Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: OC and DC Jobs

  1. #1
    Pro Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,338
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    OC and DC Jobs

    Here is what we are looking for:

    Seeking to fill offensive and defensive coordinator positions. Assist with all phases of the DIA football program including conduct of practices, coaching, conditioning, recruiting, competitive events, and other administrative duties, in adherence with university, Big 12 Conference and NCAA policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and successfully recruit the academically qualified and athletically talented student-athlete. Contribute to and enhance a competitive athletic experience. Establish and maintain an environment conducive to the welfare and academic success of the student-athletes. Establish and maintain effective interaction with students, colleagues, university staff, administrators, alumni and the public. Required Qualifications Bachelor's degree. Experience coaching or competing in football at the highly competitive level. Preferred Qualifications Collegiate and/or NFL football coaching experience. NCAA Division IA football coaching experience. Must have previous relationship with Coach Chizik. Special consideration to past coaching buddies and those that Chizik owes a favor to.



  2. #2
    Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    3,273
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: OC and DC Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by PolkCityClone View Post
    Here is what we are looking for:

    Seeking to fill offensive and defensive coordinator positions. Assist with all phases of the DIA football program including conduct of practices, coaching, conditioning, recruiting, competitive events, and other administrative duties, in adherence with university, Big 12 Conference and NCAA policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and successfully recruit the academically qualified and athletically talented student-athlete. Contribute to and enhance a competitive athletic experience. Establish and maintain an environment conducive to the welfare and academic success of the student-athletes. Establish and maintain effective interaction with students, colleagues, university staff, administrators, alumni and the public. Required Qualifications Bachelor's degree. Experience coaching or competing in football at the highly competitive level. Preferred Qualifications Collegiate and/or NFL football coaching experience. NCAA Division IA football coaching experience. Must have previous relationship with Coach Chizik. Special consideration to past coaching buddies and those that Chizik owes a favor to.
    Not sure if the University is obligated to post like this for all jobs, but I think this clearly shows that Chizik doesn't have a specific person in mind for these jobs.

    Secondly, I find it interesting to go iastatejobs.com and read the descriptions. It makes them more human that they actually send resumes and apply for jobs online.


    I don't drink the Kool-Aid, and I am done making excuses. Only keeping it real...

  3. #3
    Pro Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,338
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: OC and DC Jobs

    I think it is the law that jobs have to be posted.



  4. #4
    Starter
    Points: 42,100, Level: 63
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 850
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Balrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    689
    Points
    42,100
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 14

    Re: OC and DC Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by mplscyclone View Post
    Not sure if the University is obligated to post like this for all jobs, but I think this clearly shows that Chizik doesn't have a specific person in mind for these jobs.

    Secondly, I find it interesting to go iastatejobs.com and read the descriptions. It makes them more human that they actually send resumes and apply for jobs online.
    I respectfully disagree. I have no inside information, but time is now drawing short for recruiting. My inclination is to say that Pollard and Chizik have 3 or 4 candidates for each job they are pursuing post haste.

    Go Cyclones


    Last edited by Balrog; 12-02-2008 at 11:20 PM.

  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 82,497, Level: 89
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,253
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CycloneWanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,149
    Points
    82,497
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 5

    Re: OC and DC Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by PolkCityClone View Post
    Here is what we are looking for:

    Seeking to fill offensive and defensive coordinator positions. Assist with all phases of the DIA football program including conduct of practices, coaching, conditioning, recruiting, competitive events, and other administrative duties, in adherence with university, Big 12 Conference and NCAA policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and successfully recruit the academically qualified and athletically talented student-athlete. Contribute to and enhance a competitive athletic experience. Establish and maintain an environment conducive to the welfare and academic success of the student-athletes. Establish and maintain effective interaction with students, colleagues, university staff, administrators, alumni and the public. Required Qualifications Bachelor's degree. Experience coaching or competing in football at the highly competitive level. Preferred Qualifications Collegiate and/or NFL football coaching experience. NCAA Division IA football coaching experience. Must have previous relationship with Coach Chizik. Special consideration to past coaching buddies and those that Chizik owes a favor to.
    Is that supposed to be a joke which is to be found comical? A little juvenile don't ya think?



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 55,615, Level: 73
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,435
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    dustinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,635
    Points
    55,615
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: OC and DC Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by PolkCityClone View Post
    I think it is the law that jobs have to be posted.
    This is correct. Nobody should read anything into the fact that the job is posted on the university website. It has to be.




  7. #7
    Pro Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,338
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: OC and DC Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWanderer View Post
    Is that supposed to be a joke which is to be found comical? A little juvenile don't ya think?
    McFarland, Bolt, I rest my case. Lighten up or no soup for you!



  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 52,779, Level: 71
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,271
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    usedcarguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    3,686
    Points
    52,779
    Level
    71
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 32

    Re: OC and DC Jobs

    I fully expect all the "arm chair quarterbacks" to apply for these positions.

    (sarcasm)



  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 145,591, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cybsball20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    12,716
    Points
    145,591
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 181
    Given: 34

    Re: OC and DC Jobs

    Sounds like Tunbberville is out at Auburn, lets bring him in as a coordinator...



    Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

    Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

    and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno

  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 67,585, Level: 80
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 465
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    d4nim4l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    4,788
    Points
    67,585
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 2

    Re: OC and DC Jobs

    As already mentioned, they are legally required to post the job. I mentioned this in the actual thread about the staff restructuring, but I believe Chizik probably found his guy(s) already.

    Now it seems odd to say that but with the experience in my profession and my experience with a job that opened up in the AD last year it is very common to not post the job until your preferred candidates verbally agree. This happens all the time in the business world and I would not be surprised they held the job opening from being posted until Chizik's guy(s) decided to agree. Then they posted the job to satisfy the two week requirement and once that is closed they'll announce the new hires shortly thereafter.



    Wide Right & Natty Lite - Loyal Sons, Forever True. With beer!

  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 21,576, Level: 44
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    dunar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Altoona, IA
    Posts
    1,549
    Points
    21,576
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 15

    Re: OC and DC Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by d4nim4l View Post
    Then they posted the job to satisfy the two week requirement and once that is closed they'll announce the new hires shortly thereafter.
    The jobs were just posted today? Or was today the first we noticed? When is the two weeks up?



  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 67,585, Level: 80
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 465
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    d4nim4l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    4,788
    Points
    67,585
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 2

    Re: OC and DC Jobs

    Posted yesterday actually. I found it yesterday afternoon when checking the job board for something else.

    The job application date officially closes on 12/16.



    Wide Right & Natty Lite - Loyal Sons, Forever True. With beer!

  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 66,088, Level: 79
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 362
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    erikbj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    hiawatha, ia
    Posts
    5,175
    Points
    66,088
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 156
    Given: 44

    Re: OC and DC Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by cybsball20 View Post
    Sounds like Tunbberville is out at Auburn, lets bring him in as a coordinator...
    That would be awsome, maybe he comes on for a year before finding something better.



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 38,963, Level: 60
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,477
    Points
    38,963
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

    Re: OC and DC Jobs

    Word out of the Athletic Department is that an Offensive Coordinator has been interviewed. Wow that didn't take long. I don't have a name right now but I'll ask around.



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 47,968, Level: 67
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 382
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    sodakjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ames via Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    2,799
    Points
    47,968
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: OC and DC Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by cybsball20 View Post
    Sounds like Tunbberville is out at Auburn, lets bring him in as a coordinator...
    Yeah...about that...


    Green hills for thy throne, and for crown a golden melody/Ringing in the hearts of all who bring thee love and loyalty/Dear Alma Mater, make our spirits great
    True and valiant like the bells of I-O-WA STATE!

    And thank you Stumpy for this:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM