Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I am an idiot (but proud one)

I was born a Hawkeye and am a Cyclone convert. Worst of all I am now passing this on to my three young sons. I must admit there are many days I wonder how I ended up like this and how I can get out of it. Ah, what the crap, I love being a Cyclone and hope some day they give me a reason to be proud to be one!!

All-Star
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 631
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: I am an idiot (but proud one)

Quote Originally Posted by bluehooper View Post
    I was born a Hawkeye and am a Cyclone convert. Worst of all I am now passing this on to my three young sons. I must admit there are many days I wonder how I ended up like this and how I can get out of it. Ah, what the crap, I love being a Cyclone and hope some day they give me a reason to be proud to be one!!
    Hooper, remember arguing with me the day GM was hired. Well, I know exactly how you feel today. I was a huge supporter of GC. I thought he would get this thing turned around. Instead after 5 wins and 19 losses including 10 in a row, he heads for greener pastures. I am beyond amazed. I thought this story was a farce when it first broke and now it is apparently a done deal.

I'll never stop "hoping" for better at ISU. I am realizing however that it is highly unlikely to ever happen for us.

URBCLONE

Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

I do remember. I still hope I am right someday!!! Right now you are looking a lot smarter than me!! Let's hope together that someday we can proudly say we are Cyclones!!

All-Star
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 631
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

I do remember. I still hope I am right someday!!! Right now you are looking a lot smarter than me!! Let's hope together that someday we can proudly say we are Cyclones!!
    Hooper, I agree. I still hope you turn out to be right too, but it isn't looking too hot right now. I am proud of my school. I am sick to see the way it gets treated like a dirty dish rag by people. Unfortunately, situations like this do nothing but cement the image in people's minds.

URBCLONE

All-Star
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,052
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 55

Same here... born a hawk, and converted in high school as I was preparing to go to ISU... Luckily for me, ISU turned the corner while I was at school 1999-2004 and I had a great time.

Lately I've really been bummed... I'd settle for even moderate success. The recent bottom dwelling and continuation of bad news after bad news is really bringing me down. At least Cy has a shot in the Mascot Challenge Finals.

I never liked JP. I though GC was a good hire, but I thought it was silly to get rid of McCarney, Wayne Morgan, and Bobby Douglas the way he did, within a year or so... (I'm glad we hired Cael, but Bobby Douglas didn't deserve to be let go). In any case, this all seams to be backfiring now... I'm really hoping Gmac can turn it around soon, cuz I can't take much more of this. Even the cyclone "hope" is starting to fade... We need a football hire that we can all rally around. I'm hoping that we get someone that is proven, with small school experience rather than a good ol' boy network.

By the way, Auburn probably has the second worst hire of the year after KSU and Bill Snyder. They could have had anyone, and went with Chizik, a guy who couldn't even muster 3 wins this year...