Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 311
    Given: 479

Interesting new article on Stoops

http://www.azstarnet.com/sports/272615

Dear Mr. Football: Is Stoops really considering an offer at Iowa State?
    A. If the vacant Iowa State job serves as a leverage ploy for Stoops, he would be amiss not to use it. Who wouldn't?
    But Iowa State has got to be the worst BCS-conference football job next to the ones at Wazzu, Vanderbilt and Duke. Livengood knows that. It doesn't mean Stoops shouldn't play it for all he can.
    But coaching at ISU would be a reconstruction job that would humble most men, or break them, and Stoops said Friday that he's out of the reconstruction business.
    "Start over? No thanks," he said. "I've already done that once or twice."

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 210
    Given: 137

Re: Interesting new article on Stoops

Quote Originally Posted by dmclone View Post
    The ISU job is way better than those jobs. Heck there are 2 AZ that are not on anyones hot list.

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Rookie
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Looks good to me, don't want him anyway.

I was Fulmer all the way, until the Patterson stuff at 2:00 in the morning.

My wish list 12/20:

1. Patterson
    2. Fulmer
    3. Jamie find a new job

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,079
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 338

These national GOOFBALLS .. I refuse to say pundits dont know jack-nuthing about ISU!!

How many of those other teams have went to 5 bowl games in 6 years????

Don't kid yourself boys and girls...the Iowa State Football Job is a very good one with facilities that are Division One and competitive in the big 12 north division...

These national GOOFBALLS makes my BOTOX tired...I am SICK & TIRED of being told how bad the ISU football job is compared to the top jobs in college football...

Well I have news for these birds...aTm is not as good as Texas...Okie State pales next to Okie U ...etc...U-could go on forever, but that does not make these coaching jobs BAD JOBS!!!

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 259
    Given: 696

Ok... ISU is definitely not one of the worst jobs in college football. It definitely is one of the toughest considering the level of competition that we face year in and year out in the BIG XII conference. Level of competition does not make a job a "bad" job. This writer's opinion just goes to show you what is wrong with society today. Since when does a challenging job make it a horrible job? Why does everything have to be easy these days to be widely accepted as a good thing?

I want a coach that isn't afraid of a challenge. Stoop's comments in this article just go to show you that he is definitely not our guy. I think a guy like Phil Fulmer would be a perfect fit for ISU. The guy has a tremendous record at a very good football school. He has accomplished alot during his coaching career at Tennessee such as financial security, winning several SEC titles, making the SEC title games I believe 6 times during his time there, and winning a National Championship. He has accomplished most if not all of his goals as a head coach. That being said I think a guy like him would love a chance to really solidify his legacy as a "great" coach. People can look at his career and say yeah he has a great record but he was set up for success because Tennessee is a football school. I think a guy like him would really enjoy the challenge that ISU presents. If he could come here and make significant upgrades in our on field performance his legacy would be all the better for it. He would be absolutely loved here at Iowa State which towards the end of his stay at Tennessee he was not.

Don't underestimate a coach's ego. If anything a job like ISU would drive a guy like this that has accomplished so much to work harder then he has ever worked before. He knows how to be successful and I think would be eager to take on a challenge that he has never had to face before... Maybe a guy like Fulmer would look at ISU like 1 goal that he has never had a chance to accomplish... and that is to take a program and make it a winner? Who knows...