Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 88
  1. #1
    Just Win Baby
    Points: 299,761, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clones85''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,339
    Points
    299,761
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2

    Iowa Fans were calling for Ferentz head..

    after all the arrests, after the investigation, and after he started the year 3-3. Now they don't want him to leave.

    Do you think Ferentz was hurt/upset about all the negativity that was thrown in his direction? Do you think it is more likely he will leave because of it?



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 110,718, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUKyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    9,998
    Points
    110,718
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 236
    Given: 663

    Re: Iowa Fans were calling for Ferentz head..

    For the amount of time he has been at Iowa I think he has learned to block it all out fairly well by now.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 440,047, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,986
    Points
    440,047
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 248
    Given: 30

    Re: Iowa Fans were calling for Ferentz head..

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    after all the arrests, after the investigation, and after he started the year 3-3. Now they don't want him to leave.

    Do you think Ferentz was hurt/upset about all the negativity that was thrown in his direction? Do you think it is more likely he will leave because of it?
    Nope. He's got 3,000,000+ reasons not to.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 95,319, Level: 96
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,731
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYdTracked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,698
    Points
    95,319
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 8

    Re: Iowa Fans were calling for Ferentz head..

    Keeler wrote in the Rag today that he deserves a lifetime contract. Amazing what a few wins will do to change the public's perspective. When they were piling up a long rap sheet and choking away games against teams they should beat the sky was falling but now everyone is on cloud 9.


    Go Cubs Go!

  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 170,770, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    SplitIdentity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    8,187
    Points
    170,770
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 21

    Re: Iowa Fans were calling for Ferentz head..

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    after all the arrests, after the investigation, and after he started the year 3-3. Now they don't want him to leave.

    Do you think Ferentz was hurt/upset about all the negativity that was thrown in his direction? Do you think it is more likely he will leave because of it?
    Prove it. I remember VERY few fans calling for KF's heads - similar to the number of fans that were calling for McDermott's at the beginning of the season (not after the SDSU loss).

    If Ferentz leaves, it's not because of fan pressure.


    The artist formerly known as SouthernHawk

  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 184,837, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,506
    Points
    184,837
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 224
    Given: 530

    Re: Iowa Fans were calling for Ferentz head..

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernHawk View Post
    Prove it. I remember VERY few fans calling for KF's heads - similar to the number of fans that were calling for McDermott's at the beginning of the season (not after the SDSU loss).

    If Ferentz leaves, it's not because of fan pressure.

    Very true. He might leave because he realized what the ceiling is for Iowa football.



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 64,522, Level: 78
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 328
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonesrule91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Waukee
    Posts
    4,953
    Points
    64,522
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 134

    Re: Iowa Fans were calling for Ferentz head..

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernHawk View Post
    If Ferentz leaves, it's not because of fan pressure.
    Correct, it will be because of more maturity and intelligence on his part...........

    Sorry, you laid it out there..



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 170,770, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    SplitIdentity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    8,187
    Points
    170,770
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 21

    Re: Iowa Fans were calling for Ferentz head..

    Quote Originally Posted by ajk4st8 View Post
    Very true. He might leave because he realized what the ceiling is for Iowa football.
    11-2 and an Orange Bowl bid is a pretty high ceiling. I'm sure he could break through it though :)


    The artist formerly known as SouthernHawk

  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 146,976, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cybsball20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    12,718
    Points
    146,976
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 34

    Re: Iowa Fans were calling for Ferentz head..

    Quote Originally Posted by ajk4st8 View Post
    Very true. He might leave because he realized what the ceiling is for Iowa football.
    This was the easiest the schedule has been and probably will get for a while. If there is a good time to leave it would be right now...



    Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

    Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

    and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno

  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 184,837, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,506
    Points
    184,837
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 224
    Given: 530

    Re: Iowa Fans were calling for Ferentz head..

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernHawk View Post
    11-2 and an Orange Bowl bid is a pretty high ceiling. I'm sure he could break through it though :)
    Exactly. He might realize he has nothing more to accomplish there.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 95,319, Level: 96
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,731
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYdTracked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,698
    Points
    95,319
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 8

    Re: Iowa Fans were calling for Ferentz head..

    I know the job security in the NFL is not great but if Ferentz were to leave for an NFL or even another college job now would be the time to strike while the iron is hot. He's another player-related mess/scandal and 6-6 season away from going through the mess he just went through last summer.


    Go Cubs Go!

  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 82,935, Level: 89
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 815
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ripvdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sk-Ankeny
    Posts
    6,868
    Points
    82,935
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 215

    Re: Iowa Fans were calling for Ferentz head..

    Mich and OSU are back on the schedule next year, as well as a road game at ISU. Thats a lot harder schedule,


    #BEATIOWA

  13. #13
    Starter
    Points: 42,468, Level: 63
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 482
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Balrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    690
    Points
    42,468
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 14

    Re: Iowa Fans were calling for Ferentz head..

    Quote Originally Posted by IcSyU View Post
    Nope. He's got 3,000,000+ reasons not to.
    You are right IcSyU.
    To take your point a bit further............... if you use the 3 million dollar figure, Ferentz was paid $231,000.00 per game this season.

    That is $8,200.00 per day for the year 2008.

    Is anyone worth that kind of money?
    I, for one, think it is ludicrous.

    He, Ferentz, should donate some of his coin to CycloneFanatic to pay for the privilege of SouthernHawk posting here.


    Last edited by Balrog; 01-02-2009 at 08:13 PM.
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
    J.R.R. Tolkien

  14. #14
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 6,556, Level: 24
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 494
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    FlashGordon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    295
    Points
    6,556
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Iowa Fans were calling for Ferentz head..

    1) If I recall, it was more media pressure than fan pressure on Ferentz going into the year. Most Hawk fans I know still loved the dude.

    2) Does anyone really think he's the Browns' number one choice and will leave? I mean, I know they're the Browns, but they've got to have a better option than that.



    What do you mean, "Flash Gordon approaching"?

    My Policy:
    No stone throwing regardless of housing situation.*

  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 25,991, Level: 49
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 559
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,039
    Points
    25,991
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 20

    Re: Iowa Fans were calling for Ferentz head..

    I'm sure people will come out and call it sour grapes or jealousy, but I am 100% serious when I say that I would rather go 2-10 and have a clean program than be in Iowa's shoes. From what I'm hearing from a lot of Hawk fans, no problem is too big to be forgotten with a few wins. Unbelievable.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports Net
  • BASKETBALL: Iowa State vs. Alabama
  • November 24, 2014
  • 08:30 PM