Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Thumbs up I don't know if other fans are welcome here but....

I have always respected your program. I know I am biased, but there is no way... no way that GC can survive at Auburn. It will get ugly for him there soon. Enjoy the $750,000 from our in-state hicks and good luck with a coaching improvement. Stay tuned for the on-going Auburn train wreck.

Signed, a Bama Fan. UA class of 99.

Last edited by CrimsonTide77; 12-14-2008 at 02:28 AM.

All-Star
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 708
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

Re: I don't know if other fans are welcome here but....

always appreciate other fans talking about Iowa State.

"These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it." - Charles Barkley

Rookie
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 668
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTide77 View Post
    I have always respected your program. I know I am biased, but there is no way... no way that GC can survive at Auburn. It will get ugly for him there soon. Enjoy the $750,000 from our in-state hicks and good luck with a coaching improvement. Stay tuned for the on-going Auburn train wreck.

Signed, a Bama Fan. UA class of 99.
    Visiting fans are always welcome, although some have a shorter leash (read hawkeyes) than others.

From everything I've read and heard, GC thinks having good talent will cure everything. Nevermind the coaching staff couldn't get plays in on time. Nevermind that the past two years, our defense hasn't been able to tackle worth a ****. Nevermind that his ego wasn't enough to have a good football team.

Anyway, I have loved 'bama fans since we met a bunch down in Shreveport when we *ahem* beat the Tide in the Liberty Bowl on that field goal

Last edited by Cymaster; 12-14-2008 at 02:43 AM.
    "I'm starting to think some Iowa fans heads are getting too big." -- Tigerhawk22

Chile Mac is Back!
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 466
    Given: 903

Quote Originally Posted by Cymaster View Post
    Anyway, I have loved 'bama fans since we met a bunch down in Shreveport when we *ahem* beat the Tide in the Independence Bowl on that field goal
    Just to get it right .

Hall-Of-Famer Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

I have always respected your program. I know I am biased, but there is no way... no way that GC can survive at Auburn.
    Honestly we're kind of in shock. When we hired Chizik he had a strong resume and had moved around a lot. I think most of us figured ISU was a stepping stone for him and if he had a few good years of competing for Big 12 North titles and going to bowl games, he'd be gone to a bigger program. But I never expected that any coach could parlay a 10 game losing streak into a step up to a major conference coaching job at double his current salary. It's so ridiculous you almost have to laugh. We don't get much SEC news here, maybe you can tell us the situation at Auburn. It doesn't seem like Chizik was their first, second, or even fifth or tenth choice, he just happened to be the first guy who would take the job. Are their meddling boosters, especially the Trustee (Lowder?) the reason that they interviewed so many coaches and couldn't hire any of them?

Gene Smith, 1993-2000. 7 years, 6 NCAA's, 1 bowl game. Revenue sports postseason participation 50%. Good.
    Bruce Vandevelde, 2000-20005. 5 years, 4 bowl games, 2 NCAA's, 2 NIT's. Postseason participation 80%. Better.
    Jamie Pollard, 2005-. 4 years. 1 bowl game, 0 NCAA's, 0 NIT's. Postseason participation: 13%. The next big step.

My ignore list: splitidentity, tarheelhawk,superdorf, clones_jer. That is all.

Addict
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 4

Chizik's worst career loss is 56-3. Hopefully Alabama beats him by more than that in 2009 and in every subsequent year.

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

I remember well that Independence Bowl. You guys outplayed us, I hate to say that and that was an ugly looking field goal at the end. Your QB was great in that game. Anyway, if you don't believe me about him getting buried at Auburn then just stay tuned. That program is a disaster right now and you just have to live here to appreciate it. They give us NO COMPETITION in recruiting since NS came to town and the current roster sucks. He will be fired in 1-3 years. Just watch.

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

They will be regretting this hire very soon...very very stupid move by Auburn, and what makes it worse is that Herbstreit made it out to sound that this was a great hire for Auburn. If only he knew the half of it. Btw, I hate herbstreit

"These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it." - Charles Barkley

Chile Mac is Back!
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 466
    Given: 903

I remember well that Independence Bowl. You guys outplayed us, I hate to say that and that was an ugly looking field goal at the end. Your QB was great in that game. Anyway, if you don't believe me about him getting buried at Auburn then just stay tuned. That program is a disaster right now and you just have to live here to appreciate it. They give us NO COMPETITION in recruiting since NS came to town and the current roster sucks. He will be fired in 1-3 years. Just watch.
    I'm pretty sure if he puts up 8-10 losses at Auburn in his first two years he will be gone quick.

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by MontyBurns View Post
    We don't get much SEC news here, maybe you can tell us the situation at Auburn. It doesn't seem like Chizik was their first, second, or even fifth or tenth choice, he just happened to be the first guy who would take the job. Are their meddling boosters, especially the Trustee (Lowder?) the reason that they interviewed so many coaches and couldn't hire any of them?
    It would take too long to explain it. It is like the mafia over there. Bobby Lowder is a trustee that has complete power. He wants puppets as coaches and administrators... not strong power figures to compete with him. Nobody wants the job because of the board of trustees and boosters. Turner Gill and Charlie Strong were not welcome in the good ol boy club down at Auburn. Their fans are highly disgusted right now and I love it. He will have to recruit against Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, Bobby Petrino, and Mark Richt... Good luck to him. lol

Last edited by CrimsonTide77; 12-14-2008 at 03:05 AM.

Rookie
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 668
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

It would take too long to explain it. It is like the mafia over there. Bobby Lowder is a trustee that has complete power. He wants puppets as coaches and administrators... not strong power figures to compete with him. Nobody wants the job because of the board of trustees and boosters. Turner Gill and Charlie Strong were not welcome in the good ol boy club down at Farm U. Their fans are highly disgusted right now and I love it. He will have to recruit against Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, Bobby Petrino, and Mark Richt... Good luck to him. lol
    A little piece of advice: using terms like Farm U won't earn you too many friends around here....

"I'm starting to think some Iowa fans heads are getting too big." -- Tigerhawk22

Speechless
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 154
    Given: 24

A little piece of advice: using terms like Farm U won't earn you too many friends around here....
    He made up for it in my book with the sarcastic good luck at the end

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I don't care. We are in the middle of one big farm

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

I was referring to Auburn, sorry anyway. I changed it.

Addict
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 4

It was pretty clear what he meant. No need to get bunched up panties.