Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 26,977, Level: 50
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 573
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Ames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,920
    Points
    26,977
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Richmond's Coach

    I'm surprised this coach at Richmond hasn't been brought up. He did a good job coaching against UNI and now he is doing a good job in the National Title game.



  2. #2
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 6,785, Level: 24
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    st8phan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    248
    Points
    6,785
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Richmond's Coach

    Guy is a loser...

    He cheated against UNI telling his player to fake an injury in the final seconds giving them some time to set up a play before their last TD when they had no time-outs!! I saw it right in front of me... Now, maybe it wasn't "cheating" because in college they don't have the 10 second run-off and there's not a rule in against it but it was pathetic and he is a low-life to have to stoop to something like that...



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 26,977, Level: 50
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 573
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Ames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,920
    Points
    26,977
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Re: Richmond's Coach

    Maybe he is, but I don't know that one thing like that makes him a loser. Defenses have a guy go down to buy them some breathing time on a regular basis. That's a deal where if you are on the losing side of it then they cheated, on the winning side it's a smart call.



  4. #4
    Rookie
    Points: 10,441, Level: 30
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    LZclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Mahomet IL via Laurens IA
    Posts
    491
    Points
    10,441
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Richmond's Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by st8phan View Post
    Guy is a loser...

    He cheated against UNI telling his player to fake an injury in the final seconds giving them some time to set up a play before their last TD when they had no time-outs!! I saw it right in front of me... Now, maybe it wasn't "cheating" because in college they don't have the 10 second run-off and there's not a rule in against it but it was pathetic and he is a low-life to have to stoop to something like that...
    Any smart player in the exact same situation would have done the same thing.
    I don't think the player was told by his coach to do that.

    UNI choked, they played the 4th quarter not to lose and lost.

    With all that being said, we don't need this guy. Fulmer is taking the job



  5. #5
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 6,785, Level: 24
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    st8phan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    248
    Points
    6,785
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Richmond's Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by LZclone View Post
    Any smart player in the exact same situation would have done the same thing.
    I don't think the player was told by his coach to do that.

    UNI choked, they played the 4th quarter not to lose and lost.

    With all that being said, we don't need this guy. Fulmer is taking the job
    Sorry, but he was told to do it... It happened 15' in front of me @ the game.

    Player caught a pass, got up, and jogged with a limp back towards the side-line. When he got close to the sideline (referee's back was turned) Coach London waved his arm up and down and yelled at the player (#35 in this case) motioning for him to go down. Player laid down... Coach London then motioned and yelled @ the referee telling him that he had a player down. They stop the clock for an injury TO. After the player is tended to, he gets up and turns to his own bench and smiles as he walks to the sideline.

    Total BS...



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 132,078, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    joefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    6,446
    Points
    132,078
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 109

    Re: Richmond's Coach

    I saw the same thing on TV and couldn't believe it. Don't think the announcers saw it either, or it least I don't remember them mentioning much about it. It was complete BS and without it, UNI wins. It was a gamechanger and was definitely cheating.

    I am no UNI homer either, but that wasn't right.


    "Dog Eat Dog"
    Read the news
    Someone win,
    Someone lose

  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 51,959, Level: 70
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 591
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Tank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Fort Walton Beach, FL
    Posts
    2,265
    Points
    51,959
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 9

    Re: Richmond's Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by st8phan View Post
    Sorry, but he was told to do it... It happened 15' in front of me @ the game.

    Player caught a pass, got up, and jogged with a limp back towards the side-line. When he got close to the sideline (referee's back was turned) Coach London waved his arm up and down and yelled at the player (#35 in this case) motioning for him to go down. Player laid down... Coach London then motioned and yelled @ the referee telling him that he had a player down. They stop the clock for an injury TO. After the player is tended to, he gets up and turns to his own bench and smiles as he walks to the sideline.

    Total BS...
    If he didn't break any rules, then it is not cheating.

    Sounds like smart coaching to me and it worked because they won the game and are not playing for the championship.



  8. #8
    Rookie
    Points: 10,441, Level: 30
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    LZclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Mahomet IL via Laurens IA
    Posts
    491
    Points
    10,441
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Richmond's Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by st8phan View Post
    Sorry, but he was told to do it... It happened 15' in front of me @ the game.

    Total BS...

    Sorry, saw it on TV, it didn't show him up after the tackle.

    UNI still choked.

    I graduated from UNI in 94, wanted them to win, just like the other 4 semifinal games they have lost.
    They do not play well in this game for some reason.

    mute point, London isn't coming to Iowa State.



  9. #9
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 6,785, Level: 24
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    st8phan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    248
    Points
    6,785
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Richmond's Coach

    Yeah, no worries...

    UNI lost the game because the did play not to lose vs. playing to win. It's their own fault, it just sucks to have it come down to a snake move like that from their coach. As someone stated above, true it's not cheating but if the referee would've been watching and had seen the coach instruct the player to drop to the turf he probably wouldn't have called the injury TO.

    Either way, it's true, UNI lost and Richmond won and Richmond is playing in the Nat'l Championship game and UNI is playing the "what if" game in that they had their chances but ****** it away like they so often do...



  10. #10
    Starter
    Points: 22,960, Level: 46
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 590
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    cowboycurtis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    886
    Points
    22,960
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 2

    The Richmond coach

    Richmond is putting a whoopin on Montana tonight. Would their coach be worthy?

    sorry. already a thread.



  11. #11
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 6,785, Level: 24
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    st8phan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    248
    Points
    6,785
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

  12. #12
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 13,238, Level: 34
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    pdxclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    310
    Points
    13,238
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: The Richmond coach

    My thoughts exactly ... I've watch their last two games and they are very impressive. Don't know enough but could he recruit in the Midwest? Or open a new avenue?



  13. #13
    All-Star
    Points: 19,635, Level: 42
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,405
    Points
    19,635
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Richmond's Coach

    Quote Originally Posted by joefrog View Post
    I saw the same thing on TV and couldn't believe it. Don't think the announcers saw it either, or it least I don't remember them mentioning much about it. It was complete BS and without it, UNI wins. It was a gamechanger and was definitely cheating.

    I am no UNI homer either, but that wasn't right.
    Funny the same thing happened in a Ia HS playoff game Ames vs SEP, all the SEP fans cried foul, even booed the kid from Ames. As it turns out the young man was knocked out and didn't play the next week. I get upset when fans question the integrity of any injured player. Usually someone who has never played the game or at least never put it all on the line in a game.



  14. #14
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    351
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Richmond's Coach

    This coach is in his first year as HC there. The HC that built the program to where it is was hired this year as OC under Fulmer at UT. He was let go along with Fulmer and I believe he was just hired as HC at Miami(oh). I am not saying he isn't a good coach, he just is not 100% the reason for where they are.



  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 38,727, Level: 60
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 323
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    WDM
    Posts
    4,059
    Points
    38,727
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 6

    Re: Richmond's Coach

    Nice story about him...seemed like a genuine guy



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM