Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

BCS - Declares Germany the winner of WWII

Was lurking on another free site and found this. I thought I'd share

on: December 05, 2008, 04:10:36 am

After determining the Big-12 championship game participants the BCS computers were put to work on other major contests and today the BCS declared Germany to be the winner of World War II.

"Germany put together an incredible number of victories beginning with the annexation of Austria and the Sudetenland and continuing on into conference play with defeats of Poland, France, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Belgium and the Netherlands. Their only losses came against the US and Russia; however considering their entire body of work--including an incredibly tough Strength of Schedule--our computers deemed them worthy of the #1 ranking."

Questioned about the #4 ranking of the United States the BCS commissioner stated "The US only had two major victories--Japan and Germany. The computer models, unlike humans, aren't influenced by head-to-head contests--they consider each contest to be only a single, equally-weighted event."

German Chancellor Adolph Hitler said "Yes, we lost to the US; but we defeated #2 ranked France in only 6 weeks." Herr Hitler has been criticized for seeking dramatic victories to earn 'style points' to enhance Germany's rankings. Hitler protested "Our contest with Poland was in doubt until the final day and the conditions in Norway were incredibly challenging and demanded the application of additional forces."

The French ranking has also come under scrutiny. The BCS commented " France had a single loss against Germany and following a preseason #1 ranking they only fell to #2."

Japan was ranked #3 with victories including Manchuria, Borneo and the Philippines."

All-Star
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

Re: BCS - Declares Germany the winner of WWII

They actually were the winners if you look at today's Economies, I guess the BCS does get it right.

Thanks for the info.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,182
    Given: 1,038

Ah, so. Ich habe das gedenkt. Acthung, von jetzt, sprechen sie alles Deutsch!!

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Speechless
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,007
    Given: 538

Ummm, the US economy is roughly the same size as the entire EU, or five times larger than the German economy, with lower unemployment. But they do make good cars.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,182
    Given: 1,038

This being a Cyclone site, somebody has to bring this up. Why not start early?

Couldn't one make the argument here that Germany rang up their victories against weak competition, like say, the Big Ten Conference, but when they faced a highly motiviated (and by the end of it) superpower team in the United States, they suffered a crushing defeat (like say, Ohio State vs. the SEC)?

I guess I should retract my earlier post, and offer my condolences to the German Buckeyes.

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

All-Star
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 948
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

edit see below

"Day after day, situation after situation you do things the right way. If you do things the right way, in life, you are going to be successful. I'm not just your football coach; I'm not just here to win games. I could not be prouder of who we are and who we are becoming, together. You do things right in the classroom, off and on the field; that's whats's makes us Cyclones and that's what our culture's all about."
    -Paul Rhoads

All-Star
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 948
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by matt8879 View Post

on: December 05, 2008, 04:10:36 am

After determining the Big-12 championship game participants the BCS computers were put to work on other major contests and today the BCS declared Germany to be the winner of World War II.

"Germany put together an incredible number of victories beginning with the annexation of Austria and the Sudetenland and continuing on into conference play with defeats of Poland, France, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Belgium and the Netherlands. Their only losses came against the US and Russia; however considering their entire body of work--including an incredibly tough Strength of Schedule--our computers deemed them worthy of the #1 ranking."

Questioned about the #4 ranking of the United States the BCS commissioner stated "The US only had two major victories--Japan and Germany. The computer models, unlike humans, aren't influenced by head-to-head contests--they consider each contest to be only a single, equally-weighted event."

German Chancellor Adolph Hitler said "Yes, we lost to the US; but we defeated #2 ranked France in only 6 weeks." Herr Hitler has been criticized for seeking dramatic victories to earn 'style points' to enhance Germany's rankings. Hitler protested "Our contest with Poland was in doubt until the final day and the conditions in Norway were incredibly challenging and demanded the application of additional forces."

The French ranking has also come under scrutiny. The BCS commented " France had a single loss against Germany and following a preseason #1 ranking they only fell to #2."

Japan was ranked #3 with victories including Manchuria, Borneo and the Philippines."
    Das grossa ficking ideotens

"Day after day, situation after situation you do things the right way. If you do things the right way, in life, you are going to be successful. I'm not just your football coach; I'm not just here to win games. I could not be prouder of who we are and who we are becoming, together. You do things right in the classroom, off and on the field; that's whats's makes us Cyclones and that's what our culture's all about."
    -Paul Rhoads