Why I'm optimistic about next year....
It's easy to be overly optimistic about next year for football, and I don't expect to win the Big 12, BUT there are several reasons to be optimistic about next year
1. I believe Chizik will play to blow out the non-conference opponents. In the past, ISU has not played to run up the score, and we've barely beat teams we should have whipped. Big wins build confidence, something we sorely lacked last year.
2. Players will work harder than ever in the off season...they have something to prove to themselves and their new coach
3. Fan support will be super..fans don't win game, but they sure can help
4. Some new recruits will pump up current ISU players. Nothing like competition for positions. No assumed starters, I don't believe under Chizik
5. Continued "weak" Big 12 North will help..still not the quality of yesteryear.
Put it together, and there are certainly positives...Negative is the tough schedule again in the conference.
These are only my opinions...how do I know? I don't. But I feel pretty confident that we'll be proud of the Cyclones next year.
Re: Why I'm optimistic about next year....
Big wins also build depth.
Originally Posted by letsgostate