU flag into Kinnick (if thats allowed) and planting it at the 50 yard line of Kinnick post game if we win. I think that would make sports center.

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Legend
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176
    Given: 63
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Al_4_State &#064; Jun 15 2006, 08&#58;05 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> that settles it...my crew is going straight from the bars to tailgating. I don&#39;t give a damn if the people of Iowa City don&#39;t like hearing a bunch of drunk Cyclone fans tailgating at 2AM, but they&#39;ll just have to deal with it. By the way, me and some guys are thinking of bringing our ISU flag into Kinnick (if thats allowed) and planting it at the 50 yard line of Kinnick post game if we win. I think that would make sports center.
    [/b][/quote]

After 2003, when the Hawks fans rushed the field of Jack Trice after finally beating us for the first time in 6 years, I think it would be halarious if you planted that thing of the 50 of Kinnick, but its still gonna be a tough game&#33;

Pro
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Al_4_State &#064; Jun 15 2006, 08&#58;05 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> that settles it...my crew is going straight from the bars to tailgating. I don&#39;t give a damn if the people of Iowa City don&#39;t like hearing a bunch of drunk Cyclone fans tailgating at 2AM, but they&#39;ll just have to deal with it. By the way, me and some guys are thinking of bringing our ISU flag into Kinnick (if thats allowed) and planting it at the 50 yard line of Kinnick post game if we win. I think that would make sports center. [/b][/quote]

They won&#39;t let you bring a flag into the stadium if it has a metal pole. That doesn&#39;t mean you can&#39;t get it in, of course. There are two answers. 1) Hopefully the pole is collapsible. You can break it down into a number of pieces and have someone outside the fence meet you at the fence and hand a piece through, which you quickly stash in a backpack. There will be cops EVERYWHERE, so it&#39;ll have to be quick so they don&#39;t see, but 2 or 3 passes like that and you&#39;ll have the pole in your bag. 2) Two of my friends are the two guys that dress up in insane homemade costumes for every football and basketball game. (They&#39;re on the jumbotrons and the TV cameras a lot, so you&#39;ve probably seen them.) They were able to get a makeshift pole inside Hilton in the form of thin wooden dowels. You can tape them inside of a backpack on the back panel, or put them in someone&#39;s pants leg, and then pull out a piece of duct tape that you&#39;ve ripped off a roll before entering the gate, and tape the dowels together inside the stadium. This won&#39;t get the flag as high, but I don&#39;t know how high you want it.

I don&#39;t know if it&#39;s worth all that trouble, but if you really want to do it that badly, those are the best two options. Beware, though. Try to look up Kinnick&#39;s security details about what you can bring inside. They may not allow backpacks or other bags for the ISU game; they&#39;ve forbidden them at some of the bigger games in the last few years.

True and Valiant

I also remember a game with Kansas when Cy (wore a huge suit then) went out to center field, squatted, and "pooped" a couple of chickens that had been dyed blue then chased them around.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJK15

God I hope so, even if it's not the right thing to do, KF needs to do it.
    Victory before honor.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 9
    thanks for the suggestions guys. that sounds like alot of work though, so im thinking if we win, I&#39;ll just rip the flag away from the band or something like that. Getting a flag pole in is going to cut into prime tailgating. I&#39;m not stepping foot into a hell hole like Kinnick sober. I&#39;ll just have to work on an obnoxious sign.

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Rookie
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 611
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 3
    Most of the time the reason we dislike Hawkeye fans or Husker fans is because of their obnoxious behavior. I hope ISU fans will be more civilized than what some of their fans display. The fans that are remembered are the ones that make fools of themselves and are not mature enough to enjoy victory instead of rubbing it in to the team we just defeated.

Try watching a game sober for once. You might enjoy it.