Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Starter Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Hubalek will not play more than 10 min/game next year!

Does anyone else agree? I cannot stand to watch Jiri play most of the time. He absolutely cannot grab the ball, and plays poor post defense most of the time. With Thompson and Brackins on the way, I don't see Jiri seeing the floor much next year.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,708
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 18

Re: Hubalek will not play more than 10 min/game next year!

The less Jiri we see, the better. Jiri has issues on boths sides of the floor and cannot even hang onto a rebound. I say more C. Johnson!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 334
    Given: 265

see errors by all three. We still cannot do an entry pass. Who do we pass to?

Well, onto Ohio State to take our drubbing. They smashed Cincinnati, ex Huggins, pretty bad today.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

He was definitely weak today!

Chizik.jpg

Addict
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 181
    Given: 58

I have been disappointed with Jiri so far this season. I thought last year he showed nice touch on the ball and as much potential as anybody we had to play down low.

This season he really hasn't toughened up at all, and seems very content to play outside. We really need him to give us a quality threat down low, but I just don't think its going to happen.

Pro
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 250
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6

Jiri shouldn't be playing 10 mins THIS year.

--Luck of the Cyrish--

Starter
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 293
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

I agree with everyone here about Jiri. He really needs to cut down on his shots. I don't mind him shooting maybe 1 or 2 three's a game though but he needs to play down low more and establish a low post for ISU. Also why is everyone thinking so highly on a transfer that couldn't even get quality minutes at Iowa and not even average 2 ppg there to be a big deal here? I think everyone has too high expectations for this guy to come in and be a stud. I'm sure he'll get some minutes next year but I wouldn't expect more than 5ppg and a couple rpg from him next year.

Pro
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 576
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by aeroclone View Post
    I have been disappointed with Jiri so far this season. I thought last year he showed nice touch on the ball and as much potential as anybody we had to play down low.

This season he really hasn't toughened up at all, and seems very content to play outside. We really need him to give us a quality threat down low, but I just don't think its going to happen.
    I agree with you completely. He hasn't shown any improvement at all under Coach G-Mac, and that's disappointing.

Just like last year, ISU is badly in need of toughness. Our toughest guy from last season (Stinson) is gone. Maybe Cory Johnson can be that guy? We need more guys who aren't afraid to take a charge. As soon as an opposing guard flies down the lane, our guys seem to part the lane like the red sea. Mike Taylor did that at least 2-3 times today against Bradley.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 950
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 21

the way i see, by next year the players will know McD's system and all should improve, and we all know what coach can do to big men, with that said tho, jiri needs to keep the right attitude along with the rest of the players, and honestly, i think it is kinda sad how alot of ppl have been bringing down players the way they have been, we all knew this was going to be a rebuilding year, so i think every 1, including me because i know im not perfect, needs to stop criticizing, yes you can point out some of the things they need to work on, but ppl need to start looking at the positives

Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

Starter
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 1

It Would Surprise Me if Jiri is Back

I goota believe that G-Mac projects Alex Thompson as more than role player on next years team. Look who we have coming back in the post: Hubalek, Marsden, C. Johnson & W. Johnson. Is there even an average Big 12 post player among that group?

Wesley's the best player, but unless he puts on 25lbs he'd get tossed around in Big 12 play. Plus long term Wesley is a SF.

Cory could project as a post player, but he is undersized and I'm just not sure he is more than a 15-20 mpg player.

Marsden has the size, but has yet to show a mean streak and his footwork seems suspect.

Jiri just seems lost on the court and it appears that he doesn't want to listen to G-Mac. Some of the looks G-Mac gave Jiri yesterday could melt ice bergs and Jiri just seemed to ignore G-Mac. Jiri's 24 years old, so unless he's playing big minutes- he might figure it's time to move on.

That basically leaves Brackins & Thompson as ISU's starters in the post and I'd prefer we didn't have to rely on Brackins next season. Taggart was a pretty highly rated post player and we all know how well he was prepared to play 30mpg as a frosh.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 950
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 21

Re: It Would Surprise Me if Jiri is Back

Quote Originally Posted by isucy86 View Post
    That basically leaves Brackins & Thompson as ISU's starters in the post and I'd prefer we didn't have to rely on Brackins next season. Taggart was a pretty highly rated post player and we all know how well he was prepared to play 30mpg as a frosh.
    tags was really sick at the beginging of the year and never got into condition for the season, im not tryin to get him outof anything, but just somthing to remember

Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

Rookie
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 359
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 13

I think Thompson will surprise people next year if he adds some muscle (which I think he already has). I don't see him winning Big 12 honors but I think he could add some consistency to the post position. If Brackins clears academically for next year, I think both he and Thompson possibly start. I wonder what that would do to Johnson and Clark. I can't see Wesly coming off the bench. He is our best player right now.

All-Star
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Jiri is a guy who needs a good *** kickin', and if he doesn't respond, then he's not worth it. He shows no emotion, no competitiveness, and he's weak with the basketball.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,079
    Given: 574

Quote Originally Posted by StLouisClone View Post
    I agree with you completely. He hasn't shown any improvement at all under Coach G-Mac, and that's disappointing.
    I think it is a little early to worry about how much improvement he has shown under GMAC. It's a new system with mostly new players, and he is only in his second Div I year, with a second system to learn. He may never develop into anything more than a role player. I would like to see him stay down low and learn to play there.

Rookie
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 609
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

the team chemistry is off right now with Jiri on the court...I want everyone that goes to the games...to watch the body language of Jiri when he is walking off the court, when he is pulled out of the game, and when he does something to **** of coach Mac. He acts like a child 100% of the time, and is not the type of B-Ball player that Mac likes. I will make a prediction that after Jiri, we will never have such a terrible basketball talent for how tall he is. After Saturday I decided that I do not want Jiri on the court anymore...we may lose 10 more games, because of it, but we need Corey Johnson and Wes Johnson to get as much PT as possible this year. No more Jiri!!