Addict Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Kansas City Chiefs

http://www.chiefswarpath.com/cgi-bin...&id=1166538060

Everythign that Johnson states I agree with.

Nothing upsets me more then a coach lying to the players, fans, and media. At the beginning of the season I was furious about Edwards coming to Kansas City to be the Headcoach. I knew that Peterson had somethign to do with it since they are buddies. I even went as far as to state a 7-9 season. worst a 6-10 season. guess I was right....almost. Why do we have to deal with mediocracy all the time. We had the oppertunity to be 12-4 and with Herm "The Terminator of Programs" coming in it was to losing cause. Now the Jets are 8-6 and we as Chiefs fans get a proven loser. Come on Peterson - get a coach with your brain not your heart.

All-Star
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 43

Re: Kansas City Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by Dave19642006 View Post
    http://www.chiefswarpath.com/cgi-bin...&id=1166538060

Everythign that Johnson states I agree with.

Nothing upsets me more then a coach lying to the players, fans, and media. At the beginning of the season I was furious about Edwards coming to Kansas City to be the Headcoach. I knew that Peterson had somethign to do with it since they are buddies. I even went as far as to state a 7-9 season. worst a 6-10 season. guess I was right....almost. Why do we have to deal with mediocracy all the time. We had the oppertunity to be 12-4 and with Herm "The Terminator of Programs" coming in it was to losing cause. Now the Jets are 8-6 and we as Chiefs fans get a proven loser. Come on Peterson - get a coach with your brain not your heart.
    I agree with most of your statements, but please remember that most people did not see the Chiefs as any better than a .500 team. Their line was getting old, defense was suspect, and they had a 38 year old quarterback. To actually still be in playoff contention (albeit just barely) with two games left is actually quite an accomplishment. Did you believe that they would be where they are now after Trent went down with his concussion in game 1?

Larry has an excellent point about the predictably of their offense. The Chiefs offense used to be good enough to dictate to the defenses, but hose days are gone. The coach needs to adapt to the players that he has. One of my biggest frustrations with the Chiefs is their inability to make adjustments in play calling once the game has started. Herm has made this offense too conservative.

Chiefs need to begin a major rebuilding effort on their offense as most of their players are well into their thirties.

All that being said, let's go out and BEAT THE RAIDERS!!!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176
    Given: 208

The Chiefs never should have lost to Cleveland, yet the last 2 losses were expected. Baltimore and San Diego just have better talent - period.

Seems to me a pair of turnovers hurt KC in that Browns game - a Green fumble coming in the 4th quarter. He threw a pick but I can't recall when that happened.

I like Larry, yet he's too quick to toss his coaches under the bus. He did it to Vermiel when he felt he wasn't seeing the field enough. Now that KC is losing, he's doing it to Herm. Complaining and using the media as his mouthpiece seems to be Larry's mantra. Not good.

I don't think Herm was the best choice for KC - I can relate to that.

However, players could be a little more supportive of their coaching staff these days.

Facebook Knows All
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 359
    Given: 150

I'm still asking myself why they replaced Huard with Green...

Then again, I probably would have been asking myself why they didn't if they had this record as well.

Mitch Holtus is on Cotlar on Friday mornings at 7:30 and said that the Chiefs always lose the important easy game each season...ie. the Browns this year. So it isn't all Herm's fault...maybe the players should take a little blame as well.

Addict Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

"However, players could be a little more supportive of their coaching staff these days."

You have to believe in a coach and I believe that Herm has lost that.

When you state that there is no QB controversy and throw basically a game to get Trent back in the saddle is insane. Any player knows that when you are 3-15 you do not do a back pass/ run up the middle/ short 5 yard dump pass. damon had the offense clicking , he would have won his last start if not for As we all know conservative play. What ever happened to the "We play to win the game" attitude?

As for what ABCGUYKS states "Did you believe that they would be where they are now after Trent went down with his concussion in game 1"?-No I did not.

I did expect though for Damon to at least plays till he realistically struggles-not till when the coaching staff makes him struggle. Tony even had plays whe Damon was in-Where has tony been since? Might as well be knitting on the sideline.

Sorry for ranting just so upset over what I already knew was going to happen. I just did not expect it to be true.

At least I have the CUBS to look forward too-till we get eliminated from the playoffs the second game of the season...

Addict
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 7

What I don't get is how they FINALLY get a decent defense assembled but it's about 2 years too late. The last 2-3 seasons the Chiefs have had one of the best offenses in the NFL but never could stop anyone (remember the Colts playoff game a few years back where neither team punted the ball the whole game?) Now that the defense can be decent they now can't score because the O-Line is banged up and old plus losing Roaf to retirement was a big blow. Plus they've never had a go-to WR lately and rely on speedy undersized guys like Hall and Parker.

They are going to have to focus on improving the offense this offseason after finally patching up the holes on defense.

Addict Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by travman23 View Post
    What I don't get is how they FINALLY get a decent defense assembled but it's about 2 years too late. The last 2-3 seasons the Chiefs have had one of the best offenses in the NFL but never could stop anyone (remember the Colts playoff game a few years back where neither team punted the ball the whole game?) Now that the defense can be decent they now can't score because the O-Line is banged up and old plus losing Roaf to retirement was a big blow. Plus they've never had a go-to WR lately and rely on speedy undersized guys like Hall and Parker.

They are going to have to focus on improving the offense this offseason after finally patching up the holes on defense.

Thats is true-Edwards is a good defense coach and should stick to that-as for a head coach, no way.

They had he oppertunity to get Branch and passed him up. Maybe some stud recievers will be the in the 15-18 pick (sarcasim). It seems that is where we will always pick from. For the offense-Shields will most likely hang it up-then we have Jordan Black-wow thats a savior. I just hope that we can pick up some players like you stated for the offensive line. I still was not to keen on Croyle as a future. The bad thing is on drafting we will never know. as for QB we never had any luck, wide recievers the same. I cannot think of a 1st rd draft pick that turned out great for the Chiefs in the recieving corp except for Tony and he is a tight end.