Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Iowa State vs Savannah St.

Remember in the Floyd days when the goal was to make more free throws than your opponent attempts? They did that tonight. Now, 71% isn't so good, but they dug a hole eary and made them when it counted, so I wont complain.

Also, total turnover improved to 10. I know the competition wasn't as good, but I also don't believe playing against tough defenses was the major reason for our turnover woes.

Out rebounded the opponent 38 to 20. Can't complain there.

All in all, I think the Clones did what they needed to do tonight to get back on track. There's still a long long way to go, but this was definitely a step in the right direction.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,068
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 9

Re: Iowa State vs Savannah St.

This was a different team on the floor tonight. Patience on offense and resilience on defense... it nearly brought a tear to my eye.

Starter Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Good post. They are improving, no doubt about it. At times it looked like it was painful to run the offense instead if glibbing and free-styling. But it yielded some results...we had a lot more points in the paint than we normally do. Wesley Johnson doesn't need touches, he gets points regardless with offensive rebounds. Love that kid, he's gonna be a special 4-year guy.

Jiri only shot one three and was banging inside for the duration of the game. Corey Johnson showed some post moves. Mike Taylor (or as Jim Hallihan refers to as Corey Taylor) was really under control almost the whole game. Our man is coaching his ***** off, and our boys will only get better as the year goes on.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 46

A win was definitely needed and we got just that. Wesley continues to impress me.

Rookie
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

I think the guy that shut everyone up today was Rahshon Clark, what a game he had, he hustled every minute of the game, and fighted for every point he scored. Now he just needs to be more than one demisonal and try to develop a more of a mid-range game.

Pro
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 949
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 7

And Taylor's turnover total for the night was.....

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Clark got battered all night for the hustle plays he made, and he kept coming too! Impressive! The refs tonight? Not impressive! Haha!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 145
    Given: 116

It is almost like the players read the threads the last week....they became what the people wanted them to be....

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

All-Star
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 406
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by terryleebr View Post
    5 assists to 1 turnover.

Addict
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 46

Quote Originally Posted by terryleebr View Post
    In 25 mins of play he had only 1.... I think.

Addict
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 607
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2

Taylor was also out for half the game because of early foul trouble. Either that, or Mac benched him for attempting that unneccessary three-pointer with 24 seconds still on the shot clock...

I think Jiri was probably the unsung hero for tonight. Maybe he's finally gotten the hint not to stick out on the perimeter and play inside. His height DEFINITELY helped rebound some of his own shots, and hopefully, he's just going to get better.

Go Sssssssssyclones!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 742
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

No one has mentioned the starting lineup changes, so here were the starters tonight:
    Taylor
    Dunson
    Clark
    W. Johnson
    C. Johnson

Something important to note as well that I heard on the post game is that Gray broke his nose when he went down in the second half. That sucks.

Cory played relatively well in the post and actually scored a few points in the paint for us. He'll be good once he gets a bit bigger and prevent the D from pushing him off the block. He got a bit frazzled in the second half though and missed 4 (yes 4 due to two lane violations) free throws in a row. After this Jiri played most of the game.

Taylor got two fouls early and sat most of the first half. I thought the offense actually looked better without him in there as the ball was passed around the perimiter and into the post on occasion. We actually had a few inside-out three attempts. When Taylor was playing in the second half the offense shifted a lot more to Taylor just dribbling until he could do something with it. He was 1 for 7 from the floor but got fouled a few times. He also had some sweet passes, but I worry that this strategy will hurt us again against better competition. Most importantly, he only had 1 turnover to his 5 assists.

Wesley was amazing yet again, posting his 4th double-double with 14 points (8 of 8 at the line) and at least 10 boards. Rahshon also played well and hustled all over the floor. He botched what would have been an awesome dunk though, and I was saddened. No one dunked tonight, although if Jiri would jump 6 inches he could have had some.

Dunson started and didn't make a lot of mistakes, but didn't do a lot either. McIntosh and Taylor played most of the second half. Brock also played some solid minutes.

That was rather random, but hopefully informative.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 145
    Given: 116

So it will be God Oden of OSU versus Jiri?

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

I told you guys from the first game I saw that Cory Johnson would be starting by big 12 conference play. I don't know if it was just against this team or just trying something new but I liked it. Hes preparing for the future because Cory has a lot more potential then Jiri and Jessan.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,131
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 4

Great win for the boys tonite, i really thought every1 that played did their part in the game.

1 Dodie Dunson: Started for the first time, played pretty well, had 2 points and 2 turn overs in 20 mins of playing.

13 Rashon Clark: once again played very physical and scored tonite. hustled all nite long. scored 16 made both of his free throw attempts had 8 rebounds, 1 steal,assist and turnover. very sound game for clark.

24 Mike Taylor: only played 5 mins in the 1rst half because of foul trouble but did a nice job in the 2nd not commiting any, might not have shot the greatest, but did somthing that i have been waiting for him to do, and that is make good passes. he had 8 points and 5 assist, and listen to this 1 turnover!! enough said.

31 Cory Johnson: also getting his first start, played some good minutes, i really liked how we posted up and called for the ball, and was very aggresive. cory finished the game with 7 points. 3 rebounds, 2 assist, and once again 1 turnover. (only prob is he needs to work on that free throw)

4 Westley Johnson: i think just saying his name is almost enough, is this guy going to be good or what?? another double double 15 pts 11 rebounds, enough said, oh and 8 of those rebounds were offensive.

2 Brock Jacobson: HE finally did what we have been waiting for him to do, hit a 3 and play some pretty good D. brock finished with 5 pts and 1 turn over in 11 mins.

21 Mark Currie: i like what coach is doing by play Mark, he might have only been in for 3 mins, but in those 3 mins he played aggresive D and is alowing who ever he comes in for a breather.

3 Corey McIntosh: coming off the bench did a very nice job handling the ball.had 5 pts, 2 reb, 2 assist 0 to. in 31 mins.

33 Jiri Hubalek: came out very aggresive and did not get into foul trouble which is nice for a change, 11pts and 6 reb and once again only 1 to.

25 Jessan Gray got a broken nose in the first half, didnt play after that, hopefully he will be fine

HC Greg MacDermot: i love the way he coaches this team, 1 thing that really caught my eye was when i beleive it was McIntosh was at the line he brought CJ over to him and he demenstrated what he wanted him to do on Def right there on the court. Keep up the good Work coach.

All in All
    10 turnovers
    38-20 rebounding edge
    only 3 fouls in the 2nd half
    wins basketball games.. enough said

(the only thing i didnt like was the free throw shooting in the first half)

Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."