Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 3

Why ISU gets Gill....

If and its a big IF, but if Gill has agreed to meet with Pollard i think our chances of landing him will be about 90% and here's why....

Pollard breaths confidence and loyalty to this university. Any head coach thats looking for their next job is looking at stability at the AD position and if that person will have their backs when they and if they need them. I think Pollard is that guy! His emotion and dedication to ISU over the past 5 days deserves our respect. I felt all along, even when people were calling for JP's head that it was he that needed us the most. He got flat out lied to and backdoored as much as the players and us fans.

Gill will see the type of enthusiasm that JP brings to the table, see that he's willing to go out and do whatever is necessary to make ISU a player in the big 12. Gill loves the big 12 and loves nebraska, i would not even be surprised if Osbourne himself tells him to take the job that the Nebraska faithful will not hold that against him.

Gill has exactly what this team, these players and this university needs. A loyal, straight forward guy thats willing to take on the task of building something special. For our current players, wow how could they turn their back on Turner Gill - 28-2 as a starting quarterback, won a national championship, a true stud as a player. And as a coach, all he's done is take a team without a winning record to a Jan bowl game. This guy has the credentials and has the spirit - all we need is for Pollard to get in front of him and tell him all the good things about ISU. Ask Turner how many schools in this country had a 2-10 season and still was packing the house. Then show him the type of commitment the university is striving to provide with expansion to the stadium, increased salaries for assistants, this shows dedication to the program.

All this leads me to hope that Turner sees that this is the place for him, the time for him, and these players would play for him in achieving something Chizik could never deliver - success!!!!!

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Why ISU gets Gill....

He's agreed to meet with JP? details man, details.

You can't die. That would upset the equilibrium in the Cave.
    Warning: Posts contain 98% post-sarcastic content.
    Hoiball

Speechless
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 593
    Given: 365

Who knows if we get this guy. Don't even know if he's the right guy for the job. Certainly looks like a great option.

I just see so many thinking he's the only viable option out there. So what if we don't get him? Or, what if Pollard doesn't even want him?

Hanging onto one guy via these searches for anyone usually isn't a good idea...sets ya up for disappointment.

Pro
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 967
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 16

Quote Originally Posted by KMAC_ATTACK View Post
    If and its a big IF, but if Gill has agreed to meet with Pollard i think our chances of landing him will be about 90% and here's why....

Pollard breaths confidence and loyalty to this university. Any head coach thats looking for their next job is looking at stability at the AD position and if that person will have their backs when they and if they need them. I think Pollard is that guy! His emotion and dedication to ISU over the past 5 days deserves our respect. I felt all along, even when people were calling for JP's head that it was he that needed us the most. He got flat out lied to and backdoored as much as the players and us fans.

Gill will see the type of enthusiasm that JP brings to the table, see that he's willing to go out and do whatever is necessary to make ISU a player in the big 12. Gill loves the big 12 and loves nebraska, i would not even be surprised if Osbourne himself tells him to take the job that the Nebraska faithful will not hold that against him.

Gill has exactly what this team, these players and this university needs. A loyal, straight forward guy thats willing to take on the task of building something special. For our current players, wow how could they turn their back on Turner Gill - 28-2 as a starting quarterback, won a national championship, a true stud as a player. And as a coach, all he's done is take a team without a winning record to a Jan bowl game. This guy has the credentials and has the spirit - alls we need is for Pollard to get in front of him and tell him all the good things about ISU. Ask Turner how many schools in this country had a 2-10 season and still was packing the house. Then show him the type of commitment the university is striving to provide with expansion to the stadium, increased salaries for assistants, this shows dedication to the program.

All this leads me to hope that Turner sees that this is the place for him, the time for him, and these players would play for him in achieving something Chizik could never deliver - success!!!!!
    It would be grand but 90% chance?! I think I have learned in my years of being a ISU fan is nothing good happens to us and if it does happen, it is just to set us up for future pain (getting Chizik, getting McD, Seneca beating Iowa his senior just to lose at home to UCONN and go to the humanitarian bowl which we promptly lost, ect. ect.) I would put the odds on him coming here at about 10%, which is still better than the odds of us getting Barnes (uh-oh, I threw in a Barnes reference....this thread is complete!)

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 930
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 50

Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    Who knows if we get this guy. Don't even know if he's the right guy for the job. Certainly looks like a great option.

I just see so many thinking he's the only viable option out there. So what if we don't get him? Or, what if Pollard doesn't even want him?

Hanging onto one guy via these searches for anyone usually isn't a good idea...sets ya up for disappointment.
    Gee, I wonder why major decisions aren't left to the fanbase, let alone message boards

Pro
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,148
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 3

Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post

22 - won't disagree with you on that - gotta have options. I just think that Pollard has to act fast - this is a spiraling story all throughout college football right now. Its bigger then Chizik. Its into race, its into why, when, what was said. Its a huge story - Pollard will want to capture the excitement over a new coach while knowing his team is in peril right now. Now is the time to capture something special. My only other thought on Gill is, he could always accept the job and allow him to coach his current team through the bowl game while allowing them to hire another coach.

If we don't get gill, i'm not saying were doomed - i just think this would be an incredible turn of events that may pay dividends for ISU far past the game on the field.

Pro Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Bader View Post
    Gee, I wonder why major decisions aren't left to the fanbase, let alone message boards
    Hopefully no future player or coach comes to this board.

Addict
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith86 View Post
    He's agreed to meet with JP? details man, details.
    Don't get too excited, this info is just from Marty's dentist.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,185
    Given: 1,040

After watching the Turner Gill interview and then watching Pollard's press conference, they look like kindred spirits.....both very passionate. If Pollard wants him, I want him, and I hope he gets him. I think he would be great for player retention, and he knows how to build a team.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 930
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 50

Quote Originally Posted by PolkCityClone View Post
    Hopefully no future player or coach comes to this board.
    ? I don't follow

Pro Achievements:

Thumbs Up

We all know that JP leaks nothing. Marty is trying to act like he knows something. What a con artist.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 315
    Given: 47

Its not like Marty went out on a limb by saying that. JP has to at least interview Gill.

Addict
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,315
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 167
    Given: 212

Quote Originally Posted by KMAC_ATTACK View Post
    22 - won't disagree with you on that - gotta have options. I just think that Pollard has to act fast - this is a spiraling story all throughout college football right now. Its bigger then Chizik. Its into race, its into why, when, what was said. Its a huge story - Pollard will want to capture the excitement over a new coach while knowing his team is in peril right now. Now is the time to capture something special. My only other thought on Gill is, he could always accept the job and allow him to coach his current team through the bowl game while allowing them to hire another coach.

If we don't get gill, i'm not saying were doomed - i just think this would be an incredible turn of events that may pay dividends for ISU far past the game on the field.
    I think a splash hire could really help national perception of us...especially if it looks like an upgrade over chizik and that auburn actually helped us out. that said i have no favorites and will support whomever pollard chooses.

Pro Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Bader View Post
    ? I don't follow
    Because we have too many stupid people saying why a coach won't come here and they don't have a clue either way. Constant talking out their arse.

Addict
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,335
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 311
    Given: 141

I thought Gill already said he wasn't interested in ISU. JP needs to at least talk to him, if Gill is interested at all. Even if he doesn't want to come to ISU, the last thing ISU needs is to is look like a bunch of racist hicks.