Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Has anyone heard where Farnold Degand is going to school next year?

Rookie
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sportguy15 &#064; Jun 11 2006, 09&#58;37 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Has anyone heard where Farnold Degand is going to school next year?

[/b][/quote]

He visited North Carolina State last week. But other than that i don&#39;t what his plans are for college.

Recruit
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 17
    I found a little information about Degand at this link. Scroll down the page until you reach "News and Notes"

"Iowa State guard Farnold Degand, who redshirted last year as a freshman, has visited Rutgers and Maryland. Degand told FOXSports.com that he is also looking at UMass, N.C. State and Purdue."

It&#39;s not much, but I hope it&#39;s helpful. Please note the webpage was posted over two weeks ago.

CF Founder
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 291
    Given: 139
    He visited NC State last week and is at UMass right now. I think NCState, Rutgers, UMass, and a few others are showing the most interest. It will most likely end up coming down to those three named schools.

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Given: 0
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeremy &#064; Jun 12 2006, 10&#58;45 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> He visited NC State last week and is at UMass right now. I think NCState, Rutgers, UMass, and a few others are showing the most interest. It will most likely end up coming down to those three named schools. [/b][/quote]

Jeremy,

Is there any chance he will be back at ISU?

CF Founder
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 291
    Given: 139
    Nope. There isn&#39;t any chance of it that I am aware of. He cut his ties and seems really interested in the East coast.

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 325
    Given: 264

Lightbulb

Degand to transfer to N.C. State
    Posted: 1 day ago

Farnold Degand will go down in history as Sidney Lowe&#39;s first recruit. Degand was a virtual unknown coming out of O&#39;Bryant High (Mass.) in Boston, but now the 6-foot-3, 170-pound combo guard finally has his chance to play big-time basketball. Degand, who redshirted last season as a freshman at Iowa State, committed to N.C. State after taking visits to Oregon, UMass, Maryland and Rutgers. He will sit out this season and be eligible in the fall of 2007.

"Being his first recruit is an honor," Degand said. "He&#39;s going to start off his coaching career with me. He told me that the team&#39;s going to revolve around the point guard and he&#39;s going to try and play to my strength and let me push the ball." "I made the decision that was best for me," he added. "I was comfortable with the staff and I just felt that N.C. State had what I need."

Degand is a guy who wasn&#39;t recruited all that heavily coming out of high school. Part of the reason was because of his slender frame, but it also didn&#39;t help that he played in the Boston public school system which is notorious for not getting a lot of exposure from college coaches. Degand wound up choosing Iowa State and the plan all along was for him to redshirt. According to former Cyclones guards Will Blalock and Curtis Stinson, whom Degand went up against each day in practice, he improved more than any other player in the program last season. Degand will give the Wolfpack a guy who can really get the ball up the floor. He&#39;s lightning quick and has toned down the flash in his game. The next year off will also allow Degand to add another 10 pounds to his frame.

"I think the talent was always there, but Will and Curtis brought it out the right way," Degand said. "They showed me how to do it. I just sat back and watched and became a student." "I don&#39;t make the home run pass and just try and make things simple," Degand said. "I don&#39;t play out of control and have learned to calm down."

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.