Jamie Pollard is DEFINITELY doing his job and doing it well. I have not seen or heard this much enthusiasm for everything in ISU athletics in a long time. It's great to hear and Pollard is earning his paycheck because I personally give him credit for the enthusiasm by the fans. It is amazing what a good positive leader can do in a short period of time.

I am the type of person who is hesitant to jump on ship. I am always a fan, but still need to see results. Everyone is praising McDermott (and rightfully so since he is doing a great job so far), but they are also expecting huge things already in his first season. I think we have a great hire, but I need to see some games before I come out say we will be competing for conference championships this soon. I have heard these expectations from several people.

So, while I am somewhat reluctant to immediately expect big things, I am pleased with the jobs so far, and I praise Pollard for the job he has done. McDermott still has to prove himself in a game and a season, but I feel Pollard has already done this for his position. In the mean time, I will continue to go to every basketball game and every football game and cheer my heart out as loud as possible....win or lose.