Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 405
    Given: 0
    I'm always a little hesitant to consider a guy like Stinnett who has been a pretty prolific scorer at the point, but I was looking at his numbers in high school and his junior year he did average 6 assists. I would hate to have a Stephon Marbury kind of situation on our hands, with a PG who shoots too much. That just drives me insane.

He can clearly find the open man though at 6 per, and is there any reason to think that he couldn't be kind of a combo guard with Dunson, and then have W. Johnson spelling to SG position? I'm not questioning McDermott, I've never even seen these guys play. But that would be a compelling lineup in 3 years when McIntosh and Taylor are gone too.

Addict
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 947
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 122
    Given: 414
    The only thing i worry about in a Pg is decision making and his handle(how he can protect and dribble the ball). If he can do that alright hes good to go.

#BEATIOWA

Rookie
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BryceC &#064; Jun 11 2006, 07&#58;19 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> I&#39;m always a little hesitant to consider a guy like Stinnett who has been a pretty prolific scorer at the point, but I was looking at his numbers in high school and his junior year he did average 6 assists. I would hate to have a Stephon Marbury kind of situation on our hands, with a PG who shoots too much. That just drives me insane.

He can clearly find the open man though at 6 per, and is there any reason to think that he couldn&#39;t be kind of a combo guard with Dunson, and then have W. Johnson spelling to SG position? I&#39;m not questioning McDermott, I&#39;ve never even seen these guys play. But that would be a compelling lineup in 3 years when McIntosh and Taylor are gone too.
    [/b][/quote]

The coaching staff is looking at Stinnett as an SG, not a PG.

Psyched about the Clones!!!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 405
    Well I know they are looking at him as that, this is just a hypothetical question... do you think that he could play PG if needed? It was just a thought.

CF Founder
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,303
    Given: 1,104
    I think from conversations he&#39;s had, P&#39;Allen feels he can play either spot relatively easily. While he may prefer being a PG, he would not be able to play that spot very effectively in the Big XII, in my opinion.

I think he would make a great SG and could take the ball up the court in situations that may call for it but not on a regular basis.

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.