Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 239
    Given: 411

Reasons you became Hawk-haters (long)...

I was at the Bradley-ISU game yesterday and near me were a couple of bozos rooting for Bradley. The reason I call them bozos is because they were wearing Hawkeye apparel. I made some comment to my buddies that it was a sad state of affairs at EIU when their fans have to show up at an in-state rival's game and root for the rival's enemy in order to make them feel better. Anyway, this incident made me think back to why I became a Hawk-hater!
    I admit, ashamedly, that I used to back both teams growing up (I still pulled for ISU in head-to-head match-ups). When my older brother went to ISU, my cousins started in with their SMACK! Anytime ISU won, it was because we were lucky, or because the Hawk's star was injured, or some other excuse. To them, it was never because we were the better team. Whenever EIU won, they were merciless and downright poor winners. And it only got worse when I went to ISU during the "Walden" years.
    This year, I received a Christmas photo-card from one of these cousins. I hadn't received a card from him in the last 6 or 7 years, but this year's photo was of him and his family all decked out in Hawkeye garb! The funniest thing about this -- he does NOT (nor any of the other cousins I alluded to) have a diploma from the University of Iowa!!
    I was just curious as to the reasons some of you have come to HATE the Hawks!

Utah Utes, Illinois Illini. The University of Pennsylvania thought about following this pattern by calling themselves the Pennsylvania Pencils. However, they were afraid their students would start chanting "We're No. 2"

Pro
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 204
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 253
    Given: 94

Re: Reasons you became Hawk-haters (long)...

For all of the same reasons you hate them.

Until the media recognizes that there are two major-conference DI teams in this state instead of just one in Iowa City, I will always, always hate Iowa and I refuse to pull for them in ANYTHING.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 433
    Given: 275

Um...I've witnessed and heard about ISU fans at Hawkeye events - rooting for whomever Iowa was playing.

Also, at the bar last night when I was watching the Cowboys game - at the same time Iowa was facing Drake. A number of patrons wearing ISU apparel - guess what basketball team they were rooting for?

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 319
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 137

The Hawks (and their lice infested, low income pimple on the *** of life's fanbase for that matter) are proof that the indians had their way with the buffalo(or vice versa) long ago. If you took their brains collectively and put it on a razor blade, it would look like a BB rolling down an 8 lane highway.

I have been a Hawk hater ever since I was a kid, mostly because of Hayden FrenchFrie and that drunk worthless sports announcer Zabel. Cocky ruthless non objective head stuck up their arse Pukes that take every step they can to make their worthless program look like hot S#*T on a gold platter when all they will ever be are cold turds on paper plates. Of course they always try and make themselves look great by putting everyone else down which is the biggest reason I don't like them one bit. When we(ISU) are bad, we can admit it and build on it, when their bad, well then everyone else is worse.

I tried rooting for both teams when my kids were born to be a good example, but other Fry and Zipperhead wannabbee's took that away in about 6 months. I do have some friends who follow the Pukes but are objectionable and pretty much do not care for the fanbase I talk about, which are the ones I wouldn't pee on if they were on fire.

I root for UNI and Drake and love it this year when they are doing great. Hawk employees made McDonalds what it is today. I hated them before they were beating us in the 80's so the worthless Pukes can't use the excuse that I am envious of their success.

Like I said above, Hawk players, coaches and fans are the ultimate wart on the *** of life and I would like nothing more then to be their Compound W.

Man, if I didn't know myself and read this, I would think the guy has issues......ha

Addict
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 133
    Given: 250

Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    Um...I've witnessed and heard about ISU fans at Hawkeye events - rooting for whomever Iowa was playing.

Also, at the bar last night when I was watching the Cowboys game - at the same time Iowa was facing Drake. A number of patrons wearing ISU apparel - guess what basketball team they were rooting for?
    Yeah, we do it too, but I think the thing that sticks out about this specific instance, is that these guys BOUGHT A TICKET, and attended a game in which they haven't a real interest in (positive interest anyway). Those at the bar may have been there for other reasons, and happened to see EIU losing. Maybe also, Drake is their 2nd favorite in-state team. Bottom line, buying a ticket to ROOT AGAINST, and not necessarily FOR someone is pretty pathetic... by any fans of any team. That's a lot of energy and trouble to be negative...

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I've witnessed and heard about ISU fans at Hawkeye events - rooting for whomever Iowa was playing.
    Like I said, I've witnessed and heard plenty of stories of Cyclone fans buying tickets to an Iowa game and rooting against Iowa.

The silly behavior takes place on both sides.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by madcityCY View Post
    Bottom line, buying a ticket to ROOT AGAINST, and not necessarily FOR someone is pretty pathetic... by any fans of any team. That's a lot of energy and trouble to be negative...
    see above

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

see above
    I know...yet this comment didn't seem to recognize my point...

Yeah, we do it too, but I think the thing that sticks out about this specific instance, is that these guys BOUGHT A TICKET, and attended a game in which they haven't a real interest in (positive interest anyway). Those at the bar may have been there for other reasons, and happened to see EIU losing.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 134
    Given: 123

Yeah, we do it too, but I think the thing that sticks out about this specific instance, is that these guys BOUGHT A TICKET, and attended a game in which they haven't a real interest in (positive interest anyway). Those at the bar may have been there for other reasons, and happened to see EIU losing. Maybe also, Drake is their 2nd favorite in-state team. Bottom line, buying a ticket to ROOT AGAINST, and not necessarily FOR someone is pretty pathetic... by any fans of any team. That's a lot of energy and trouble to be negative...
    Just to toss this in....Wells Fargo gave away quite a few tickets to the game to its employees. Those guys may have just gotten free tickets and figured they had nothing better to do than to come down and heckle the Clones.

Pro
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 0

Like I said, I've witnessed and heard plenty of stories of Cyclone fans buying tickets to an Iowa game and rooting against Iowa.

Maybe it does, but it is obviously much more serious and immature when they do it to us.

--Luck of the Cyrish--

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I suppose my previous post might contradict itself a little, but again not really. It is the specific situation brought up by kentkel...

I thought this thread was supposed to be about hating the hawks?... if we're going to give credit (due or undue) then im done hating within this thread... I will hate elsewhere...

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I suppose my previous post might contradict itself a little, but again not really. It is the specific situation brought up by kentkel...

I thought this thread was supposed to be about hating the hawks?... if we're going to give credit (due or undue) then im done hating within this thread... I will hate elsewhere...
    No Pukeye deserves credit. Stay here man, It don't take me much to bash them so come join me....

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

This silly behavior might take place on both sides, but they take it to new lows and are quite loud and arrogant about it. I will root for whoever is playing EIU and if someone don't like it, they can let the door hit em where the good Lord split em. I really could SHive a Git if they like it or not

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by mike4cy View Post
    Maybe it does, but it is obviously much more serious and immature when they do it to us.
    That does seem to be the case...

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

ISUFan22 why so mature? Please join us in the hating! Surely you've had a bad experience or two?