Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 47,671, Level: 67
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 679
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    wesley_w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Posts
    1,629
    Points
    47,671
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 0

    60 meter times for football players

    Here were the 60 times for the three members of the football team that competed in the track meet this weekend.

    Wallace Franklin 6.95 and 6.92
    Allen Bell 7.01 and 7.00
    Bo Williams 7.13

    Also Justin Peel from the track team ran 6.97 and 7.00 although I think he is a 200 meter man normally.

    Also, a 7.00 60 would translate to a 4.67 40 but really would be slower than that because the first 40 meters includes the start.


    Iowa State Football Photos from the past
    http://photos.winterinkphotography.com/p928725649

  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 65,284, Level: 79
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,166
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyinCo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    5,433
    Points
    65,284
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 0

    Re: 60 meter times for football players

    Hmmm...Wallace is fast. So why doesn't he play?


    ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

    Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

  3. #3
    Walk On
    Points: 9,756, Level: 29
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Ia
    Posts
    196
    Points
    9,756
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: 60 meter times for football players

    Quote Originally Posted by wesley_w View Post
    Here were the 60 times for the three members of the football team that competed in the track meet this weekend.

    Wallace Franklin 6.95 and 6.92
    Allen Bell 7.01 and 7.00
    Bo Williams 7.13

    Also Justin Peel from the track team ran 6.97 and 7.00 although I think he is a 200 meter man normally.

    Also, a 7.00 60 would translate to a 4.67 40 but really would be slower than that because the first 40 meters includes the start.

    actually bo's time translates to a 4.35 forty time since 60 meters is equal to 65.6167 yards so using this equation of
    7.13*40 / 65.6167 = fast

    that means franklin ran a 4.22 = very fast



  4. #4
    Rookie
    Points: 10,506, Level: 30
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    ktoddcyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Columbus Junction, IA
    Posts
    516
    Points
    10,506
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: 60 meter times for football players

    What's Franklin play?


    "Whoever said it doesn't matter if you win or lose probably lost."

  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 65,284, Level: 79
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,166
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyinCo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    5,433
    Points
    65,284
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 0

    Re: 60 meter times for football players

    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheclones View Post
    actually bo's time translates to a 4.35 forty time since 60 meters is equal to 65.6167 yards so using this equation of
    7.13*40 / 65.6167 = fast

    that means franklin ran a 4.22 = very fast

    Right. Agree, you need to take into account meters versus yards.

    But, you also can't just prorate the time by the distance. The time isn't linear. The beginning is the slowest.


    ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

    Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 164,824, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Stewo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    6,975
    Points
    164,824
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 193
    Given: 50

    Re: 60 meter times for football players

    So, Bo's 40 would be ~4.45 then? I know he's a burner. Can't wait to see him take the field next year.



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 47,671, Level: 67
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 679
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    wesley_w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Posts
    1,629
    Points
    47,671
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 0

    Re: 60 meter times for football players

    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheclones View Post
    actually bo's time translates to a 4.35 forty time since 60 meters is equal to 65.6167 yards so using this equation of
    7.13*40 / 65.6167 = fast

    that means franklin ran a 4.22 = very fast

    oops, thanks for fixing that.


    Iowa State Football Photos from the past
    http://photos.winterinkphotography.com/p928725649

  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 32,417, Level: 55
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 633
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ISUclones33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,247
    Points
    32,417
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: 60 meter times for football players

    I was disappointed that Wallace never really got any love, he never really made it out of the dog house, was set to come back against KU and then hurt his shoulder, and never saw the field. Would have been a terrific deep threat, I wanted him to also try for a red shirt, but the staff doesnt really want him back next season.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 187,705, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    kingcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Menlo, Iowa
    Posts
    17,371
    Points
    187,705
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 143
    Given: 91

    Re: 60 meter times for football players

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUclones33 View Post
    I was disappointed that Wallace never really got any love, he never really made it out of the dog house, was set to come back against KU and then hurt his shoulder, and never saw the field. Would have been a terrific deep threat, I wanted him to also try for a red shirt, but the staff doesnt really want him back next season.
    There seems to be a lot of decent players in that dog house that never get out, even after they take their punishmet. Whats up with that?


    The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM