Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Jamie Pollard

  1. #1
    Starter
    Points: 43,243, Level: 64
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,007
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Balrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    690
    Points
    43,243
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 16

    Jamie Pollard

    I know that Jamie is doing his job, and there will be some who will insist that he is doing what he is paid to do, and he is, ................ but, I wish there was something that we as Cyclone supporters could do, or as a board could do, to show Jamie our appreciation for the time that he has to spend away from his family right now. It is the Christmas season, and from what I understand, he has a youngster who is not doing well and has been in and out of the hospital. I don't know of his/her present condition, but this has to be very very tough on the Pollard family right now. He is doing all that he can to find us a new coach, but is away from his wife and children. Any ideas as to what we could do?



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 786,436, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    53,692
    Points
    786,436
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,404
    Given: 2,424

    Re: Jamie Pollard

    Support him when he's done. I think it's been mentioned that emails would only add to the burden, so I think that is what I would suggest. We've got a good man there.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 73,237, Level: 84
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,613
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    3,198
    Points
    73,237
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 385
    Given: 0

    Re: Jamie Pollard

    Quote Originally Posted by Balrog View Post
    I know that Jamie is doing his job, and there will be some who will insist that he is doing what he is paid to do, and he is, ................ but, I wish there was something that we as Cyclone supporters could do, or as a board could do, to show Jamie our appreciation for the time that he has to spend away from his family right now. It is the Christmas season, and from what I understand, he has a youngster who is not doing well and has been in and out of the hospital. I don't know of his/her present condition, but this has to be very very tough on the Pollard family right now. He is doing all that he can to find us a new coach, but is away from his wife and children. Any ideas as to what we could do?
    Send him a fat check payable to NCC...



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 100,403, Level: 98
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 647
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    everyyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,243
    Points
    100,403
    Level
    98
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 248
    Given: 300

    Re: Jamie Pollard

    Quote Originally Posted by SpokaneCY View Post
    Send him a fat check payable to NCC...
    exactly. and renew your season tickets or add more.



  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 65,168, Level: 79
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,282
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonesrule91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Waukee
    Posts
    4,982
    Points
    65,168
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 185

    Re: Jamie Pollard

    What is going on with his child?

    Totally agree with original post.
    Posted via Mobile Device



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 88,461, Level: 92
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 889
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson, Iowa
    Posts
    8,208
    Points
    88,461
    Level
    92
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 94

    Re: Jamie Pollard

    A personal hand written note is always a good idea.



  7. #7
    Starter
    Points: 43,243, Level: 64
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,007
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Balrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    690
    Points
    43,243
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 16

    Re: Jamie Pollard

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonesrule91 View Post
    What is going on with his child?

    Totally agree with original post.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    There are others that will be able to answer your question better than I, 91. I do know one of the reasons that Jamie took the job at ISU, was because of the childrens hospital in Des Moines.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 100,403, Level: 98
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 647
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    everyyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,243
    Points
    100,403
    Level
    98
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 248
    Given: 300

    Re: Jamie Pollard

    Quote Originally Posted by Balrog View Post
    There are others that will be able to answer your question better than I, 91. I do know one of the reasons that Jamie took the job at ISU, was because of the childrens hospital in Des Moines.
    except isn't he in iowa city?



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 517,368, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jdoggivjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    35,560
    Points
    517,368
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,216
    Given: 1,576

    Re: Jamie Pollard

    Keep spreading rumors of coaching candidates - as long as we keep having new "this will be our next head coach" rumors two or three times a day no one is likely going to catch on to JP's inner workings and his target isn't likely to get scared away


    Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.


  10. #10
    Starter
    Points: 43,243, Level: 64
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,007
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Balrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    690
    Points
    43,243
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 16

    Re: Jamie Pollard

    Quote Originally Posted by everyyard View Post
    except isn't he in iowa city?
    Everyyard, I don't know. Could someone update us with information? I do remember that the Register interview with Jamie, upon his hire, mentioned the fact that the Pollard's were very pleased to learn that there was a children's hospital so close to Ames.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 122,707, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Tornado man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,356
    Points
    122,707
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 232
    Given: 385

    Re: Jamie Pollard

    Quote Originally Posted by Balrog View Post
    Everyyard, I don't know. Could someone update us with information? I do remember that the Register interview with Jamie, upon his hire, mentioned the fact that the Pollard's were very pleased to learn that there was a children's hospital so close to Ames.
    Jamie's son was at University Hospitals in Iowa City last weekend. It is probably not appropriate to post any addtional info., so I'll leave it at that.



  12. #12
    Starter
    Points: 43,243, Level: 64
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,007
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Balrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    690
    Points
    43,243
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 16

    Re: Jamie Pollard

    Quote Originally Posted by Tornado man View Post
    Jamie's son was at University Hospitals in Iowa City last weekend. It is probably not appropriate to post any addtional info., so I'll leave it at that.
    I agree Tornado. Appreciate the information with regard to Iowa City.



  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 65,168, Level: 79
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,282
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonesrule91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Waukee
    Posts
    4,982
    Points
    65,168
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 185

    Re: Jamie Pollard

    It wasn't my intention to talk about something innapropriate when I asked about Jamie's son. I remember in the press conference earlier this week, Jamie said something most of us knowing that the previous week was hard on the Pollards because their of their child so I thought it was public knowledge.

    Apologize for even bringing it up.
    Posted via Mobile Device



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM