Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 62
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 57,204, Level: 74
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,346
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    djcubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    2,927
    Points
    57,204
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 123

    Are you guys frickin' serious???

    I normally stay away from the boards for a while after an ISU loss because I cannot stand all of the meltdown crap around here but today I could just not resist. ISU is 6-2 and people are posting around here like we have not won a game all year. ARE YOU FOR REAL???

    Both the football and basketball teams are young, and therefore are going to be inconsistent. Yes, last night we lost a game that we should have won. It's going to happen more than most people can handle this year. However, we are also probably going to beat a couple of teams that we shouldn't.

    This whole thing about calling for a coaches head, or even Pollards for that matter, after every loss is getting a little rediculous. My guess is that 99.9% of people on this board have never been a college coach in any sport and have no idea what it takes to build a winning program. Anyone that thought that GMac and Chiz were going to come in from day 1 and make us a national title contender in 5 years is smoking some bad stuff.

    Ok, I think I am settling down now...



  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 146,976, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cybsball20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    12,718
    Points
    146,976
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 34

    Re: Are you guys frickin' serious???

    I saw this meltdown coming in the betting threads...



    Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

    Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

    and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno

  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 41,832, Level: 63
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,118
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    HandSanitizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Central US
    Posts
    3,689
    Points
    41,832
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 1

    Re: Are you guys frickin' serious???

    Too bad Peterson didn't hit that 3 at the end. this board would be rockin and calling for 14-1 non conference record.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 79,297, Level: 87
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 853
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    huntt26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    po' dUnk
    Posts
    7,956
    Points
    79,297
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 221
    Given: 46

    Re: Are you guys frickin' serious???

    Quote Originally Posted by HandSanitizer View Post
    Too bad Peterson didn't hit that 3 at the end. this board would be rockin and calling for 14-1 non conference record.
    Or Brackins knocking down both free throws.

    oh well, beat Iowa



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 61,609, Level: 76
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyinCo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    5,450
    Points
    61,609
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 0

    Re: Are you guys frickin' serious???

    Yep, people need to just let it go. We lost a tough game we shouldn't have. Almost all of our games are going to be like this. They are going to come down to the wire and if we can stay focused and play tough, we'll win. If we stumble and play foolish like last night, we'll lose.


    ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

    Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 30,483, Level: 53
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 367
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    tube1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,020
    Points
    30,483
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 15

    Re: Are you guys frickin' serious???

    Man, what did true fans do before Al Gore invented the internet message board?


    Quote Originally Posted by 2020cy View Post
    I agree with Tube1.
    Sweeeeeeet...

  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 119,303, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,767
    Points
    119,303
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Are you guys frickin' serious???

    I think we should leave the Big 12 and go to the MVC conf....wait!

    Ok, ok. Let's cancel summer leagues, they have to be the problem.

    While we're at it, let's fire the coach, the AD, the university president, and his secretary. Then let's tear down Hilton cause the magic is dead.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 156,991, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Palmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Johnston, IA
    Posts
    7,915
    Points
    156,991
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 6

    Re: Are you guys frickin' serious???

    Quote Originally Posted by cys_av8r View Post
    I think we should leave the Big 12 and go to the MVC conf....wait!

    Ok, ok. Let's cancel summer leagues, they have to be the problem.

    While we're at it, let's fire the coach, the AD, the university president, and his secretary. Then let's tear down Hilton cause the magic is dead.

    that secretary.

    she is the real culprit!

    get calling Manpower Knownothin!


    Carrying the banner for ISU.


  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 57,204, Level: 74
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,346
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    djcubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    2,927
    Points
    57,204
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 123

    Re: Are you guys frickin' serious???

    Quote Originally Posted by cys_av8r View Post
    I think we should leave the Big 12 and go to the MVC conf....wait!
    Let's not, I'm not too crazy about our record with MVC teams



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 126,837, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    tim_redd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    7,471
    Points
    126,837
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 150
    Given: 76

    Re: Are you guys frickin' serious???

    If we moved to the MVC we might never win a game...



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 406,135, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    60,551
    Points
    406,135
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 796
    Given: 528

    Re: Are you guys frickin' serious???

    We did lose to the #93 best team in the land per sagarin.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  12. #12
    Walk On
    Points: 7,053, Level: 25
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 497
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Iowa City
    Posts
    127
    Points
    7,053
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Are you guys frickin' serious???

    Quote Originally Posted by djcubby View Post
    I normally stay away from the boards for a while after an ISU loss because I cannot stand all of the meltdown crap around here but today I could just not resist. ISU is 6-2 and people are posting around here like we have not won a game all year. ARE YOU FOR REAL???

    Both the football and basketball teams are young, and therefore are going to be inconsistent. Yes, last night we lost a game that we should have won. It's going to happen more than most people can handle this year. However, we are also probably going to beat a couple of teams that we shouldn't.

    This whole thing about calling for a coaches head, or even Pollards for that matter, after every loss is getting a little rediculous. My guess is that 99.9% of people on this board have never been a college coach in any sport and have no idea what it takes to build a winning program. Anyone that thought that GMac and Chiz were going to come in from day 1 and make us a national title contender in 5 years is smoking some bad stuff.

    Ok, I think I am settling down now...



  13. #13
    All-Star
    Points: 26,868, Level: 50
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 682
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cyco2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,192
    Points
    26,868
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 5

    Re: Are you guys frickin' serious???

    What should the response be after losing to Drake 3 years in a row?



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 211,794, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyDude16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Heads in the sky
    Posts
    9,786
    Points
    211,794
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 349
    Given: 1,272

    Re: Are you guys frickin' serious???

    i just saved 15% on my car insurance thanks to GEICO



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 119,303, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,767
    Points
    119,303
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Are you guys frickin' serious???

    Quote Originally Posted by cyco2000 View Post
    What should the response be after losing to Drake 3 years in a row?
    Sitting down. Relaxing. Take a deep breath.

    DRAKE HAS BEEN A GREAT TEAM THE LAST FEW YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    WHAT THE HELL DO YOU PEOPLE WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Ok, I am done in this thread and all other idiotic meltdown threads.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. West Virginia
  • November 29, 2014
  • 11:00 AM