Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1
    Hall-Of-Famer Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,794
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Do you know who won the Big 10 football title this year?

    If you said Penn State, you're wrong.

    Or at least only half right.

    It turns out that Ohio State claimed their 4th title in the past 4 years. But don't feel bad for Penn State, they won their 2nd title in the past 4 years:

    Big Ten Conference Official Athletic Site

    No wonder the Big 10 can't have a conference championship game, it would end up being a multi-team playoff!


    Gene Smith, 1993-2000. 7 years, 6 NCAA's, 1 bowl game. Revenue sports postseason participation 50%. Good.
    Bruce Vandevelde, 2000-20005. 5 years, 4 bowl games, 2 NCAA's, 2 NIT's. Postseason participation 80%. Better.
    Jamie Pollard, 2005-. 4 years. 1 bowl game, 0 NCAA's, 0 NIT's. Postseason participation: 13%. The next big step.

    My ignore list: splitidentity, tarheelhawk,superdorf, clones_jer. That is all.

  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 69,389, Level: 81
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    TarHeelHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    W. Des Moines
    Posts
    8,615
    Points
    69,389
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Do you know who won the Big 10 football title this year?

    Or because the NCAA says a conference has to have 12 teams to have a championship game. I'd go with that.



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 170,783, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    SplitIdentity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    8,190
    Points
    170,783
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 156
    Given: 23

    Re: Do you know who won the Big 10 football title this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by TarHeelHawk View Post
    Or because the NCAA says a conference has to have 12 teams to have a championship game. I'd go with that.
    Yeah, but that's not a pathetically lame attempt to bash the Big Ten again.

    I guess somebody forgot to tell Monty that there's already a Big Ten hate thread for this week? In fact, there's two...


    The artist formerly known as SouthernHawk

  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 136,735, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    herbicide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    8,639
    Points
    136,735
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Do you know who won the Big 10 football title this year?

    The correct answer is....

    Who cares!



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 421,479, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,607
    Points
    421,479
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 655
    Given: 321

    Re: Do you know who won the Big 10 football title this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernHawk View Post
    Yeah, but that's not a pathetically lame attempt to bash the Big Ten again.

    I guess somebody forgot to tell Monty that there's already a Big Ten hate thread for this week? In fact, there's two...
    Woah, you're on an ISU therefore Big 12 board. If you dont like it, why do you come here?



  6. #6
    Starter
    Points: 17,539, Level: 40
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 511
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    885
    Points
    17,539
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Do you know who won the Big 10 football title this year?

    Big Ten is good football. I just find it boring to watch and out dated. The fact that they don't have a title game just so they can back door into the BCS every year is a little annoying as well but oh well. Nobody is twisting the Big XII to have one...they only do it for the money.


    "They'd write things like...Lloyd. See you around....maybe."

    --Lloyd Dobler

  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 69,389, Level: 81
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    TarHeelHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    W. Des Moines
    Posts
    8,615
    Points
    69,389
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Do you know who won the Big 10 football title this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernHawk View Post
    Yeah, but that's not a pathetically lame attempt to bash the Big Ten again.

    I guess somebody forgot to tell Monty that there's already a Big Ten hate thread for this week? In fact, there's two...
    Yeah, but you are talking about one of the more negative posters here. Ohio State and Penn St. sharing the conference championship has been common knowledge for over a week, but I guess now it's legitimate.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 170,783, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    SplitIdentity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    8,190
    Points
    170,783
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 156
    Given: 23

    Re: Do you know who won the Big 10 football title this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by alarson83 View Post
    Woah, you're on an ISU therefore Big 12 board. If you dont like it, why do you come here?
    With all the Big Ten talk, you'd never know. I betcha I can find more Big Ten topics than Big 12 topics.

    Quote Originally Posted by TarHeelHawk View Post
    Yeah, but you are talking about one of the more negative posters here. Ohio State and Penn St. sharing the conference championship has been common knowledge for over a week, but I guess now it's legitimate.
    He has a bit of an obsession....


    The artist formerly known as SouthernHawk

  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 82,963, Level: 89
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 787
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ripvdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sk-Ankeny
    Posts
    6,873
    Points
    82,963
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 215

    Re: Do you know who won the Big 10 football title this year?

    The Big Tenn would like to have an 11-way tie so they could say how great everyone in the conference is.


    #BEATIOWA

  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 69,389, Level: 81
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    TarHeelHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    W. Des Moines
    Posts
    8,615
    Points
    69,389
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Do you know who won the Big 10 football title this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by jakemcilroy View Post
    Big Ten is good football. I just find it boring to watch and out dated. The fact that they don't have a title game just so they can back door into the BCS every year is a little annoying as well but oh well. Nobody is twisting the Big XII to have one...they only do it for the money.
    How is it annoying? If Ohio State gets in this year, it'll be because Oregon State lost last weekend with a trip to the Rose Bowl on the line. You can't blame Ohio State for that.

    The Big 12 has had 2 teams back their way into the championship game, if memory serves me right.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 135,885, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    joefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    6,510
    Points
    135,885
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 481

    Re: Do you know who won the Big 10 football title this year?

    The Big10 sucks. Period. Get over yourselves.


    "Dog Eat Dog"
    Read the news
    Someone win,
    Someone lose

  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 47,574, Level: 67
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 776
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    DJK15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,704
    Points
    47,574
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 0

    Re: Do you know who won the Big 10 football title this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by jakemcilroy View Post
    I just find it boring to watch and out dated.
    Yeah, I hate those conferences that play offense and defense.



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 48,217, Level: 67
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Burnsville, MN
    Posts
    3,016
    Points
    48,217
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 96
    Given: 19

    Re: Do you know who won the Big 10 football title this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by TarHeelHawk View Post
    How is it annoying? If Ohio State gets in this year, it'll be because Oregon State lost last weekend with a trip to the Rose Bowl on the line. You can't blame Ohio State for that.

    The Big 12 has had 2 teams back their way into the championship game, if memory serves me right.
    I believe this would be the definition of backing your way into the BCS.



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 69,389, Level: 81
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    TarHeelHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    W. Des Moines
    Posts
    8,615
    Points
    69,389
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Do you know who won the Big 10 football title this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by MNclone View Post
    I believe this would be the definition of backing your way into the BCS.

    Yeah, because it's totally Ohio St. fault that the Beav got it's *** kicked at home with a Rose Bowl trip on the line. Oregon St. wins - Ohio St. goes to Orlando.

    Nebraska in 2000 and OU in 2003 are much better examples.



  15. #15
    Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    212
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Do you know who won the Big 10 football title this year?

    So monty does that mean the Big 12 should have a multi team playoff, with 3 South teams and Missouri? Co-Championships do exist.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. West Virginia
  • November 29, 2014
  • 11:00 AM