Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

New Logo and colors?

No secret probably. Several store owners are waiting for new ISU merchandise this spring. A committee is currently re-designing or recreating a logo for ISU.

Anybody heard if he colors will be going back to he traditional cardinal red and metallic gold that ISU wore during its first 90 years of football or will we stay w/ the condiment state look?

Addict
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

Re: New Logo and colors?

This is only what I was told by JP himself. The football team next year will have the same uniforms as in the years past. So this would speculate that any changing for this upcoming year is probably not going to happen. Its not improbable, but to release any merchandise with incorrect colors and logo to conflict with the future sporting events would not make sense. There may be something in the works following the next football season.

"You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace." -- Ernie Banks

POOTMFS
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,799
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Land Shark View Post
    No secret probably. Several store owners are waiting for new ISU merchandise this spring. A committee is currently re-designing or recreating a logo for ISU.

Anybody heard if he colors will be going back to he traditional cardinal red and metallic gold that ISU wore during its first 90 years of football or will we stay w/ the condiment state look?
    Ive never heard of this at all.
    I work with the licensing department on a daily/weekly basis and they have not said anything about this.
    What "committee" is working on this?

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Thanks for the heads up!

I feel confident in what this particaular owner said. Their store is often the first choice among students and ISU fans.

Maybe a year or two down the road is the plan!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176
    Given: 208

If you're going to post something like this, have some substance to back it up other than "Several store owners are waiting for new ISU merchandise this spring."

Of course their getting new merchandise. If they didn't, their shelves would be empty. Every store in the nation gets new merchandise, sometimes...daily! *gasp*

A committee is currently re-designing or recreating a logo for ISU.
    What committee would that be? The card party pals? Beer drinking buddies?

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Holy cow ISU 22! Did I do something to you that makes you into a jerk????

The folks at T-Galaxy said specifically, that they would be getting new logo merchandise in.

Can I not post that w/o some smart a** remark from you?

What would like from me? Is this a message forum to post about ISU or not? I asked if anybody had heard anything about this and nobody else took the tone that you did.

Why be that guy???

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

You asked what we thought the colors would change to...meaning...in your mind it was a done deal.

All other signs point otherwise - that no changes are being made. When the same false rumor (with no substance to support it mind you) continues to show its ugly head time and time again - some of us get annoyed.

Rookie
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I would love to get away from the condiment colors.

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up

So I'm clear on this-

I'm not on the board every day so if I have a question that I assumed has been brought up, and feel that it is reasonable (non flaming). I should not bring it up because it may annoy you???

I assume that this owner is probably more connected than am I so I felt it would be wise to ask around. Do I have to take a shot from you every time this happens? (right or wrong)

Kind of taking the fun out of posting ISU Fan!

Pro
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 693
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 105

ISUFan is just normally a jerk, don't worry about it. That being said, he usually does have substance to back up his jerkiness. I think we're all tired of the uniform/new logo threads and your first post was pretty vague in who you were talking to. Not that your 2nd post really backs it up much better. Was T-Galaxy just talking about themselves specifically getting new logo merchandise in?? I mean to them a new logo could be just bringing in some more "old school" shirts and have nothing to do at all with the athletic department changing anything.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Ya didn't bring it up as a question man...go read your post. Ya brought it up with your vague sources stating it was going to happen. In addition, you mentioned "several" store owners. As of right now, you've only mentioned T-Galaxy. Who are the other "store owners"?

Claiming fallacies to be fact and asking a question are two different things. And those two different things yield difference responses.

Last edited by ISUFan22; 12-14-2006 at 01:11 PM.

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Land Shark View Post
    Holy cow ISU 22! Did I do something to you that makes you into a jerk????

The folks at T-Galaxy said specifically, that they would be getting new logo merchandise in.

Can I not post that w/o some smart a** remark from you?

What would like from me? Is this a message forum to post about ISU or not? I asked if anybody had heard anything about this and nobody else took the tone that you did.

Why be that guy???
    "Getting new logo merchandise in" could easily mean that "new" and "logo" are both adjectives describing merchandise. It does not necesarrily mean that "new" is an adjective describing "new."

[blockquote][/blockquote] This represents my opinions. It is a 100% certainty that I will be right or wrong.

Addict
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by wonkadog View Post
    ISUFan is just normally a jerk, don't worry about it. That being said, he usually does have substance to back up his jerkiness. I think we're all tired of the uniform/new logo threads and your first post was pretty vague in who you were talking to. Not that your 2nd post really backs it up much better. Was T-Galaxy just talking about themselves specifically getting new logo merchandise in?? I mean to them a new logo could be just bringing in some more "old school" shirts and have nothing to do at all with the athletic department changing anything.
    Very valid post. Very nice way of saying it. Very good questions. Round of applause for wonkadog.

"You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace." -- Ernie Banks

Addict
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 212
    Given: 73

Quote Originally Posted by guitarchitect7 View Post
    This is only what I was told by JP himself. The football team next year will have the same uniforms as in the years past. So this would speculate that any changing for this upcoming year is probably not going to happen. Its not improbable, but to release any merchandise with incorrect colors and logo to conflict with the future sporting events would not make sense. There may be something in the works following the next football season.
    I think I mentioned this in one of the many uniform threads on here. Mike McBreen is an ISU alum and a senior exec at Nike who deals with collegiate apparel. He was on campus over homecoming weekend and I had a chance to talk to him. He said that he had just finished meeting with the athletic department to finalize the uniforms for next year, the design was a done deal even before Mac stepped down.

He didn't say what they will look like, but if guitarchitect was told by JP that they will stay the same, then I would guess that is the case. The design has been finalized, it will look just like this year, and I can't imagine that they would try to sell merchandise that does not match what is on the field.

All-Star
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

There is way too much money vested in the current logo and color scheme to make any changes. Part of a marketing plan is to have a consistent, recognizable look and feel. We should just keep the status quo.