Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Paging Mr. Clark!!

Where is the supposed leadership and production from Mr. Clark that McD said would happen this year? 3 points was an off-night kind of game last year for him and now has become a regular occurence. What is going on!? Take the ball out of Taylor's hands (we know the opponents do, 48 TO's in 8 games) and give it to Clark.

Rookie
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 397
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 5

Re: Paging Mr. Clark!!

Clark is not a take charge player dont know if u can create that in a player

Rookie
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Clark will grow into the leadership possition. After two seasons of being the outlet man to Blalock and Stinson, he needs to work his way into the leadership role. He is a smart young man, and he will be the leader of this team.

"If it was easy, someone else would have done it already." ISU Director of Athletics Jamie Pollard

All-Star
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

You can be an emotional and vocal leader, which he may develop into, but it is difficult to take over a game like we would like to seem him do when you can't create your own shot. I love Rashon, but he won't reach the potential of his athletism, until/if he can develop the skills to create off the dribble. As a 3, if you can't create off the dribble and teams are in your face they can take you out of the game.

All-Star
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 22

Quote Originally Posted by JCloned View Post
    You can be an emotional and vocal leader, which he may develop into, but it is difficult to take over a game like we would like to seem him do when you can't create your own shot. I love Rashon, but he won't reach the potential of his athletism, until/if he can develop the skills to create off the dribble. As a 3, if you can't create off the dribble and teams are in your face they can take you out of the game.

Agree 100%. Rashon getting the ball more is not the answer unless he can develop his ball handling skills more.

'00 Grad
    "Can I borrow your towel, my car just hit a water buffalo" Erwin Fletcher

Recruit
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 496
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2

As bad as the game was to be at last night. I was impressed with him and W. Johnson on the rebounds they were getting. I think they ended with a combined 20 rebounds.

Turnovers is what is killing this team. If the coach can reduce the turnovers I don't think this team will be that bad to watch. Hopefully this can be corrected through coaching.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Also ... both Clark and W Johnson had a bunch of blocked shots. Man! they sure are both quick leapers!

Walk On Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by PlymouthCy View Post
    Clark will grow into the leadership possition. After two seasons of being the outlet man to Blalock and Stinson, he needs to work his way into the leadership role. He is a smart young man, and he will be the leader of this team.
    I don't see how he will. He is to passive of a player. Not vocal enough and his play on the court is not going to do it. People are exactly right with his dribbling. There was only one time last night in which he dribbled more than one time. And it was twice!! And he got rid of the ball so fast it was like dribbling a ball is a sin. All Rahshon does on the offensive end is stand at the 3 point line and call for the ball and grab a couple offensive boards a game. He needs to refine his game and untap that ability

Recruit
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 180
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

We will be better by seasons end. Clark will be a true leader by the end of the season.

Walk On Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by m7nick View Post
    We will be better by seasons end. Clark will be a true leader by the end of the season.
    How can he be a true leader when he doesn't talk? Doesn't provide us with any kind of offensive threat! You could guard him. He stands at the 3 point line and doesn't move. I love Rahshon, but Rahshon and leader should not be used in the same sentence. He is a role player. An athletic guy who grabs some boards. There is nothing wrong with that and every team needs that. Rahshon would be great on a lot of teams but this teams needs a go to guy that can protect the ball. He is not going to be that.

Starter Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Rashon is a basketball player that cannot create his own shot. Unless his ballhandling improves dramatically we are only going to get what we have been getting. A standstill three point shooter and a guy who gives who 8-9 rebounds a night.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 55.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,287
    Given: 631

Quote Originally Posted by hursts View Post
    Rashon is a basketball player that cannot create his own shot. Unless his ballhandling improves dramatically we are only going to get what we have been getting. A standstill three point shooter and a guy who gives who 8-9 rebounds a night.
    I don't see anything wrong with that. Some people might be expecting the second coming of Jeff Grayer, but Rashon just has a different skill set. He has a great attitude which would be an asset to any team.

Starter Achievements:

Thumbs Up

I agree, he is what he is, and there is nothing wrong with that. I just think people thought he was going to be a totally different type of player because of his athletic ability. His rebounding is very solid, defense if getting better every game. His attitude seems great, just not going to ever be an explosive take it to the hole kind of player.

Walk On Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with that. Some people might be expecting the second coming of Jeff Grayer, but Rashon just has a different skill set. He has a great attitude which would be an asset to any team.
    There is nothing wrong with that. I really think that Rahshon Clark could start on just about any team in the country. The reason? He is a great role player. He hits the occasional 3, is scrappy, grabs offensive rebounds, and he a team player. His athletic skills speak for themselves. I think what many ISU fans are asking for, is for him to step up b/c we need a go to guy. Sad fact is that he is not that guy. He can't create his own shot. That is why he had better offensive numbers last year. He was able to play side kick to will and stinson and have some put backs and hit some 3's.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 345

Well, well. Lack of a true leader hurts this team. Will and Curtis are gone. Lack of a true leader on football hurt the team. Blythe may have been it but he misses too many games. Bret is too quiet. Rashon is too quiet. Guess we need to recruit a Bobby Knight fire and brimstone leader to kick butt in the games. Could have used one for the Iowa wrestling meet also. Need some fire to stir the team. Against Iowa bball, a think we gave up 13 straight points when Iowa was not playing well. Hard to do. Lools like McD (observing sideline) has no answers for his motley crue. This is WM ball all over again.

Last edited by Wesley; 12-09-2006 at 03:10 PM.
    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.