Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 223
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Okie St copying ISU Season Ticket Policy?

Did anyone else hear the guys on ESPN Radio yesterday morning talking about the Okie State season football ticket policy?

Sounds like they took a play out of the ISU playbook and are NOT selling single game tickets for the Oklahoma game... just like we have done for games the last two years - fans must buy a season football ticket in order to get a ticket to today's game.

The guy who thought it was stupid said he didn't believe they would leave 10,000 empty seats for a game this big and the other guy said they had to stick to their guns and not sell single tickets... using the same reasoning we have used.

Anyhow - interesting. I think it is a good sign you are doing something right when others copy what you do.

SportingNews.com - Your expert source for NCAA Football stats, scores, standings, and blogs from NCAA Football columnists

Last edited by Klonz; 11-29-2008 at 11:18 AM. Reason: add link

Pro
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Okie St copying ISU Season Ticket Policy?

Quote Originally Posted by Klonz View Post
    Did anyone else hear the guys on ESPN Radio yesterday morning talking about the Okie State season football ticket policy?

Sounds like they took a play out of the ISU playbook and are NOT selling single game tickets for the Oklahoma game... just like we have done for games the last two years - fans must buy a season football ticket in order to get a ticket to today's game.

The guy who thought it was stupid said he didn't believe they would leave 10,000 empty seats for a game this big and the other guy said they had to stick to their guns and not sell single tickets... using the same reasoning we have used.

Anyhow - interesting. I think it is a good sign you are doing something right when others copy what you do.

I will say that the season ticket policy wasn't ISU's invention. I think people here don't really realize that...

I don't drink the Kool-Aid, and I am done making excuses. Only keeping it real...

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,229
    Given: 1,841

Re: Okie St copying ISU Season Ticket Policy?

Wake Forest did it for their Nebraska game, and they sold a ton of season tickets to Husker fans.

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/