Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

A message for Farnold Degand

[b] After coach Wayne Morgan and his staff were fired, Degand began reconsidering his options. Under NCAA transfer rules, he'll have to sit out another season and have three to play. He's planning to appeal that rule once he chooses a school.
    "I'm going to try and fight it," Degand said. "I believe my situation is a little bit different from an average transfer situation. I would hope (the NCAA) would be sympathetic to what I went through."

What you went through??? What have you gone through? You committed to Iowa State University, not Wayne Morgan, check your national letter of intent. If you came here thinking that Wayne Morgan would be here for all four of years, you got real bad information. You can never make that assumption, regardless of what institution you choose. If you go to Michigan, what happens when Ammaker gets fired? Will you leave again? Hell, Coach K at Duke damn near left a few years ago for a gig in the NBA. These things happen, and you cut bait and run. Did you visit Ames, IA before committing? Did you look to see where Ames is on a map?

PS: The NCAA is not sympathetic to anyone, and please do not feed them the "after all I have been through" line that you fed the local paper.

All-Star
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    I don't know...the NCAA has allowed many appeals that I didn't think would pass muster....(oh wait all those were for Kansas)

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" - Winston Churchill

Asst. Regional Manager
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 430
    Given: 344
    Can't agree more. Be a man and sit that year out or honor your commitment to ISU....not that hard.

@RandomGeoFacts

Speechless
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 89
    Yeah, he can hope all he wants, but the NCAA is merciless. Unless you're USC.

Asst. Regional Manager
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Here is a really really scientific super smart analysis of how the NCAA works (sometimes)

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$=rules? what are those

$$=screw you

@RandomGeoFacts

All-Star
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    For Degand sake he will need to keep mjones NCAA analysis in mind when choosing a school

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" - Winston Churchill

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    F*** him!...Bye! We don't want selfish players like him and Taggert.....

All-Star
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    What makes Degand selfish????

Asst. Regional Manager
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Agree with JCloned....He is not selfish for seeking a better situation for himself.....it is not wrong for him to want 4 years....he just isn't being realistic in my opinion.

@RandomGeoFacts

Rookie Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    Okay - I will get in a robust debate with you guys...

I don't agree with your guys theory that they are leaveing because they were recruited to play a "Run and Gun" offense." They are leaveing becaues McD is is laying it out for them! ISU will play as a team....ISU is going to work hard in the off-season and in practice. What blows your theory out is that McD already siad he is going to shape his team around the players he has. Which means we could see a completeley different style of play than we are used to seeing at UNI...Hence I bet we see Rashon Clark unleasHed next year!

These guys are leaving because McD is going to require them to work hard and play as a team...they are going to have ot show up to practice to play. McD is NOT going to play favorites.

The better situation is staying put....being a man and winning some games, and that is what is going to happen with ISU basketball.

So tell me how Degand sitting out 2-years and Taggert sitting out a year is a better situation. Its attitides like this that is going to make it better when ISU wins next year and those guys are sitting around thinking "Hmmmm.....maybe we should have stayed."

GO CYCLONES!!!!

All-Star
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,372
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 6
    I agree with you guys and I don't see his situation any different than any other player who had a coach leave. He will sit a year if he transfers to a D1 school... he'll have to deal with that. And after all he has been through... I do think that is kinda rediculus... he got a free year of education at ISU and got to sit up high and mighty on the firetruck at the parade without ever playing a single game in an ISU uniform. He was loved by many before he even took his first shot in a game and now he wants to leave instead of take a guaranteed starting spot at guard. But his request of release forced McD to take action and fill his spot on the team with excellent recruits. Everything he is going through is his choice. He will have no mercy from the NCAA. I wish him good luck where ever he goes but I don't think he should deserve special treatment over any other coaching change transfer.

All-Star
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    It's still free will. Have you ever changed jobs? Things change at colleges and workplaces that make players and employees reevaluate whether it is still a good situation. There is really no need to analyze it further than that. Farewell and forgotten. College athletics at it's very core.

All-Star
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,372
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 6
    In response to The Red Storm... it is better for them because they will learn that they have to be accountable for their decisions and must accept the consequences and hopefully they will grow as individuals from what they learn.

Pro
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 672
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    I agree with Storm - screw these guys. We don't want players here that will wind up being cancers next year because they are upset that they aren't "the guy" or something. I much prefer what I am hearing out of McIntosh, Tayor, & Dunson to what I have heard from Taggert & Degand.

Rookie Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    "It's still free will. Have you ever changed jobs? Things change at colleges and workplaces that make players and employees reevaluate whether it is still a good situation. There is really no need to analyze it further than that. Farewell and forgotten. College athletics at it's very core. "

Sure, but people move for different reasons...I have worked places where people left after a Mgt change because they were getting special treatment from the old manager, and that is what I think is happening here...