Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

ISU Football 2006 Customer Satisfaction Survey

Just received an email with a link to a satisfaction survey. Had some great questions in it. What did you like about the gameday changes this year (ie. blow-up caterpillar, tornado siren, Jeff Johnson leading cheers). One question was what can the Athletic Dept. do to get more Cyclone fans on board during the football season. I think billboards all around the state would have the best 'impression ratio' out of any form of media. Not ‘in your face’ billboards but billboards with McDermott, Chizik, and Sanderson (maybe Fennelly too) with a background of Hilton and The Trice. Gives me chills thinking about it...

I love this stuff. I can't say enough how much I appreciate what Jamie Pollard has done for the Cyclone Nation.

An excerpt from the survey ----

Dear Cyclone football fan:

As Iowa State begins preparations for the 2007 football season, we want you to know that we value your opinions and suggestions. Please spend a few minutes and complete an on-line customer satisfaction survey (see link below). We’d like to know what you liked and disliked regarding Iowa State football games at Jack Trice Stadium in 2006. As you know, we implemented many new initiatives during the 2006 football season based on your suggestions and input.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152

Re: ISU Football 2006 Customer Satisfaction Survey

I hope everyone that received a survey will respond to it and provide some real, honest feedback. The university wants and needs your opinions.

And don't be offended if you didn't get one. From what I gather, it was only sent out via e-mail to season ticket holders who have an e-mail address on file. So if you didn't get one, it's likely because...

- You're not a current season ticket holder
    - You didn't supply them with an e-mail address
    - You're e-mail address is invalid
    - The e-mail went to your spam folder.

I noticed some people ripping ISU because they didn't get the e-mail on a separate board and wanted to clear up the group it seems the e-mail was sent to.

Again, respond to the survey and provide feedback!

All-Star
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I just filled mine out. I am glad they are sending this to season ticket holders. I had a lot to say. I think they will learn a lot from this, if they didn't already know.

Pro
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

They must have sent some to buyers of single-game tickets because I got one.

All-Star
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 475
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Smile Re: ISU Football 2006 Customer Satisfaction Survey

The answer seems pretty simple to me - WIN. Not an easy thing to do I realize. But I find this survey little more than being a warm and fuzzy – window dressing for Wall Street kind of thing. When it all boils down to it, if you want to put more people in the stands provide a quality product. Everything else will follow suit.

Everything else about smoke, inflatable entries, music, standardized cheers, electronic scoreboards etc is secondary.

Although the restrooms and concessions stands do need a major overhaul.

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up

My suggestion at the end was to get rid of the cheer session before the game. I think it's embarassing...People will cheer when we see a better product on the field!

Starter
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 498
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Interesting, survey doesn't do alot for the alum that lives 1200 miles away. No, alum that live out of state don't buy season tickets, however they send money and belong to NCC. That being said JP has got to fill seats so it is valid, my e-mails with JP have been how to you market to us "out of State" folks. NCC membership sucks in the outlying area's of US. Look for a new marketing plan to build membership and get some bucks flowing............

where I live there are over 800 living alums and 5 NCC members..........

Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Just out of curiosity Lobo, what do you suggest that would make the NCC membership better for outlying areas? I live in West Des Moines, and don't know what I get that you don't. I too think that the NCC needs to really up it's image. I didn't even know there was a booster club for about 7 years after I graduated. And it's near impossible to find on Cyclones.com. One little icon and a menu link. IMO, that thing needs to be front and center, as it's the lifeline of the program.

I filled my survey out. The only thing I really had to say was the poor "gate management" getting out of the stadium early in the season. That the inflatable helment sucked. That the concession quality is iffy at best and that the scoreboard music coordinator needs to be fired. As a funny aside, did anyone catch the Chizik interview with Cotlar last week? They asked what kind of music he liked, so they could play it for the intro to a weekly interview in KXNO. He sheepishly admitted he likes ABBA and Neil Diamond.

Looks like "Sweet Caroline" could go from a momentum killing/time out song, to the song the team comes out on the field to.

All-Star
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyMac View Post
    As a funny aside, did anyone catch the Chizik interview with Cotlar last week? They asked what kind of music he liked, so they could play it for the intro to a weekly interview in KXNO. He sheepishly admitted he likes ABBA and Neil Diamond.

Looks like "Sweet Caroline" could go from a momentum killing/time out song, to the song the team comes out on the field to.
    Maybe on 4th and inches they can play "Take a Chance on Me" by ABBA. And then we can scrap "Sweet Caroline", unless we win and then they can play it for no other reason than to celebrate...

All-Star
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 711
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10

[quote=GoShow97;58223]The answer seems pretty simple to me - WIN. quote]

That's EXACTLY what I wrote on mine.
    Al Davis said it best..."Just win, baby."

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by loboclone View Post
    Interesting, survey doesn't do alot for the alum that lives 1200 miles away. No, alum that live out of state don't buy season tickets, however they send money and belong to NCC. That being said JP has got to fill seats so it is valid, my e-mails with JP have been how to you market to us "out of State" folks. NCC membership sucks in the outlying area's of US. Look for a new marketing plan to build membership and get some bucks flowing............

LoboClone:
    I live over 1600 miles from Ames, have season tickets and attend the games, so you don't speak for me. When I lived in Albuquerque, in the last decade, I didn't make it to all the games but most of them. Is Henry T still on the air? I fly into Omaha or KC rather than Des Moines because of the ticket cost differential, and the planes have many Nebraska fans coming from far away places. My guess is that when Chiz gets things hopping at ISU and we start winning some games that no one thinks ISU is capable of, fans from far away will find their way to Ames for games. The world loves a winner, and ISU is no exception to the rule. Win, and they will come, no matter the cost or distance.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 674
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 116

Quote Originally Posted by GoShow97 View Post
    The answer seems pretty simple to me - WIN. Not an easy thing to do I realize. But I find this survey little more than being a warm and fuzzy – window dressing for Wall Street kind of thing. When it all boils down to it, if you want to put more people in the stands provide a quality product. Everything else will follow suit.

Everything else about smoke, inflatable entries, music, standardized cheers, electronic scoreboards etc is secondary.

Although the restrooms and concessions stands do need a major overhaul.
    Wall Street thing....Smoke..Inflatables...Music..Standard Cheers..electronic scoreboards...SECONDARY!! I could not agree more. Yeah Concession Stands and Restrooms that can accommodate 55000 would also be a big help.

Quotes: Bob Devaney...The fans wont come until we WIN, then they will show up in droves!

Al Davis:Just WIN Baby Just WIN!!!!

Those quotes say it better than I ever could!!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 674
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 116

Quote Originally Posted by loboclone View Post

I Love Your Posts Lobo!!! Heck where I live their are a bunch of Alums who don't go to the games or give a dam dime to Iowa State. And get this Lobo, they live 25 minutes from Jack Trice Stadium!!!!

How pathetic is that? When someone like me who never spent a single hour in a classroom at ISU gives money and the alums give squat...well that sez it all doesnt it!!

All-Star
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 732
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I'm really impressed that this survey was made available to the fans and ticket holders. Was this sort of thing done under Gene Smith or BVDB? The evolution of ISU football reminds me of the birth of our country.... the forefathers squabbled and debated on how to best make this a great place... and although many fans have different opinions on Jack Trice regarding the development of new traditions, at least we are now hot on the topic in forums like this and we now have the leadership (Pollard) to take us to the next level and build a proud tradition.

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Starter
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 498
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CyBobby View Post
    I Love Your Posts Lobo!!! Heck where I live their are a bunch of Alums who don't go to the games or give a dam dime to Iowa State. And get this Lobo, they live 25 minutes from Jack Trice Stadium!!!!

How pathetic is that? When someone like me who never spent a single hour in a classroom at ISU gives money and the alums give squat...well that sez it all doesnt it!!
    If I lived 500 miles away I would be at every game, but 1200 miles is too much. I travel to away games K-state, Texas tech, Colo and was at UNLV in '99. Even got married right before 99 UNLV game and left for tailgate and game, one must keep ones priorities in order!

as for the fair weather non-clones, winning will help!