Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Can we try this again

I was in Phoenix to watch the Insight Bowl in 2000. I was in Detroit and watched us lose to Michigan State. I was in Shrevport in 2001 and watched us lose to Alabama. I was in Norman in 2002 and watched us lose to OU. I was also fired from KUSR in 1992 for criticizing Walden on his call in show.

We as Iowa State fans need to stop dreaming and face the truth. Our program is a joke and we need to realize that Gene' coordinators are not the answer. If you tell a Longhorn fan, we are optimistic about 2009 because we have several returning starters, they will laugh in your face. I'm tired of losing and if we can't win 8-12 consistently, it's a waste of air to discuss a losing program. Do you think Prairie View A&M in the 1990's would talk about their returning starters?

I was told several times for my first post to get a life. I'm not the won with 700,000 posts. Can we all just be friends.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 351
    Given: 1,392

Re: Can we try this again

While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

Legend
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 157
    Given: 132

Quote Originally Posted by 2tonewilly69 View Post
    I was in Phoenix to watch the Insight Bowl in 2000. I was in Detroit and watched us lose to Michigan State. I was in Shrevport in 2001 and watched us lose to Alabama. I was in Norman in 2002 and watched us lose to OU. I was also fired from KUSR in 1992 for criticizing Walden on his call in show.

We as Iowa State fans need to stop dreaming and face the truth. Our program is a joke and we need to realize that Gene' coordinators are not the answer. If you tell a Longhorn fan, we are optimistic about 2009 because we have several returning starters, they will laugh in your face. I'm tired of losing and if we can't win 8-12 consistently, it's a waste of air to discuss a losing program. Do you think Prairie View A&M in the 1990's would talk about their returning starters?

I was told several times for my first post to get a life. I'm not the won with 700,000 posts. Can we all just be friends.
    If it's a waste of air to discuss the program, what are you doing here?

Legend
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 269
    Given: 353

I agree somewhat with your post. Next year won't be any different. I think year 4 or 5 is when we will make a bowl game. On the other hand I have been to most of the games you were at. Insite, Shrevport, and so on. Our program right now is a joke. It will be next year also. When some of these kids start to season and get bigger and stronger we have a good shot at the North.

I don't think we will ever win the whole big 12. We just don't have the tradition, money, and recruits to do it. That is not a bad thing.

We are a basketball school.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 338
    Given: 239

So you say, on the internet. Oh, btw, my name is Sage Rosenfels.

Can we all just be friends.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DmYLrxR0Y8"]YouTube - WAR - WHY CAN'T WE BE FRIENDS[/ame]

Legend
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 157
    Given: 132

Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post

We are a basketball school.
    Not a good day to say that

Pro
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 26

You are right, we should all just jump ship and go pick a program to follow that wins all the time.

oh yeah,... get a life!
    (that's just a little fun jabbing at you, don't fly off the handle at me)

Last edited by redrocker; 11-25-2008 at 09:05 AM.

2009 FLHR - Vivid Black

I don't sweat the petty things,... I pet the sweaty things

Legend
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Good point.

Addict
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 1,124
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 123
    Given: 91

If you tell a Longhorn fan, we are optimistic about 2009 because we have several returning starters, they will laugh in your face.
    Not true. If you tell a Longhorn fan you are optimistic about 2009, most will look back at you with a blank haze in their eyes, because:

a) they don't know that ISU exists
    b) they don't care because you are not a fan of OU, A&M, or TTU and therefore are not worth their time

Now I wish I had back the 2 minutes I spent reading and responding to this thread. Get a grip. There are plenty of winning schools out there, maybe you should just go be a fan of one of them instead.

Addict
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 95

I'm tired of losing and if we can't win 8-12 consistently, it's a waste of air to discuss a losing program. Do you think Prairie View A&M in the 1990's would talk about their returning starters?

So, don't come here and continue to bring this up. Some people like Ohio State, I don't. Weather they win or not, I think it's a waste of time to talk about them. So guess what. I avoid sites that talk about them. I know you're just trolling and I probably shouldn't answer, but what would you want us to talk about? How brilliant your insight into ISU athletics is? Win or lose I like talking about ISU football. IF you don't, there are probably billions of other places you could go on the net. Seriously, this is like you coming to my house, uninvited and ******* on my rug because you say it doesn't fit your decor.

Pro
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 26

Quote Originally Posted by 1100011CS View Post
    That was only one game, we have alot more to go.

2009 FLHR - Vivid Black

I don't sweat the petty things,... I pet the sweaty things

Legend
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

That was only one game, we have alot more to go.
    Good point Hagar.

Pro
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I was in Phoenix to watch the Insight Bowl in 2000. I was in Detroit and watched us lose to Michigan State. I was in Shrevport in 2001 and watched us lose to Alabama. I was in Norman in 2002 and watched us lose to OU. I was fired from KUSR in 1992 for criticizing Walden on his call in show.
    *sings*
    One of these things is not like the other ones, one of these things doesn't belong...

*cough*
    I'm sorry, I just choked on my cereal. For some reason, I thought I heard you demand 12 wins. Every year. In football. That must have been my mistake, surely you were talking about basketball. Wait, no, you're still talking about Gene Chizik and his coordinators (and Prairie View A&M, whatever that is). And something about the Longhorns?

Look, it's too early to be hitting the crack pipe. At least wait until mid-afternoon for that sort of thing. Folks at work are still being productive right now, save the entertainment for when blood sugar levels start dropping around 4:00pm.

I was told several times for my first post to get a life. I'm not the won with 700,000 posts.
    You're also apparently not the 'won' with good spelling ability (or logic), but you are the 'won' receiving sage advice from other posters.

True and Valiant

I also remember a game with Kansas when Cy (wore a huge suit then) went out to center field, squatted, and "pooped" a couple of chickens that had been dyed blue then chased them around.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJK15

God I hope so, even if it's not the right thing to do, KF needs to do it.
    Victory before honor.

Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Overall activity: 55.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,502
    Given: 139

Wow, you seem to have been around for the majority of the most important events in recent Cyclone history. That kind of makes you the Forrest Gump of ISU athletics, I guess. All of a sudden your posts start to make more sense. Tell me Forrest, how many Dr. Peppers did you drink when we played in the Humanitarian Bowl?

"What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

"Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

"Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 781
    Given: 9

It is not like you did not know what you were getting yourself into as an Iowa State fan. We are not a top-tier team, and every once in a while we have a good year and some of our fans become delusional and think we somehow became an upper echelon team. I for one actually prefer being a fan of Iowa State because of the highs and the lows. Like anything else, success is always at its best when it comes as a result of a true struggle. Believe it or not, I look at fans of the Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska types of programs and I struggle to find the joy in rooting for a program where it is National Championship or bust. True fans take pride in wearing their teams gear no matter how bad things are or how bad things look in the future, and true fans will still show up at the field/stadium or tune in to watch or listen to the games. If you are that punch drunk after all these years of being an ISU fan there are plenty of other teams out there that need fans...and don't come on here and expect everyone to join your chorus of whines.