Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Can we try this again

    I was in Phoenix to watch the Insight Bowl in 2000. I was in Detroit and watched us lose to Michigan State. I was in Shrevport in 2001 and watched us lose to Alabama. I was in Norman in 2002 and watched us lose to OU. I was also fired from KUSR in 1992 for criticizing Walden on his call in show.

    We as Iowa State fans need to stop dreaming and face the truth. Our program is a joke and we need to realize that Gene' coordinators are not the answer. If you tell a Longhorn fan, we are optimistic about 2009 because we have several returning starters, they will laugh in your face. I'm tired of losing and if we can't win 8-12 consistently, it's a waste of air to discuss a losing program. Do you think Prairie View A&M in the 1990's would talk about their returning starters?

    I was told several times for my first post to get a life. I'm not the won with 700,000 posts. Can we all just be friends.



  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 169,172, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    The_Architect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Focus Town
    Posts
    11,633
    Points
    169,172
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 351
    Given: 1,392

    Re: Can we try this again



    While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 181,727, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Marshalltown
    Posts
    10,035
    Points
    181,727
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 157
    Given: 132

    Re: Can we try this again

    Quote Originally Posted by 2tonewilly69 View Post
    I was in Phoenix to watch the Insight Bowl in 2000. I was in Detroit and watched us lose to Michigan State. I was in Shrevport in 2001 and watched us lose to Alabama. I was in Norman in 2002 and watched us lose to OU. I was also fired from KUSR in 1992 for criticizing Walden on his call in show.

    We as Iowa State fans need to stop dreaming and face the truth. Our program is a joke and we need to realize that Gene' coordinators are not the answer. If you tell a Longhorn fan, we are optimistic about 2009 because we have several returning starters, they will laugh in your face. I'm tired of losing and if we can't win 8-12 consistently, it's a waste of air to discuss a losing program. Do you think Prairie View A&M in the 1990's would talk about their returning starters?

    I was told several times for my first post to get a life. I'm not the won with 700,000 posts. Can we all just be friends.
    If it's a waste of air to discuss the program, what are you doing here?



  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 218,915, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,373
    Points
    218,915
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 269
    Given: 353

    Re: Can we try this again

    I agree somewhat with your post. Next year won't be any different. I think year 4 or 5 is when we will make a bowl game. On the other hand I have been to most of the games you were at. Insite, Shrevport, and so on. Our program right now is a joke. It will be next year also. When some of these kids start to season and get bigger and stronger we have a good shot at the North.

    I don't think we will ever win the whole big 12. We just don't have the tradition, money, and recruits to do it. That is not a bad thing.

    We are a basketball school.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 339,938, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    32,071
    Points
    339,938
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 338
    Given: 239

    Re: Can we try this again

    Quote Originally Posted by 2tonewilly69 View Post
    I was in Phoenix to watch the Insight Bowl in 2000. I was in Detroit and watched us lose to Michigan State. I was in Shrevport in 2001 and watched us lose to Alabama. I was in Norman in 2002 and watched us lose to OU. I was also fired from KUSR in 1992 for criticizing Walden on his call in show.
    So you say, on the internet. Oh, btw, my name is Sage Rosenfels.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2tonewilly69 View Post
    Can we all just be friends.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DmYLrxR0Y8"]YouTube - WAR - WHY CAN'T WE BE FRIENDS[/ame]



  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 181,727, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Marshalltown
    Posts
    10,035
    Points
    181,727
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 157
    Given: 132

    Re: Can we try this again

    Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post

    We are a basketball school.
    Not a good day to say that



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 25,530, Level: 48
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    redrocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ames - West-CY'd
    Posts
    2,244
    Points
    25,530
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 26

    Re: Can we try this again

    Quote Originally Posted by 2tonewilly69 View Post
    We as Iowa State fans need to stop dreaming and face the truth. Our program is a joke and we need to realize that Gene' coordinators are not the answer. If you tell a Longhorn fan, we are optimistic about 2009 because we have several returning starters, they will laugh in your face. I'm tired of losing and if we can't win 8-12 consistently, it's a waste of air to discuss a losing program. Do you think Prairie View A&M in the 1990's would talk about their returning starters?

    I was told several times for my first post to get a life. I'm not the won with 700,000 posts. Can we all just be friends.
    You are right, we should all just jump ship and go pick a program to follow that wins all the time.

    oh yeah,... get a life!
    (that's just a little fun jabbing at you, don't fly off the handle at me)


    Last edited by redrocker; 11-25-2008 at 09:05 AM.

    2009 FLHR - Vivid Black


    I don't sweat the petty things,... I pet the sweaty things

  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 218,915, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,373
    Points
    218,915
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 269
    Given: 353

    Re: Can we try this again

    Not a good day to say that
    Good point.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 99,926, Level: 98
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 1,124
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    tejasclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    5,889
    Points
    99,926
    Level
    98
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 123
    Given: 91

    Re: Can we try this again

    Quote Originally Posted by 2tonewilly69 View Post
    If you tell a Longhorn fan, we are optimistic about 2009 because we have several returning starters, they will laugh in your face.
    Not true. If you tell a Longhorn fan you are optimistic about 2009, most will look back at you with a blank haze in their eyes, because:

    a) they don't know that ISU exists
    b) they don't care because you are not a fan of OU, A&M, or TTU and therefore are not worth their time

    Now I wish I had back the 2 minutes I spent reading and responding to this thread. Get a grip. There are plenty of winning schools out there, maybe you should just go be a fan of one of them instead.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 103,760, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Schaumburg, IL
    Posts
    6,125
    Points
    103,760
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 95

    Re: Can we try this again

    Quote Originally Posted by 2tonewilly69 View Post
    I'm tired of losing and if we can't win 8-12 consistently, it's a waste of air to discuss a losing program. Do you think Prairie View A&M in the 1990's would talk about their returning starters?

    I was told several times for my first post to get a life. I'm not the won with 700,000 posts. Can we all just be friends.
    So, don't come here and continue to bring this up. Some people like Ohio State, I don't. Weather they win or not, I think it's a waste of time to talk about them. So guess what. I avoid sites that talk about them. I know you're just trolling and I probably shouldn't answer, but what would you want us to talk about? How brilliant your insight into ISU athletics is? Win or lose I like talking about ISU football. IF you don't, there are probably billions of other places you could go on the net. Seriously, this is like you coming to my house, uninvited and ******* on my rug because you say it doesn't fit your decor.



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 25,530, Level: 48
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    redrocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ames - West-CY'd
    Posts
    2,244
    Points
    25,530
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 26

    Re: Can we try this again

    Quote Originally Posted by 1100011CS View Post
    Not a good day to say that
    That was only one game, we have alot more to go.



    2009 FLHR - Vivid Black


    I don't sweat the petty things,... I pet the sweaty things

  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 218,915, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,373
    Points
    218,915
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 269
    Given: 353

    Re: Can we try this again

    That was only one game, we have alot more to go.
    Good point Hagar.



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 26,010, Level: 49
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ornryactor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,633
    Points
    26,010
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Can we try this again

    Quote Originally Posted by 2tonewilly69 View Post
    I was in Phoenix to watch the Insight Bowl in 2000. I was in Detroit and watched us lose to Michigan State. I was in Shrevport in 2001 and watched us lose to Alabama. I was in Norman in 2002 and watched us lose to OU. I was fired from KUSR in 1992 for criticizing Walden on his call in show.
    *sings*
    One of these things is not like the other ones, one of these things doesn't belong...

    Quote Originally Posted by 2tonewilly69 View Post
    We as Iowa State fans need to stop dreaming and face the truth. Our program is a joke and we need to realize that Gene' coordinators are not the answer. If you tell a Longhorn fan, we are optimistic about 2009 because we have several returning starters, they will laugh in your face. I'm tired of losing and if we can't win 8-12 consistently, it's a waste of air to discuss a losing program. Do you think Prairie View A&M in the 1990's would talk about their returning starters?
    *cough*
    ...
    I'm sorry, I just choked on my cereal. For some reason, I thought I heard you demand 12 wins. Every year. In football. That must have been my mistake, surely you were talking about basketball. Wait, no, you're still talking about Gene Chizik and his coordinators (and Prairie View A&M, whatever that is). And something about the Longhorns?

    Look, it's too early to be hitting the crack pipe. At least wait until mid-afternoon for that sort of thing. Folks at work are still being productive right now, save the entertainment for when blood sugar levels start dropping around 4:00pm.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2tonewilly69 View Post
    I was told several times for my first post to get a life. I'm not the won with 700,000 posts.
    You're also apparently not the 'won' with good spelling ability (or logic), but you are the 'won' receiving sage advice from other posters.


    True and Valiant

    I also remember a game with Kansas when Cy (wore a huge suit then) went out to center field, squatted, and "pooped" a couple of chickens that had been dyed blue then chased them around.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJK15

    God I hope so, even if it's not the right thing to do, KF needs to do it.
    Victory before honor.

  14. #14
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 605,850, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 55.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,591
    Points
    605,850
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,502
    Given: 139

    Re: Can we try this again

    Quote Originally Posted by 2tonewilly69 View Post
    I was in Phoenix to watch the Insight Bowl in 2000. I was in Detroit and watched us lose to Michigan State. I was in Shrevport in 2001 and watched us lose to Alabama. I was in Norman in 2002 and watched us lose to OU. I was also fired from KUSR in 1992 for criticizing Walden on his call in show.

    We as Iowa State fans need to stop dreaming and face the truth. Our program is a joke and we need to realize that Gene' coordinators are not the answer. If you tell a Longhorn fan, we are optimistic about 2009 because we have several returning starters, they will laugh in your face. I'm tired of losing and if we can't win 8-12 consistently, it's a waste of air to discuss a losing program. Do you think Prairie View A&M in the 1990's would talk about their returning starters?

    I was told several times for my first post to get a life. I'm not the won with 700,000 posts. Can we all just be friends.
    Wow, you seem to have been around for the majority of the most important events in recent Cyclone history. That kind of makes you the Forrest Gump of ISU athletics, I guess. All of a sudden your posts start to make more sense. Tell me Forrest, how many Dr. Peppers did you drink when we played in the Humanitarian Bowl?


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 157,243, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,967
    Points
    157,243
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 781
    Given: 9

    Re: Can we try this again

    It is not like you did not know what you were getting yourself into as an Iowa State fan. We are not a top-tier team, and every once in a while we have a good year and some of our fans become delusional and think we somehow became an upper echelon team. I for one actually prefer being a fan of Iowa State because of the highs and the lows. Like anything else, success is always at its best when it comes as a result of a true struggle. Believe it or not, I look at fans of the Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska types of programs and I struggle to find the joy in rooting for a program where it is National Championship or bust. True fans take pride in wearing their teams gear no matter how bad things are or how bad things look in the future, and true fans will still show up at the field/stadium or tune in to watch or listen to the games. If you are that punch drunk after all these years of being an ISU fan there are plenty of other teams out there that need fans...and don't come on here and expect everyone to join your chorus of whines.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM