Hall-Of-Famer Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

When did we offer Chizik a contract extension???

From the AU press release:

"Through my travels in coaching over the last 23 years, there's one place that I've always wanted to return to and that is Auburn," Chizik said. "The tradition of the Auburn football program combined with the passionate fans and their love for Auburn are second to none. My family and I are Auburn through and through, and look forward to being part of the Auburn family and community.

"I am dedicated to working tirelessly to win championships," Chizik said. "We will not be outworked in any facet of the building process. I'm excited to get on the recruiting trail, meeting with the current players and reconnecting with past players. We want to develop young men into champions not only on the playing field, but in the classroom and in the community."

During his two seasons at Iowa State, the 46-year old Chizik was in the midst of a rebuilding process, directing the Cyclones to a 5-19 mark. The Iowa State administration rewarded Chizik's leadership and vision for the program by offering him a two-year contract extension following this season."

The Auburn University Official Athletic Site - Football

Gene Smith, 1993-2000. 7 years, 6 NCAA's, 1 bowl game. Revenue sports postseason participation 50%. Good.
    Bruce Vandevelde, 2000-20005. 5 years, 4 bowl games, 2 NCAA's, 2 NIT's. Postseason participation 80%. Better.
    Jamie Pollard, 2005-. 4 years. 1 bowl game, 0 NCAA's, 0 NIT's. Postseason participation: 13%. The next big step.

My ignore list: splitidentity, tarheelhawk,superdorf, clones_jer. That is all.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,291
    Given: 633

Re: When did we offer Chizik a contract extension???

I call BS....

Rookie
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 668
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by MontyBurns View Post
    From the AU press release:

"Through my travels in coaching over the last 23 years, there's one place that I've always wanted to return to and that is Auburn," Chizik said. "The tradition of the Auburn football program combined with the passionate fans and their love for Auburn are second to none. My family and I are Auburn through and through, and look forward to being part of the Auburn family and community.

"I am dedicated to working tirelessly to win championships," Chizik said. "We will not be outworked in any facet of the building process. I'm excited to get on the recruiting trail, meeting with the current players and reconnecting with past players. We want to develop young men into champions not only on the playing field, but in the classroom and in the community."

During his two seasons at Iowa State, the 46-year old Chizik was in the midst of a rebuilding process, directing the Cyclones to a 5-19 mark. The Iowa State administration rewarded Chizik's leadership and vision for the program by offering him a two-year contract extension following this season."

The Auburn University Official Athletic Site - Football
    When it was needed to point out a positive for his time at Iowa State

"I'm starting to think some Iowa fans heads are getting too big." -- Tigerhawk22

Addict
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 228
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 84

it may have been an auto roll-over at the end of the season for recruiting purposes, no financial incentive or change in buyout, just was to show recruits he would be here the entire time they were in school vs. a 3 year contract or something. I think that it's pretty common in the college contracts to do that.

Lost in Eastern Iowa
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93
    Given: 101

I call BS. They needed something about his 2 years at Iowa STate to look good. Other than an extension, the only positive from Iowa State was his victory over Bowl Bound Colorado. Weren't they 6-6 or something last year?

42-54 Record in CF Mafia. The most games played and wins by any player in Cyclone Fanatic History. Yes, I'm a nerd.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,068
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 16

I wonder if it was a "last minute" type deal from JP to try and get him to stay and finish what he said he would? Only thing I could think of that would prompt that....

"It is the nature of man to rise to greatness if greatness is expected of him."
    John Steinbeck

XBOXLive: MNclone
    PS3: JHudd23
    Twitter: JasonAH

All-Star
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by JHudd View Post
    I wonder if it was a "last minute" type deal from JP to try and get him to stay and finish what he said he would? Only thing I could think of that would prompt that....
    I highly doubt that

"These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it." - Charles Barkley

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,068
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 16

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal&Gold11 View Post
    I highly doubt that
    I do too but it is the only idea I can come up with right now where an extension would have even been mentioned. Even if something was built into the contract I don't think you could have sold it with the previous results.

"It is the nature of man to rise to greatness if greatness is expected of him."
    John Steinbeck

XBOXLive: MNclone
    PS3: JHudd23
    Twitter: JasonAH