Fantasy football...
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 45,180, Level: 65
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 370
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,496
    Points
    45,180
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 73

    Fantasy football...

    I know everybody hates these, but I really need some advice. I'm in a salary cap league where you can buy any player as long as you have enough money and I'm allowed to make one transaction per week. I've got McNabb who was terrible against Baltimore. Is he going be productive vs. Arizona? The whole benching thing last week really makes a mess of things. Arizona's defense isn't very good, is it?



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 135,027, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    clones_jer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    8,339
    Points
    135,027
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Fantasy football...

    I wouldn't trust him against Arizona ... the whole thing is a mess and could hurt you at a point in the season where I'm guessing you don't want a loss. I'd play it safe and pick up somebody for this week.

    so help us out a little, who's availabe? Orton or Cassel mabye?

    Oh, and Arizona's defense is average but they don't suck. They sometimes get big yardage against them but mostly in the 2nd half with teams trying to catch up.



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 45,180, Level: 65
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 370
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,496
    Points
    45,180
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 73

    Re: Fantasy football...

    Quote Originally Posted by clones_jer View Post
    I wouldn't trust him against Arizona ... the whole thing is a mess and could hurt you at a point in the season where I'm guessing you don't want a loss. I'd play it safe and pick up somebody for this week.

    so help us out a little, who's availabe? Orton or Cassel mabye?

    Oh, and Arizona's defense is average but they don't suck. They sometimes get big yardage against them but mostly in the 2nd half with teams trying to catch up.
    Thanks, jer. It's a league where you can pick any player (multiple teams have the same players) as long as you can afford them. I can pick up just about any QB I want because McNabb is expensive, but I have other areas I can improve if I think McNabb is a good start. My only limitations are salary cap, and I only get one transaction per week.

    I think you've convinced me to get rid of McNabb (although if I do, I guarantee he'll throw for 300 and 3 TDs ) and look at some better options. Thanks again.



  4. #4
    Rookie
    Points: 15,570, Level: 37
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    384
    Points
    15,570
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Fantasy football...

    Quote Originally Posted by flynnhicks03 View Post
    I know everybody hates these, but I really need some advice. I'm in a salary cap league where you can buy any player as long as you have enough money and I'm allowed to make one transaction per week. I've got McNabb who was terrible against Baltimore. Is he going be productive vs. Arizona? The whole benching thing last week really makes a mess of things. Arizona's defense isn't very good, is it?
    Good QB for the money and not taken in most leagues.... Tyler Thigpen.



  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 48,047, Level: 67
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 303
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Bubbahotep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    3,519
    Points
    48,047
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Fantasy football...

    Aaron Rodgers is relatively cheap for the numbers he produces.


    “There have been a lotta tough guys. There have been pretenders. And there have been contenders. But there is only one king.”

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 135,027, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    clones_jer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    8,339
    Points
    135,027
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Fantasy football...

    Quote Originally Posted by flynnhicks03 View Post
    Thanks, jer. It's a league where you can pick any player (multiple teams have the same players) as long as you can afford them. I can pick up just about any QB I want because McNabb is expensive, but I have other areas I can improve if I think McNabb is a good start. My only limitations are salary cap, and I only get one transaction per week.

    I think you've convinced me to get rid of McNabb (although if I do, I guarantee he'll throw for 300 and 3 TDs ) and look at some better options. Thanks again.
    Peyton, Romo & Pennington all have really good matchups if you can pick anybody...

    If you're on the cheap Thigpen is pretty good but I think I'd steer clear this week as he's matched up against Oakland and they've made some QBs look pretty bad this year (about the only thing they've been good at)



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 13,734, Level: 35
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,046
    Points
    13,734
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Fantasy football...

    I would agree with Romo or Manning if you can afford them. I would get rid of McNabb.



  8. #8
    Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    clonefan_80's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    263
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Fantasy football...

    That sounds like a pretty cool league. Do the prices on the players change each week or are they set for the whole year?



  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 45,180, Level: 65
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 370
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,496
    Points
    45,180
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 73

    Re: Fantasy football...

    Quote Originally Posted by clonefan_80 View Post
    That sounds like a pretty cool league. Do the prices on the players change each week or are they set for the whole year?
    No, the prices don't change in this league. I have played in them (smallworldsports.com, many years ago) in the past where it's like the stock market: the more people that pick up a player, the higher his price goes, and vice versa. When Warner first came into the league with the Rams you could pick him up for $500,000. By the end of the year, he was like $12,000,000.

    The league I'm in now is at cdmsports.com. They have free salary cap sports (football, baseball) and it's fun. I play with some guys from work and we throw in some cash to make it interesting.



  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 45,180, Level: 65
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 370
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,496
    Points
    45,180
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 73

    Re: Fantasy football...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbahotep View Post
    Aaron Rodgers is relatively cheap for the numbers he produces.
    We get 3 QBs and I've got Rodgers, Orton and McNabb. Orton and Rogers are like $2M each and McNabb is like $4M. I think I'll take a look at Manning and Romo.

    Thanks for the advice, everybody.



  11. #11
    Starter
    Points: 11,199, Level: 31
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Drizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    785
    Points
    11,199
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Fantasy football...

    Quote Originally Posted by flynnhicks03 View Post
    No, the prices don't change in this league. I have played in them (smallworldsports.com, many years ago) in the past where it's like the stock market: the more people that pick up a player, the higher his price goes, and vice versa. When Warner first came into the league with the Rams you could pick him up for $500,000. By the end of the year, he was like $12,000,000.

    The league I'm in now is at cdmsports.com. They have free salary cap sports (football, baseball) and it's fun. I play with some guys from work and we throw in some cash to make it interesting.
    What about Warner? He is most likely cheaper than the other guys and has put up amazing numbers this year..



  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 45,180, Level: 65
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 370
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,496
    Points
    45,180
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 73

    Re: Fantasy football...

    Quote Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
    What about Warner? He is most likely cheaper than the other guys and has put up amazing numbers this year..
    The guy I'm going against already has him, so that doesn't do me much good, plus he's pretty expensive...



  13. #13
    Starter
    Points: 13,777, Level: 35
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 273
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    684
    Points
    13,777
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Fantasy football...

    If you feel like the rest of your roster is better than your opponent or likely to outperform them this week it could be a good idea to pick up Warner and neutralize him.

    Dirty maybe, but it can be effective in leagues like that.


    have you ever got caught outside In a strong rainfall? Yes or NO. If it"s yes, then you might half felt the pane of hard(tought) rain on you head. If it hurt"s then it"s tough. Yes or no. Okay I'm right and you know it.

    So alothough you attempt"ed to say you didn"t understnad, now you do. Fair enough?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM