My friends here in Alabama want to borrow your cannon and victory bell...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

My friends here in Alabama want to borrow your cannon and victory bell...

Iowa State was the topic of conversation today at lunch with a big group of Bama fans. One guy told of the tradition of firing a cannon at games. Most Aubies would love to fire that thing at Jay Jacobs right now. We laughed at the fact that you guys will upgrade to a better coach at their expense.

If we take care of it, can we borrow the victory bell for the game next year? That would be salt in their wound but they deserve it.

I was told that the area around Jack Trice Stadium is perfect for tailgating. On a detour to Vegas next fall, I would like to take my wife to a home game at Jack Trice. I have never been to a non-Bama college football game. Save me a brat and a beer.

Go
    Cardinal & Gold
    Crimson & White

Pro
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: My friends here in Alabama want to borrow your cannon and victory bell...

Man oh man, if there is one thing Cyclones know how to do, it's tailgate! Speaking honestly, we've become quite well-known in the Big 12 for our tailgating scene. Lots and lots of parking right next to the stadium, lots of people showing up WAY early (if not the day before), lots of crazy rigs with every imaginable convenience/contraption built in, no crazy alcohol restrictions, lots of homegrown Iowa pork and beef, and lots of very warm, friendly, welcoming Cyclone fans! As long as visiting fans aren't going around picking fights, they'll always find that they're cheerfully greeted by Cyclone tailgaters, and somebody will eventually offer you a beer and a conversation.

It's a great time, and something we're very proud of.

True and Valiant

I also remember a game with Kansas when Cy (wore a huge suit then) went out to center field, squatted, and "pooped" a couple of chickens that had been dyed blue then chased them around.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJK15

God I hope so, even if it's not the right thing to do, KF needs to do it.
    Victory before honor.

Asst. Regional Manager
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,098
    Given: 924

We may not have a good football team, but we're all Americans at tailgating!!! The parking lots almost completely surround the stadium, so you never have to walk too far into the game (unlike EIU).

Come in September or October if you want to stay warm. Come by our tailgate and we'll keep you full.

@RandomGeoFacts

Speechless
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 589
    Given: 361

Bring Bama women and we will share our beer. ;)

Addict
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 199
    Given: 202

Yes, If there's one thing that I will always remember about trips to Shreveport, its the Southern Belles.
    Something about a southern drawl that makes a woman that much hotter.
    Took a trip to Florida State as well and that was SOMETHING ELSE. WOW!!!

Exaggeration is a BILLION times worse than understating.

All-Star
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 227
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

Hopefully we'll need the canon and bell because we will win more than two games but you could always buy you own or when you play auburn you should try to coordinate the bama fans to wear cardinal/gold. IF you could do that I would DIE laughing!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 589
    Given: 361

So anyways, how do you propose to feasibly transport the canon and bell back and forth? Would it not be easier to buy one of your own? Or is the football budget down there too tight? ;)

Speechless
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 881
    Given: 613

It only plays when you score and when you win. That would be in fine condition.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,336
    Given: 936

Here's an idea - get the 'Bama boosters to contribute a significant donation towards bowling in our south end zone and I'm pretty sure Jamie Pollard would be MORE THAN WILLING to let you guys borrow the cannon and bell for that weekend

Not sure we'd be playing that weekend anyway, unless we somehow magically make it to the Big XII Championship game.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Pro
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 225

We tailgate with the best of them, and unfortunately over the last couple of years, it has been more fun than watching the game. We hope that changes!! Come on by sometime and I am sure you will be welcomed with a cold one and a brat!!

Go Cyclones!!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 533
    Given: 150

An ISU tailgate truly is something special. In 2007, I ended up talking to a bunch of Texas fans who had come up in 2003 and decided it was the best tailgating they had ever seen, so they were back and having a ball. When you've continually had the football team rip your heart of your chest, you adapt by becoming numb to the pain. Alcohol just happens to really take care of that problem. So, come on up! The booze will be flowing, and the meat will be grilling. If you haven't had a brat from a small town Iowa locker, you haven't lived....

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Pro
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 238
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 71

Although I would strongly suggest taking in the tailgating atmosphere at Iowa State first and foremost we will also be playing in KC at Arrowhead next year against Kansas State. With the following we have, Arrowhead will become Jack Trice South. If you can make that one you will be more than welcome to hang out in our camp! Oh and put me down for one of those Bama girls.

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Recruit Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

My best memory of tailgating lately was the Iowa game on ABC when they came in highly ranked and left with Tate "having a headache"

Also when it was announced on National TV that there was 60,000 in the stadium and 20-30,000 more outside watching on TV and just tailgating. We had Tirico and his crew stop by and grab something to eat on their way into the Jack and then they promoted my buddy's business during the broadcast.

Pro
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,086
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 123
    Given: 56

Maybe you could put a small I-State logo on the back of your helmets for the Alabama / Auburn game, like the GU sticker for Gene Upshaw on the NFL helmets. That ought to get them in a dizzy!

"Explode and tear this whole town apart
    Take a knife and cut this pain from my heart
    Find somebody itching for something to start"

"The Promised Land" Bruce Springsteen

All-Star
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 1

Good fans like tide77 and GC being a tool is going to make it real hard to dislike 'bama anymore. Man, I hope I don't secertly start cheering for them.

"I believe the state color for Alabama should be primer," Larry the Cable Guy.