Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Where is nebrclone?

He is the one who kept us updated and informed on Eik, and took the arrows and alot of garbage for it.

Pro Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Re: Where is nebrclone?

So, who do we thing the starters will be next year?

Starter
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

I am planning several trips to mbb games in Ames and will post the dates and where I will be so all the naysayers can stop by and kiss my ***.

I am alive and well and have nothing to do this winter since Wes moved to Ames.

Pro
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 445
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8

Quote Originally Posted by NebrClone View Post
    I am planning several trips to mbb games in Ames and will post the dates and where I will be so all the naysayers can stop by and kiss my ***.

I am alive and well and have nothing to do this winter since Wes moved to Ames.
    You answered your plans with your first sentence of your post! Glad you are coming, and I was NOT one that ragged on Eikmeier saying he was at a small school in BFE Nebraska...I'm excited to see how he progresses through the year.

Starter
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

I was going to wait for Wes go get more games, before posting my tirade on all the naysayers. I have been writing it since last year.

GMac needs to decide on a linup, you can't have keep shuffling your shooters in and out and only getting 3-4 shoots a game and expect them to get in a groove to preform.

Pro
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 445
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8

I was going to wait for Wes go get more games, before posting my tirade on all the naysayers. I have been writing it since last year.

GMac needs to decide on a linup, you can't have keep shuffling your shooters in and out and only getting 3-4 shoots a game and expect them to get in a groove to preform.
    Agree...and with so many newcomers coming in, it may take 5-7 more games to really figure what line-up he wants to do. A lot of this might have to do with which line-up the opposing team throws out at us. Wes got a lot of valuable minutes against UNI because UNI went small against us and he was in there.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 1

I've always been a big Wes supporter, but I kind of disagree with your lineup statement.

I think we have enough shooters that it allows Mac to go with whoever has the hot hand. Starting may be based on how recent practices, and the bulk of minutes may go to whoever is hot during the game.

Starting really doesn't matter, it's who gets the most minutes, and Wes got a lot at UNI. He's had some freshman mistakes, which should be expected, but he's very promising.

Your updates were always welcomed by me.

Prospect
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 351
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Nebrclone--instead of just taking it easy out there why don't you find another "Wes" to follow and then make sure he also comes to ISU. I enjoyed all your updates on Wes and appreciate the fact you continued to report even with flack thrown your and Wes's way. Cheer the Clones on; I'm too far away to make the games. Thanks again!

Addict
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Tirade?

He has certainly come in and done better than I expected to this point (which I am ecstatic about, by the way) but I'm not sure he is ready for an "annointing"...he is getting decent minutes and putting up solid numbers against a tin can non-conference schedule. We have a lot of season left...especially Big 12 games and that is where we see what kind of team we really have.

I happen to think that his biggest asset is that he appears to be a "winner"...some guys just have "it" and winning follows them (or more accurately, they bring it with them). I hope this carries over into the conference season.

By the way, how is Bergan doing this year. Have they played Yutan yet?

I cheer for two teams, Iowa State and whoever is playing the hawkeyes.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 535
    Given: 485

Agree. I was always on the positive side of the Wes plays at a small school debate but I don't think a tirade is in order either. Unless stooping to the lowest common denominator is the goal.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,787
    Given: 1,504

I think a tirade would be childish and in very bad taste. If you were aiming that at cyclonenum1, he's been openly pleased with Wes, as just posted above. He's been very level-headed about it. Why would a tirade enter into that?

I haven't heard anyone else jumping up and down trying to say Wes doesn't have what it takes. There's some wait-and-see approaches, but there's nothing wrong with that.

Don't do the tirade thing. Just move on.

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    I think a tirade would be childish and in very bad taste. If you were aiming that at cyclonenum1, he's been openly pleased with Wes, as just posted above. He's been very level-headed about it. Why would a tirade enter into that?

I haven't heard anyone else jumping up and down trying to say Wes doesn't have what it takes. There's some wait-and-see approaches, but there's nothing wrong with that.

Don't do the tirade thing. Just move on.
    For the record, I never said he didn't have "what it takes". I just tried to point out that just because you put up big numbers in HS...especially a small school in NE...it does not mean your game will translate to the next level. I was trying to temper the irrational exuberance that I saw on this site for this kid.

I cheer for two teams, Iowa State and whoever is playing the hawkeyes.

Pro
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 100

I was willing to give Wes (and NebrClone) the benefit of the doubt all last year until I saw the final two games at State for Wes's team. This is certainly not to diminish them winning their class at State but...I've never in my life seen such terrible basketball as I witnessed during those two games. I was in shock that the teams they were playing were in the semi-finals and finals. Worst...basketball...ever.

That really made me doubt whether Wes could succeed at Iowa State.

That being said...I'll eat crow, take an egg to the face...and I'll be glad to do it! Like cycloneum1 said, he seems to have "it". I like his demenor on the court and the way he intereacts with his teammates. It is early but the kid does look like a winner! Good find, NebrClone!

Rookie
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you on this point. Right now, it is not about shots, its about playing time. It is a huge adjustment from HS to College. Getting game experience is the most important part right now. We have a lot of guards right now that need playing experience. We have 3 guys that last year, never played a minute of college basketball (Wes, Lucca, DB). Plus, you look at Petey, Haluska, and DG who are out there in only their second year in the program, they are still "new" to the system. Shots will always come and go, its just the nature of the game. Mac seems to be playing guys in different combinations to see how they work together. This team is going to be successfull because of the fact that no one cares who gets the shots, they just want to win.
    Also, if we do not make a concerted effort to get he ball inside, the shooters won't have the space for open looks for shots. There will be games where Wes gets 8 or 9 shots, and games where he gets 2 or 3. Brackins is the only one on the team that is going to consistently get 8-10 shots a game because, offensively, he is the only one who can consistently score inside. Its just the nature of the beast when you do have so many shooters on the perimeter, shots are going to be spread out.

Starter
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

cg that was one of the most logical

commonsense posts ive seen on here in a while. Ofcourse it helps that i totally agree with it too.