Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 50

Honestly, 6-3 is what I expected

I'm as disappointed to see us get our ***** kicked by the dark side as anyone, but at the risk of sounding pretentious, I'm not too surprised and I thought this would be our record at this time of the year. I didn't expect us to beat Minnesota on the road but I didn't also didn't expect to lose to Drake in Hilton either. However, I would take 6-3 with this kind of team anytime.

Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers.....that and lack of defense tonight are what killed us. I know Marsden doesn't fill up a stat sheet much, but I don't think it's just coincidence that we're 0-3 with him out of the lineup. I think he is our best interior defensive player and might be the most fundamentally sound too. I hope he gets well soon.

I want to see Corey McIntosh do well, but right now I'm not sure I know what he brings to the team. I would like to see Dunson start against Savannah State. Next Saturday against Bradley will be a huge game for this team and program. Win, and we're back on track confidence wise and improvement wise. Lose, and it will take us just that much longer to get to were we want to be. For me, this season is all about improvement from game to game. The season is still young.

Recruit
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Honestly, 6-3 is what I expected

Couldn't agree with you more - turnovers KILLED us tonight. Granted, the competition wasn't as great, but it seems like we took care of the ball better the first six games. I hope at some point they will start listening to GMAC and slow down and not force things when the play isn't there. I too just hope to see improvement from game to game, but haven't seen much in these last three games.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 19

Honestly, I think JUCO's are a crapshoot most of the time. You sign them up and hope for the best. As someone mentioned in a different thread earlier this week, they usually come from run-and-gun JC's where there isn't much emphasis on taking care of the ball and playing defense.

I think we've seen what Taylor and McIntosh are going to be like, and I don't expect much improvement from them or change in the way they play. GMac will put them on the floor because he has too, and as long as he has too.

ISU's future success hinges on the freshmen and the new recruits that GMac has signed up. This will be a tough year, next year and the years after that will be much better...

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 140
    Given: 107

Our 6-3 is not a good 6-3. And the next tier of games will show if we can get a good shot off before we lose the ball or take a wild shot

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.