Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 8,786, Level: 28
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 564
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    EZpickins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Posts
    338
    Points
    8,786
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    More Quotes from Coach Brands

    I found this article about the ISU-Iowa Meet at Rev Wrestling Article - Morningstar's victory helps propel Iowa over Iowa State

    One quote in particular stood out to me...

    "Coaching error big time," said Brands of his decision to go with Slaton over Dennis. "I went with the guy who had done it before. Actually, Dan Dennis warned me about that earlier in the week. He caught me in the shower and we talked pretty one-on-one about it. If Daniel Dennis would have made that call, he would have been the guy."

    Hmmm...pretty intimate relationship with his athletes to say the least.


    Comingtoyaaaahaaa!!

  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 213,751, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    SplitIdentity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    8,064
    Points
    213,751
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 96
    Given: 13

    Re: More Quotes from Coach Brands

    Quote Originally Posted by EZpickins View Post
    I found this article about the ISU-Iowa Meet at Rev Wrestling Article - Morningstar's victory helps propel Iowa over Iowa State

    One quote in particular stood out to me...

    "Coaching error big time," said Brands of his decision to go with Slaton over Dennis. "I went with the guy who had done it before. Actually, Dan Dennis warned me about that earlier in the week. He caught me in the shower and we talked pretty one-on-one about it. If Daniel Dennis would have made that call, he would have been the guy."

    Hmmm...pretty intimate relationship with his athletes to say the least.
    I actually laughed a little bit at that too.

    Although, I'd like to see anybody go up to Brands and tell him that they think his relationships with his athletes are "too intimate."


    The artist formerly known as SouthernHawk

  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 33,855, Level: 56
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 395
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ISU4ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,587
    Points
    33,855
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 10

    Re: More Quotes from Coach Brands

    I wonder what "one-on-one" means .

    First professors now the wrestling coach?

    Actual conversation:

    TB : "Son you want to wrestle tomorrow?"

    DD : "Yes sir Mr. Brands."

    TB : "Well son you need to ..........."

    DD : "No thanks coach. I do not want to wrestle that bad."



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 36,693, Level: 59
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,157
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Clonegrad07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,402
    Points
    36,693
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 16

    Re: More Quotes from Coach Brands

    Quote Originally Posted by ISU4ME View Post
    I wonder what "one-on-one" means .

    First professors now the wrestling coach?

    Actual conversation:

    TB : "Son you want to wrestle tomorrow?"

    DD : "Yes sir Mr. Brands."

    TB : "Well son you need to ..........."

    DD : "No thanks coach. I do not want to wrestle that bad."

    HAHA...

    Hawks suck.



  5. #5
    Bench Warmer
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    292
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: More Quotes from Coach Brands

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonegrad07 View Post
    HAHA...

    Hawks suck.
    and still better than you it seems...has to hurt!



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 20,053, Level: 43
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 697
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Cardinal&Gold11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Posts
    1,861
    Points
    20,053
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

    Re: More Quotes from Coach Brands

    that was a pretty amusing quote from him


    "These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it." - Charles Barkley

  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 20,565, Level: 43
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Crete, NE
    Posts
    1,401
    Points
    20,565
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: More Quotes from Coach Brands

    Whatever, they went with their best guy and NF crushed him. I think the Hawks are in trouble at that weight. NF barely lost last year to Slaton and he has passed him bye this year.



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 35,441, Level: 57
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    ic
    Posts
    1,856
    Points
    35,441
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: More Quotes from Coach Brands

    I can't but if anybody Tivo'ed the wrestling meet.

    If so, there was a point at the end of the match when Fanthorpe was about to beat Slaton. Slaton was on all fours and trying to crawl out of bounds. Fanthorpe stood up grabbed Slatons legs and pulled him back in bounds while Slatons belly was on the ground and his arms were stretched out forward helplessly trying to reach the out of bounds. I don't know how it looked on TV but it was awesome. If someone has the meet they should put that on YouTube.


    Kinnick smells like syrup.

  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 20,363, Level: 43
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 387
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    hobbsfan27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Muscatine
    Posts
    1,575
    Points
    20,363
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: More Quotes from Coach Brands

    All Brands is , is annoying.



  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 407,702, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,648
    Points
    407,702
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 566
    Given: 268

    Re: More Quotes from Coach Brands

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUboi12 View Post
    I can't but if anybody Tivo'ed the wrestling meet.

    If so, there was a point at the end of the match when Fanthorpe was about to beat Slaton. Slaton was on all fours and trying to crawl out of bounds. Fanthorpe stood up grabbed Slatons legs and pulled him back in bounds while Slatons belly was on the ground and his arms were stretched out forward helplessly trying to reach the out of bounds. I don't know how it looked on TV but it was awesome. If someone has the meet they should put that on YouTube.
    I noticed that too and it looked hilarious on TV. It was like somebody was dragging him to the electric chair and he didn't want to go.


    When Prepared, Fear No One.

  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 23,808, Level: 47
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 742
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    illinoiscyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,704
    Points
    23,808
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: More Quotes from Coach Brands

    fanny took it to slaton, but that cant be the same slaton who was national runner up last year. something is wrong with him. i have a feeling he wouldnt major dennis as easily, tho he can definitely major him.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 181,189, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Marshalltown
    Posts
    9,956
    Points
    181,189
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 121

    Re: More Quotes from Coach Brands

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUboi12 View Post
    I can't but if anybody Tivo'ed the wrestling meet.

    If so, there was a point at the end of the match when Fanthorpe was about to beat Slaton. Slaton was on all fours and trying to crawl out of bounds. Fanthorpe stood up grabbed Slatons legs and pulled him back in bounds while Slatons belly was on the ground and his arms were stretched out forward helplessly trying to reach the out of bounds. I don't know how it looked on TV but it was awesome. If someone has the meet they should put that on YouTube.
    And the ref didn't call stalling



  13. #13
    Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    524
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: More Quotes from Coach Brands

    how can brands who is so dumb out coach sanderson everytime?



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 181,189, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Marshalltown
    Posts
    9,956
    Points
    181,189
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 121

    Re: More Quotes from Coach Brands

    Quote Originally Posted by troyrew View Post
    how can brands who is so dumb out coach sanderson everytime?
    A smart coach would have put in Dennis instead of Slaton. The win had nothing to do with coaching and everything to do with home meet advantage. They are dead even right now even with Brands' two teams in one. In Ames, ISU wins.



  15. #15
    Rookie
    Points: 20,062, Level: 43
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    cgwarrior33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    529
    Points
    20,062
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: More Quotes from Coach Brands

    Quote Originally Posted by illinoiscyclone View Post
    fanny took it to slaton, but that cant be the same slaton who was national runner up last year. something is wrong with him. i have a feeling he wouldnt major dennis as easily, tho he can definitely major him.
    From what I have heard is that Slaton is having trouble making weight. He didn't start cutting soon enough in the season and is now paying for it. He looked extremely zapped at the end of the match. Unfortunate for someone who was a national runner-up last year.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM