Pro Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Wolves Fire Coach

McHale to take over as head coach. What kind of pictures does this guy have of the owner of the T-Pups that keeps him his job? It is unbelievable. Maybe it's not the coaches fault. Maybe the GM has run this team into the ground.

"Profanity is the Crutch of Inarticulate Mother ****ers"
    The Wall in the Bathroom at People's

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 1

Re: Wolves Fire Coach

Time for Freddy to step up.

Addict
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 50

Quote Originally Posted by isucyfan View Post
    Time for Freddy to step up.
    Yeah but Freddy is McHale's right-hand man. So, has he been learning much, except what not to do?

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Tornado man View Post
    Yeah but Freddy is McHale's right-hand man. So, has he been learning much, except what not to do?
    I've had bosses in the past that have shown me the wrong way to do things.

That can be a learning experience, too.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 742
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

It should be McHale who gets fired. He spent most of his career failing to surround KG with enough talent, and hasn't made much in the way of intelligent decisions since.

Seneca Wallace.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

My paper this morning reported that McHale did not want to return to the bench, in part because people have been heckling during games by shouting, "Mayo, Roy", referring to the two good players McHale drafted and traded.

Pro
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CyGuy33 View Post
    McHale to take over as head coach. What kind of pictures does this guy have of the owner of the T-Pups that keeps him his job? It is unbelievable. Maybe it's not the coaches fault. Maybe the GM has run this team into the ground.

Here is the way the T-Wolves are being run:
    1. Glen Taylor (the owner) doesn't know anything about basketball (understandable as most owners do not).
    2. Glen Taylor believes Kevin McHale knows a lot about basketball (which to be fair, McHale is one of the best post players in the history of the game)
    3. McHale is in a position of trying to do too much. I think he has so much pride and so much confidence that he can turn the team around that he's willing to go to any measure.
      1. A lot of the coaching moves were trying to do a short term fix
      2. A lot of the trades was to "try to mix it up" in hopes something would change
      3. The draft picks
        1. I don't understand passing up on Roy
        2. McHale feel in love with Kevin Love the person more than O.J Mayo the person. He wanted to have the guy he liked on the team.
      4. If McHale could step back and take away personal biases, he would see what he's doing to the team. He's just too stubborn and has too much emotion in some guys to make the best business decisions for the franchise
    4. Glen Taylor sees above and continues to believe in McHale. Taylor really doesn't know any better.
    5. I think Freddie realizes a lot of what's going on. At the same time I think he's learning. I know Freddie was big on Mayo and wanted to keep him. The problem is that Freddie isn't running the show, and he's a company guy so he will defend the organization. To be fair, the Wolves reviatlized his career as he had some of his best years. Had the Wolves not made an offer, he would've been playing overseas, so I think Freddie is loyal to a point with the Wolves.
    6. Glen Taylor has said in the past that he is comfortable with the idea of having Freddie run the team as GM. I'm not sure if Freddie has aspirations at this point to coach a NBA team though.
    7. I agree that McHale is the problem. There's too much loyality in that organization to do anything about it. Perhaps something will happen that will tick off Taylor and he will make a move.

I don't drink the Kool-Aid, and I am done making excuses. Only keeping it real...

Prospect
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

The T-Wolves are one of the worst run sport franchises in history. Here is just a list of some of the moves that have made the T-Wolves one of the worst teams in no particular order.
    1. T-Wolves sign Joe Smith under the table and end up losing 3 1st round draft picks.
    2. Trade Kevin Garnett to Boston for 5 players from a last place team. Al Jefferson is good but might not be good enough on defense to be a cornerstone to build around.
    3. Draft Brandon Roy and trade him for Foye and a million bucks.
    4. Trade Sam Cassell and a 1st round pick for Marko Jaric and sign Marko to a 48 million dollar contract.
    5. Sign Mike James for 30 Million Dollars.
    6. Draft Mayo and trade him and Jaric for Kevin Love and Mike Miller. Mayo looks like a star and Love looks like a great role player but not a star.
    7. Fire Dwayne Casey after going 20-20 and claiming the team is to inconsistent, replace him with Wittman who goes 12-30 for the rest of the season which was good enough to let him coach the next season.
    8. Draft Mario Chalmers and trade him to Miami for 2 million dollars when the team needs all the young promissing guards it can get.
    The list just goes on and on.

Rookie
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Hopefully, Sam Mitchell is the new coach next year with Hoiberg taking over as GM.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 672
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 11

Quote Originally Posted by juskr View Post
    The T-Wolves are one of the worst run sport franchises in history. Here is just a list of some of the moves that have made the T-Wolves one of the worst teams in no particular order.
    1. T-Wolves sign Joe Smith under the table and end up losing 3 1st round draft picks.
    2. Trade Kevin Garnett to Boston for 5 players from a last place team. Al Jefferson is good but might not be good enough on defense to be a cornerstone to build around.
    3. Draft Brandon Roy and trade him for Foye and a million bucks.
    4. Trade Sam Cassell and a 1st round pick for Marko Jaric and sign Marko to a 48 million dollar contract.
    5. Sign Mike James for 30 Million Dollars.
    6. Draft Mayo and trade him and Jaric for Kevin Love and Mike Miller. Mayo looks like a star and Love looks like a great role player but not a star.
    7. Fire Dwayne Casey after going 20-20 and claiming the team is to inconsistent, replace him with Wittman who goes 12-30 for the rest of the season which was good enough to let him coach the next season.
    8. Draft Mario Chalmers and trade him to Miami for 2 million dollars when the team needs all the young promissing guards it can get.
    The list just goes on and on.
    They started down the road of botched player transactions with their very first move when the team was formed. They selected Rick Mahorn from the bad boy Pistons with their first pick in the expansion draft. He subsequently refused to sign with them and they were forced to trade him for less than adequate return value. They had counted on Mahorn to be their presence in the paint. When he thumbed his nose at them, it led to the series of worthless stiff centers that they drafted in their early years.

Recruit
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 392
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Sounds like this is a permanent "demotion" for McHale. I would expect Fred to be taking over the management role.

All-Star
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 840
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

The wolves suck and will continue to suck as long as McHale is there

"These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it." - Charles Barkley