Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 64

Bernstein

Just a side note from the game tonight: Jordan Bernstein was there along with a lot of other recruits and he seemed kinda uninterested, except when the dance team paraded out in front of me... but otherwise he was on his cell phone the whole time?!!??

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 551
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

Re: Bernstein

I can understand him being uninterested.

The second half of that game was nearly unwatchable.

Recruit Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Let him be a Hawkeye, There is one thing I can't stand is some punk-a** Senior that thinks he's a GOD ... He might be a decent kid, and I hope he does well where ever he ends up at, but put the cell phone away, get to meet the other recruits, show respect, and on a side note, I bet Coach Chizek will change the entire Football team's attitude for the better..HITMAN

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 506
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    Let him be a Hawkeye, There is one thing I can't stand is some punk-a** Senior that thinks he's a GOD ... He might be a decent kid, and I hope he does well where ever he ends up at, but put the cell phone away, get to meet the other recruits, show respect, and on a side note, I bet Coach Chizek will change the entire Football team's attitude for the better..HITMAN

Would you be complaining if I told you the person he was talking to on the phone was Chizik?

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 135
    Given: 256

If that's the case, then by all means, chat away!

All-Star
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 651
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24

I didn't see it, but there's a rumor that when the Iowa student section was chanting "come to iowa" at last night's game, Bernstein gave them a quick thumbs up. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 644

Insead of bernstine I would rather have a Troy Davis or a Bert Dobbins from down south or how about Ellis Hobbs from Texas.

Let old bernstine be a squawkeye, Chizik will look elsewhere for better D-1 Talent.

Walk On Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CyBobby View Post
    Insead of bernstine I would rather have a Troy Davis or a Bert Dobbins from down south or how about Ellis Hobbs from Texas.

Let old bernstine be a squawkeye, Chizik will look elsewhere for better D-1 Talent.
    Better D1 talent than someone who is ranked the 6th best safety in the country? Who you kiddin? The kid is getting recruited by all the top schools. Chizik isn't going to be able to just walk in here and get many better recruits than Bernstine. By the way who is Bert Dobbins?

Side not Bernstine out classed everyone when he went to the Nike camps. If you look at his times he was the best of the best. But yeah ISU is too good for him. Let's get someone better. RIIIGHT

Recruit Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Bernstine is a very good player and ISU would definately have use for him.(Our safeties were some of the worst in the league) The kid has phenomanal speed and would be a good fit for the cover 2. I also am friends with someone that has coached Jordan and says he is a very pleasant kid. If you are around kids that age you would know that 95% of them think they need to be on their cell phone constantly. Lets not tag on kids that have done nothing to induce it.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by seneca4MVP View Post
    Better D1 talent than someone who is ranked the 6th best safety in the country? Who you kiddin? The kid is getting recruited by all the top schools. Chizik isn't going to be able to just walk in here and get many better recruits than Bernstine. By the way who is Bert Dobbins?

Side not Bernstine out classed everyone when he went to the Nike camps. If you look at his times he was the best of the best. But yeah ISU is too good for him. Let's get someone better. RIIIGHT
    I don't care how great bernstine is or how great he looked at some nike camp.

The bottom line is the guy wants to be a squawkeye so let him! If most iowa kids dont want to be cyclones its fine with me. Get over it and go someplace in this country where you can get D-1 talent and get on with winning a conference championship.

Stop drooling over kids from iowa who want to be hawks and start thinking about other better talent around the country!!

Walk On Achievements:

Thumbs Up

The bottom line is the guy wants to be a squawkeye so let him! If most iowa kids dont want to be cyclones its fine with me. Get over it and go someplace in this country where you can get D-1 talent and get on with winning a conference championship.

Stop drooling over kids from iowa who want to be hawks and start thinking about other better talent around the country!!
    You just don't get it do you? There is not any better talent out there than Bernstine. He is one of the top players in the country. And who says he wants to be a Hawkeye? I have not heard him committ there yet. If he loved the Hawkeyes so much he would have committed there 4 months ago. The kid is top of the line D1 talent.

Your "dumb" arguement makes it sound like if Bernstine was in the state of Texas and was the same player we need to be all over this guy! We need a BERT Dobbins! Well its Tim Dobbins and he was a LB, Hobbs was a corner, and Davis was a RB. None of which are the same position as what Bernstine plays which is safety. O by the way one of the best safeties we have had in a while was from Iowa. Nik Moser. There is talent in the state. Let's get it

All-Star
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 9

Exclamation Re: Bernstein

CyBob - I'd like to respectfully disagree with your position on this matter! Bernstine didn't want anything to do with the previous administration, hence ISU is way behind in attempting to recruit him (and possibly won't be able to get in the race). Even so, in my humble opinion, he may be the single most important recruiting approach Gene Chizik makes this year! Chizik said he intends to make in-state recruiting a priority; does it make sense for him to write-off the consensus #1 recruit in the state? Get this kid to change his mind now and it'll make it easier to recruit against Captain Kirk in years to come.

Second and even more important, did you see the safeties that ISU trotted onto the field this past season? If not, I'll post the statistics for you! Caleb Berg may be a fine special teams performer, but he had no INT's and only three "break-ups" all season! I don't know how many passes were thrown his way, but it was a significant number! If the #1 recruit in your home state also happens to fill a major hole in your team, you've got to go after him with both guns blazin'.

ISU Defensive Statistics from cyclone.com
    2006 Cyclone Football
    Iowa State Overall Defensive Statistics (as of Nov 18, 2006)
    All games

|--------Tackles--------| |-Sacks-| |---Pass Def---| |-Fumbles-| Blkd
    DEFENSIVE LEADERS GP Solo Ast Total TFL/Yds No-Yds Int-Yds BrUp QBH Rcv-Yds FF Kick Saf
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    15 Bowen,Alvin 12 92 63 155 5.0-10 1.0-6 1-22 3 1 1-0 1 . .
    17 McKenzie,Tyrone 12 58 71 129 9.5-32 2.0-14 1-17 3 1 . 4 . 1
    1B Banks,Jon 12 57 42 99 2.0-3 . . 6 . 1-0 1 . .
    21 Berg,Caleb 12 41 35 76 0.5-0 . . 3 . 2-0

(Ok - insertion of the stats didn't work; but you know where to go find them!) :)

Last edited by iccyfan; 12-09-2006 at 12:45 PM.
    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,123
    Given: 1,011

All a kid has to do is visit the Iowa campus, and all of a sudden it's time to rip on him and Iowa kids in general?

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by seneca4MVP View Post
    You just don't get it do you? There is not any better talent out there than Bernstine. He is one of the top players in the country. And who says he wants to be a Hawkeye? I have not heard him committ there yet. If he loved the Hawkeyes so much he would have committed there 4 months ago. The kid is top of the line D1 talent.

Your "dumb" arguement makes it sound like if Bernstine was in the state of Texas and was the same player we need to be all over this guy! We need a BERT Dobbins! Well its Tim Dobbins and he was a LB, Hobbs was a corner, and Davis was a RB. None of which are the same position as what Bernstine plays which is safety. O by the way one of the best safeties we have had in a while was from Iowa. Nik Moser. There is talent in the state. Let's get it

I will enlighten you: Who says Bernstine wants to be a hawkeye?...His coach on Larry Cotlar's show on KxNO thats who!

The exact quote went something like "He(bernstine) wants to stay close to home so he is going to the University of Iowa" His mother wants him to stay close to home so that is why he chose the University of Iowa!!

Why don't YOU call his coach at Lincoln and get verification?

Starter Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

I will enlighten you: Who says Bernstine wants to be a hawkeye?...His coach on Larry Cotlar's show on KxNO thats who!

The exact quote went something like "He(bernstine) wants to stay close to home so he is going to the University of Iowa" His mother wants him to stay close to home so that is why he chose the University of Iowa!!

Why don't YOU call his coach at Lincoln and get verification?
    Why don't YOU get your facts straight, he hasn't chose Iowa and in my humble opinion probaly won't! Not saying he is going to chose ISU, but some big name schools are after him and i doubt he will be a Hawkeye or a Cyclone.