Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176
    Given: 208
    I tuned into today briefly on my way from work to physical therapy. Figured I'd give them a shot. Happened to be when they were taking calls. I have two things I'd like to "rant" about…

1. To the caller who proceeded to rip Marty & Miller about something they said or didn't say (I tend to believe the caller, yet that's moot IMO)…

Just shut up. Please, shut the hell up. It's obvious you have a severe displeasure for M&M. That's fine – I'm not a fan either. However, all you did was make yourself look like a fool in trying to burn them. In doing so, you made Cyclone fans – mainly the message board members – appear like a bunch of whiners. Thanks!

I'm not sure what the purpose of your call was. If it was to burn M&M, obviously you failed. If it was to appear like an immature blowhard while putting some mud on the faces of Cyclone fans – congratulations! As an added bonus – you helped boost their ratings. Brilliant!

In the future though, it would be real swell if you could just turn the dial elsewhere. Skip right on past that 1460. That'll save you the grief of listening to someone you don't like and the listeners the pain of hearing your silly voice.

2. A quote from Marty & Miller…

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> That&#39;s just a Cyclone fan from that silly website.[/b][/quote]

Quote came right after they hung up on the caller referenced above.

M&M, I know this guy was a tool. You perhaps could have left it at that. Instead, ya took a shot at Cyclone fans – especially those diehards participating in online message boards. I&#39;m thinking you did it unintentionally – yet you did it regardless. If you want to "win over" the Cyclone faithful, this likely isn&#39;t a step in the right direction.

End rant.

Addict
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,291
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 157
    Did you hear the shots that they were takin at us before they took any calls. In the 1st 5 minutes of the show Miller was ******** about Cyclone Message board posters and how they tried to extend an olive branch for peace, and then proceeded to rip us for being babies. FF them and their lame-*** show. God, they got Tom ****-ert(********* from HR) for their Hawkeye insider, thats right there is enough for me&#33;

#BEATIOWA

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ripvdub &#064; Jun 12 2006, 08&#58;05 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Did you hear the shots that they were takin at us before they took any calls. In the 1st 5 minutes of the show Miller was ******** about Cyclone Message board posters and how they tried to extend an olive branch for peace, and then proceeded to rip us for being babies. FF them and their lame-*** show. God, they got Tom ****-ert(********* from HR) for their Hawkeye insider, thats right there is enough for me&#33; [/b][/quote]

Then don&#39;t listen&#33; We all expected this to take place...so either deal with it or change the dial.

Prospect
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ripvdub &#064; Jun 12 2006, 08&#58;05 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Did you hear the shots that they were takin at us before they took any calls. In the 1st 5 minutes of the show Miller was ******** about Cyclone Message board posters and how they tried to extend an olive branch for peace, and then proceeded to rip us for being babies. FF them and their lame-*** show. God, they got Tom ****-ert(********* from HR) for their Hawkeye insider, thats right there is enough for me&#33; [/b][/quote]

Prospect
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    You&#39;re sure a sensitive bunch. Okay,I&#39;ll clairify not all of you but some of you. Like it or not Marty and I are it from 4-7 Mon- Fri and although most of you don&#39;t want to hear this we DON&#39;T HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST ISU.

I know, I know I&#39;m not going to support any of their advertisers and I&#39;m sure you&#39;re all went out of your way to do so prior to us taking the timeslot.

I didn&#39;t call out anyone in particular nor will I; well maybe monkeybrew, and you should be ashamed of yourselves for letting Jon&#39;s show be dominated by Hawktalk.

For crying out loud call us or email me if you want to dispute my ramblings.

Miller

martyandmiller@kxno.com

CF Founder
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 323
    Given: 168
    I was extremely busy so I wasn&#39;t able to listen in but I heard Chris was going to be on and was sorry I missed it. He had a great roundup on his site on Sunday regarding how potential players were doing at Camp.

Anyways, I look forward to tuning in when I get a chance in the afternoon in between downsizing meetings and interviews:(

I do think we need to work on jamming the phonelines with pro-Clone talk though or it won&#39;t matter what we say on here regarding the show. Ken has posted his email address (maybe a bad idea [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img] ) so I think people need to take some time and make some good questions and suggestions to send the show. The only option we have if people don&#39;t like the show is to try and steer it towards what we want.

Like I said, I haven&#39;t heard it but think that if you aren&#39;t a fan, try and make it what you want. Marty & Miller are in it for the money since it&#39;s their job. With that in mind, they are going to do what it takes to get listeners and I think the critics of the show need to help make sure ISU is a positive topic on the show.

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

Prospect
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 287
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 17
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Miller &#064; Jun 12 2006, 07&#58;39 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> You&#39;re sure a sensitive bunch. Okay,I&#39;ll clairify not all of you but some of you. Like it or not Marty and I are it from 4-7 Mon- Fri and although most of you don&#39;t want to hear this we DON&#39;T HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST ISU.

I know, I know I&#39;m not going to support any of their advertisers and I&#39;m sure you&#39;re all went out of your way to do so prior to us taking the timeslot.

I didn&#39;t call out anyone in particular nor will I; well maybe monkeybrew, and you should be ashamed of yourselves for letting Jon&#39;s show be dominated by Hawktalk.

Miller

martyandmiller@kxno.com

[/b][/quote]

For me it wasn&#39;t about being pro or anti cyclone, I don&#39;t even mind taking some shots on the radio. But, the Marty and Miller show in my opinion just isn&#39;t good radio at all. Not even close. The Des Moines market has been spoiled by a real talent in Steve Deace and unfortunately for the radio listeners, KXNO hasn&#39;t been able to find any one with near the talent to replace him.

Don&#39;t kid yourself Ken, most Cyclone fans didn&#39;t fawn over Deace because he never criticized ISU, it was because he made for good radio, even with the political and religious slants that snuck into the program. Here&#39;s wishing you good luck in your next endeavor after KXNO, because Des Moines radio deserves better.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Miller &#064; Jun 12 2006, 08&#58;39 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> You&#39;re sure a sensitive bunch. Okay,I&#39;ll clairify not all of you but some of you.
    [/b][/quote]

Do I sense a bit of sarcasm there? C&#39;mon man, be the bigger guy. You might gain some listeners.

All-Star
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,372
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 6
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Miller &#064; Jun 12 2006, 08&#58;39 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> You&#39;re sure a sensitive bunch. Okay,I&#39;ll clairify not all of you but some of you.
    [/b][/quote]

This coming from someone who is neither for or against M&M on the radio since I really don&#39;t listen to talk radio... but when you refer to the message board people either in the above quote or on your show... I hope you realize that you are part of that group as you&#39;re posting on here just like the rest of us. Just cuz you&#39;re on a radio show doesn&#39;t exclude you from being a "message board junkie" cuz we all have different jobs too some of which might be similar to yours in that reading these boards could help one do his job better.

Prospect
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 478
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ISUFan22 &#064; Jun 12 2006, 09&#58;09 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Do I sense a bit of sarcasm there? C&#39;mon man, be the bigger guy. You might gain some listeners.
    [/b][/quote]

That&#39;s what I don&#39;t get about all of the M&M msg board posts. (Sorry, don&#39;t know who is who - I only listened or about 30 seconds today and honestly wasn&#39;t sure if it was M&M or not, I just remember it being a lot louder than I expected.) Anyway, I don&#39;t get all the posts by Miller basically taunting Cyclone fans. The "olive branch" along with this post (and another on CR) were so condescending.

Seriously M&M, I think Clones will listen if you put a decent product out. But at least act like you want us to listen.

All-Star
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 882
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(isuvike &#064; Jun 12 2006, 09&#58;47 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

That&#39;s what I don&#39;t get about all of the M&M msg board posts. (Sorry, don&#39;t know who is who - I only listened or about 30 seconds today and honestly wasn&#39;t sure if it was M&M or not, I just remember it being a lot louder than I expected.) Anyway, I don&#39;t get all the posts by Miller basically taunting Cyclone fans. The "olive branch" along with this post (and another on CR) were so condescending.

Seriously M&M, I think Clones will listen if you put a decent product out. But at least act like you want us to listen.
    [/b][/quote] People, we&#39;re being played. Can&#39;t you all see it? The more shots they take at us and the more of us they goad into screaming matches on the air with them, the better they think their ratings will be. Tune out KXNO. We don&#39;t need it any more. PS. Anyone who thought Marty Tirrell or Jon Miller were going to be &#39;fair and balanced&#39; towards ISU hasn&#39;t been paying attention these last five years. To the poster who blames ISU fans for allowing Jon Miller&#39;s show to be Hawk Talk - that is simply ludicrous. Sort of like blaming someone who was mugged for not being nice to the thief. I will not be wasting my time with Miller, Tirrell, and Miller.

URBCLONE

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    I really don&#39;t think Miller is the problem. He does ask hard questions but at least he is somewhat fair. He has enough courage to face the piper and post on this site. Tirell on the other hand is simply a blithering idiot who could care less about Iowa or Iowa State. Rarely does he have anythin intelligent to say other than to yell and scream. If I was Miller I would be ticked that I had to endure 4 hours with that moron.

Prospect
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 296
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ISUFan22 &#064; Jun 12 2006, 07&#58;45 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> I tuned into today briefly on my way from work to physical therapy. Figured I&#39;d give them a shot. Happened to be when they were taking calls. I have two things I&#39;d like to "rant" about…

1. To the caller who proceeded to rip Marty & Miller about something they said or didn&#39;t say (I tend to believe the caller, yet that&#39;s moot IMO)…

Just shut up. Please, shut the hell up. It&#39;s obvious you have a severe displeasure for M&M. That&#39;s fine – I&#39;m not a fan either. However, all you did was make yourself look like a fool in trying to burn them. In doing so, you made Cyclone fans – mainly the message board members – appear like a bunch of whiners. Thanks&#33;

I&#39;m not sure what the purpose of your call was. If it was to burn M&M, obviously you failed. If it was to appear like an immature blowhard while putting some mud on the faces of Cyclone fans – congratulations&#33; As an added bonus – you helped boost their ratings. Brilliant&#33;

In the future though, it would be real swell if you could just turn the dial elsewhere. Skip right on past that 1460. That&#39;ll save you the grief of listening to someone you don&#39;t like and the listeners the pain of hearing your silly voice.

2. A quote from Marty & Miller…

Quote came right after they hung up on the caller referenced above.

M&M, I know this guy was a tool. You perhaps could have left it at that. Instead, ya took a shot at Cyclone fans – especially those diehards participating in online message boards. I&#39;m thinking you did it unintentionally – yet you did it regardless. If you want to "win over" the Cyclone faithful, this likely isn&#39;t a step in the right direction.

End rant.

[/b][/quote]
    People Hello, this is just a ploy from Marty to get ratings. He has been fired from every radio gig he has had from Mass. to Iowa. Don&#39;t listen. But if you feel you must, this will get his goat. Ask him how his assesment of Marcus Fizer turned out before the start of 2000 season. He will try and play like he never said it or Fizer didn&#39;t pan out in NBA, but he said Fizer was "overrated" and "wasn&#39;t going to live up to potential." Guess he was wrong.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jake &#064; Jun 12 2006, 10&#58;10 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> I really don&#39;t think Miller is the problem. He does ask hard questions but at least he is somewhat fair. He has enough courage to face the piper and post on this site. Tirell on the other hand is simply a blithering idiot who could care less about Iowa or Iowa State. Rarely does he have anythin intelligent to say other than to yell and scream. If I was Miller I would be ticked that I had to endure 4 hours with that moron. [/b][/quote]

On radio, I agree. Yet online, Miller is behaving like a giant arse. I mentioned that to him on his "olive branch" post – why on radio seem like a decent guy but on the message boards, behave like a fool?

Then I answered my own question…

Ratings.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kcchief888 &#064; Jun 12 2006, 10&#58;59 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    People Hello, this is just a ploy from Marty to get ratings. He has been fired from every radio gig he has had from Mass. to Iowa. Don&#39;t listen. But if you feel you must, this will get his goat. Ask him how his assesment of Marcus Fizer turned out before the start of 2000 season. He will try and play like he never said it or Fizer didn&#39;t pan out in NBA, but he said Fizer was "overrated" and "wasn&#39;t going to live up to potential." Guess he was wrong.
    [/b][/quote]

You are a perfect example of the type of person I am referring to. Always looking at a way to "get" the guy you don&#39;t like on radio.

Don&#39;t ya have something better to do with your time?

All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Miller &#064; Jun 12 2006, 08&#58;39 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> You&#39;re sure a sensitive bunch. Okay,I&#39;ll clairify not all of you but some of you. Like it or not Marty and I are it from 4-7 Mon- Fri and although most of you don&#39;t want to hear this we DON&#39;T HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST ISU.

Miller

martyandmiller@kxno.com

[/b][/quote]

You know what, I don&#39;t really care if Miller&#39;s show degrades into hawk talk. Bottom line, it&#39;s one small station that barely reaches outside of the DM city limits. They could be all hawk all the time and it wouldn&#39;t make a difference. And, like it or not, DM has a good percentage of Clone fans. After the ratings come out, KXNO will have to think hard about the changes they&#39;ve made.

XXXX Master Shake is under gag order XXXX