Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 154
    Given: 48

Brought a tear to my eye

Watched the Lafester game tonight. During the annoucing of the starting lineups, the first ISU player called was Jeff Grayer. Nothing happened. My son asked me why he wasn't running out and I didn't know even though I was at that game in 1987. Must have been about 30 seconds later, they announce Jeff Grayer again and he trots out.

After watching the game, we watched the coaches' comments, and Jim Hallihan said Hilton was so loud BEFORE the game, the team couldn't hear the names being called.

I miss you Hilton Magic.

Pro
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 183
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 102
    Given: 149

Re: Brought a tear to my eye

My folks got the the "100 Years of Cyclone Basketball" DVD for Christmas. It was fun to watch, except for the last 10 minutes

Pro
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 154
    Given: 48

Quote Originally Posted by besserheimerphat View Post
    My folks got the the "100 Years of Cyclone Basketball" DVD for Christmas. It was fun to watch, except for the last 10 minutes
    Yeah, I have that one, too, and I've had it in the player a lot this season.

All-Star
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 442
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 8

i miss hilton magic too.... i know im only 19 years old, but after finally becoming a student now and attending all the home games so far, It is truly a disappointment.

While i post this i'll just share my favorite "magic" moment.

The Date: February 14, 2004
    Opponent: Texas Longhorns.
    Situation: Brian Boddicker, an 81% free throw shooter heads to the line to shoot 2 free throws with 5.3 seconds left on the game clock.

If Boddicker makes even one of those free throws, we go to overtime and probably don't come out on top. But the story goes was that it was so loud when he was shooting those free throws, that the floor was LITERALLY SHAKING!!! when an 81% free throw shooter goes to the line to shoot 2, and MISSES 2! that is the work of the crowd my friends.

Here's a few quotes from that game from cyclones.com:

"I would like to have (seen) the decibel level when Boddicker was shooting those free throws," Coach Wayne Morgan said. "It was loud."

"Our crowd in our big games here - Xavier, Iowa, this game, Missouri - basically comes out of the stands and comes on the floor and breathes more energy into our guys," Iowa State coach Wayne Morgan.

"I've never had the feeling before," said Iowa State freshman Curtis Stinson, who had 18 points and 10 assists. "It felt real good."

In retrospect this year the same situation presented its self. THE DRAKE GAME!
    Drake had a player at the line shooting 2 to take the lead with abotu (i think) 20 seconds left. and everyone except the student section was sitting down and acting like we had already lost. some people actually had started heading for the door. needless to say the dude made both free throws and we lsot. Hilton magic is officially dead my friends.

I want to believe that this might change when the conference schedule comes around but i really don't see this happening. But i guess the point of this post was jsut to say that as a little tike seeing hilton magic was truly awesome, and to actually attend the school now and see that it left before i got to be "officially" apart of it, was very disheartening.

As always go cyclones, and if your looking for some crowd help, i wouldn't count on the fans.

P.S. i know im preaching to the choir btw. i know pretty much everyone on CF are the few people standing till the very end.

Walk On
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 378
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by cyman1189 View Post
    i miss hilton magic too.... i know im only 19 years old, but after finally becoming a student now and attending all the home games so far, It is truly a disappointment.

While i post this i'll just share my favorite "magic" moment.

The Date: February 14, 2004
    Opponent: Texas Longhorns.
    Situation: Brian Boddicker, an 81% free throw shooter heads to the line to shoot 2 free throws with 5.3 seconds left on the game clock.

If Boddicker makes even one of those free throws, we go to overtime and probably don't come out on top. But the story goes was that it was so loud when he was shooting those free throws, that the floor was LITERALLY SHAKING!!! when an 81% free throw shooter goes to the line to shoot 2, and MISSES 2! that is the work of the crowd my friends.

Here's a few quotes from that game from cyclones.com:

"I would like to have (seen) the decibel level when Boddicker was shooting those free throws," Coach Wayne Morgan said. "It was loud."

"Our crowd in our big games here - Xavier, Iowa, this game, Missouri - basically comes out of the stands and comes on the floor and breathes more energy into our guys," Iowa State coach Wayne Morgan.

"I've never had the feeling before," said Iowa State freshman Curtis Stinson, who had 18 points and 10 assists. "It felt real good."

In retrospect this year the same situation presented its self. THE DRAKE GAME!
    Drake had a player at the line shooting 2 to take the lead with abotu (i think) 20 seconds left. and everyone except the student section was sitting down and acting like we had already lost. some people actually had started heading for the door. needless to say the dude made both free throws and we lsot. Hilton magic is officially dead my friends.

I want to believe that this might change when the conference schedule comes around but i really don't see this happening. But i guess the point of this post was jsut to say that as a little tike seeing hilton magic was truly awesome, and to actually attend the school now and see that it left before i got to be "officially" apart of it, was very disheartening.

As always go cyclones, and if your looking for some crowd help, i wouldn't count on the fans.

P.S. i know im preaching to the choir btw. i know pretty much everyone on CF are the few people standing till the very end.
    could not agree more. that was the loudest i have ever heard it reach. it was incredable. you could not talk to the person next to you it was so loud. that was hilton magic coming alive, and it has never came back.

Cyclone Football

It's the start of something big.

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cyclones357 View Post
    could not agree more. that was the loudest i have ever heard it reach. it was incredable. you could not talk to the person next to you it was so loud. that was hilton magic coming alive, and it has never came back.
    it was like it got so loud that it collapsed in on itself like a neutron star!

i had a few friends that went as texas fans and said that it was insane how crazy it was in there

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 156
    Given: 24

We gotta get the 5 minds on the floor believing in it...then the guys on the bench...and it'll slowly spread until there are 14,000+ on their feet...

We're one big win away from the magic resurrecting

Addict
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,799
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 200
    Given: 970

the loudest i've ever heard Hilton was in 91-92 vs Ok St. we came back from like 18 down and Thigpen had a monster second half. as he said after the game, "I was in rhythm tonight." Darwyn Alexander, their pt guard was about an 85% ft shooter and missed 2 with about 4 seconds left. Hoiberg said the floor was shaking then. we won by 1.

Are you a member?

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by IcSyU View Post

We're one big win away from the magic resurrecting
    inspite of what i did say, i believe in this as well. i think we just need one HUUUUGE upset this year to wake up this sleeping monster.

kinda like how the football team need about 3 years in a row with bowl games and our fanbase will also explode for that.

Pro
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cyclones357 View Post

Texas last year was loud... Def not loud as that one... Fans come out pumped when we play big opponents. If we can knock one or two off, it would get hectic in there again.....

Instead of crying about the good 'ol days, lets do something about the current situation. I miss the stadium being all rocking, but it's on us to bring it hardcore at these games. If everyone sits around crying about a lack of Hilton Magic and doesn't actually do anything about it, then it will never change.

I don't drink the Kool-Aid, and I am done making excuses. Only keeping it real...

Thumbs Up

Something needs to be done. It was amazing.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

inspite of what i did say, i believe in this as well. i think we just need one HUUUUGE upset this year to wake up this sleeping monster.

kinda like how the football team need about 3 years in a row with bowl games and our fanbase will also explode for that.
    Just putting someone away would do wonders for this team. Doesn't even have to be a last second comeback effort to beat a great team. Just knocking a great team down, and then kicking them while they're down and the roof will come off Hilton (again)

Addict
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

MAKE SOME NOISE ON MONDAY, TUESDAY, AND WEDNESDAY.

Show everyone that you are a Cyclone Fanatic and finish the nc perfect.

It starts with us!!!

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by mplscyclone View Post
    Texas last year was loud... Def not loud as that one... Fans come out pumped when we play big opponents. If we can knock one or two off, it would get hectic in there again.....

Instead of crying about the good 'ol days, lets do something about the current situation. I miss the stadium being all rocking, but it's on us to bring it hardcore at these games. If everyone sits around crying about a lack of Hilton Magic and doesn't actually do anything about it, then it will never change.
    Im in Cyclone alley everygame so, i'm just saying we might be the only LARGE group keeping whatever is still left of hilton magic alive. but anytime anyone wants some i'll give it to ya for free! Just send me rep points haha

Speechless
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

hilton magic alive.
    It's alive...may be in hiding...but it's ohhhhh so alive

I look forward to the day the beast known as the Hilton Magic returns. It could very well be of epic proportions.