Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 966
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 14

Language usage has always intrigued me ......

which probably explains why I am such a fan of J.R.R. Tolkien. I have always had an interest in why people choose the words that they do, to express themselves.
    Tonight, I overheard a conversation at the local QuickTrip, and the "expression" "I got chizzed at the tables tonight" was used to, (I assume), describe his luck at blackjack during his recent visit to Prairie Meadows. I don't imagine it will be part of any lexicon other than Cyclone Nation, but I had to chuckle a bit, because the guy had a Hawk shirt on. It was odd to finally hear the "word" verbalized, and not just seen, written in a post.
    Also, Marty Turrel (SP?) has made a big deal over his use of the words six, two, and even. He has named his web site the same, and has said over and over again that he won't tell anyone what it means. I believe it is an expression used in the movie The Maltese Falcon, when Humphrey Boghart's character Samuel Spade uses those three words to describe an end to a character in the film. What does it mean? I don't know. Who cares? Probably no one but Marty.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 494
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Language usage has always intrigued me ......

Six Two & Even? - Yahoo! Answers

Everything I've read about this Marty fellow stats he's all about build up to something that's not what it's supposed to be. So it makes sense he would quote one of the most famous movies centering on a gigantic macguffin.

What do you mean, "Flash Gordon approaching"?

My Policy:
    No stone throwing regardless of housing situation.*