Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 921
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 14

After the Oklahoma-Texas Tech game the other night.....

I got to thinking how people become a fan of a particular school, and why they become a fan of a particular school. I was thinking it would be easy to jump on OU's bandwagon after that game. I have a cousin that lives in Norman, and he could get me all the gear!
    OSU maybe? I was born in Stillwater, for cryin' out loud, I could be a Cowboy.
    Texas? Sure why not, I used to love watching Dallas.
    Colorado, how can you not support a team that is nestled in those beautiful mountains?
    Iowa? I lived in Cedar Rapids for most of my life and I'm here to tell you that is the ONLY team that was in the paper for years on end. I was a fan, as long as they weren't playing ISU. When they fired Tom Davis because he just couldn't get them to that "next level" I was done with those people.
    Nebraska? I have always appreciated flat states. I could be a Husker.
    Notre Dame? uhhhhh ...............................
    I choose to be a Cyclone fan because it isn't easy. I choose to be a Cyclone fan because people here, care about other people. I choose to be a Cyclone fan because we get kicked in the nads and we still get up to fight again. I choose to be a Cyclone fan because
    through it all, we still choose to be Cyclone fans.

Go Cyclones

All-Star
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 542
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 2

Re: After the Oklahoma-Texas Tech game the other night.....

can we get ur sig pic to play for the football team? I always thought recruiting mythical beasts would improve our standing amongst the big 12.

oh. and good point about being a cyclone

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Balrog View Post
    I got to thinking how people become a fan of a particular school, and why they become a fan of a particular school. I was thinking it would be easy to jump on OU's bandwagon after that game. I have a cousin that lives in Norman, and he could get me all the gear!
    Colorado, how can you not support a team that is nestled in those beautiful mountains?
    Iowa? I lived in Cedar Rapids for most of my life and I'm here to tell you that is the ONLY team that was in the paper for years on end. I was a fan, as long as they weren't playing ISU. When they fired Tom Davis because he just couldn't get them to that "next level" I was done with those people.
    I choose to be a Cyclone fan because it isn't easy. I choose to be a Cyclone fan because people here, care about other people. I choose to be a Cyclone fan because we get kicked in the nads and we still get up to fight again. I choose to be a Cyclone fan because

Go Cyclones
    Your overall point is good, and I agree. That still doesn't explain all the posers you see walking around here in Texas Longhorn gear... I think their recent National Championship explains that.

Addict
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 41

Funny story. I'm a die hard Irish fan, always will be. This started because a good buddy of mine and I used to play tackle football in my back yard when we were growing up. We used to pick who we were based on who was playing on TV. Notre Dame happened to be playing Colorado one day, I was Notre Dame, he was Colorado, I won and became an Irish fan. A bit lame, but its always better than being a Hawkeye for no reason other than going along with the rest of the crowd. As for my buddy, he went to Iowa for 3.5 years and transferred to ISU for academic reasons.

All-Star
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 845
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsSocial

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 65

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleClone View Post
    Your overall point is good, and I agree. That still doesn't explain all the posers you see walking around here in Texas Longhorn gear... I think their recent National Championship explains that.
    Hey! I like the colors. Plus it is a nice hoddie an I've got to give the clone gear a break a few times a month.

All-Star
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,295
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Go Cyclones

Nice post!

I grew up and was a Sooner fan for much of my young life(My mom was from small town Oklahoma). In my teens and due to my dad, he always took the underdog, so I followed the Hawks till mid teens. Then I began to think for myself and decided to follow ISU long before choosing a college, keeping in mind they have been an underdog in football for quite some time. I even lived in Austin Texas(Terrific City!!) after highschool before going to college at ISU.

If I had any regret about ISU, it would be Mr. Bruce V as I believe on his own accord, set ISU back a decade if not more and that has nothing to do with Larry, as I was never a big fan of his. If it wasn't for ISU, I would follow Texas or the Sooners.

However to be clear here, ISU is my school through thick and thin!!!!

Z

The grass always looks greener, on the other side of the fence, but the dog over there might be meaner, on the other side of the fence… Stay in your own yard, play in your own yard!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 320
    Given: 97

I don't feel like I chose to be a Cyclone. I was born that way, and it took some time to be 100% of my "orientation" if you will. My dad went to ISU, my mom went to Iowa. My mom's family is more into sports than my dad's, but as a kid I always felt a sense of allegiance to both. When they played, my instincts said to cheer for the underdog. I was old enough to start following sports in the mid-90's, so you KNOW who was the underdog then. It just became habit to cheer for ISU when playing Iowa, even though I cheered hard for both the rest of the year. When I decided to come to ISU (after spending time in both IC and Ames, and falling in love with the campus/campustown here) I started hating Iowa, as I was exposed to the arrogance of the fanbase, and my dislike of Iowa City was re-confirmed every time I was there. I could have easily chosen Iowa, but something about ISU just felt so right. I guess I relish the underdog status. When (if) we rise, it's gonna be sweet...

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Starter
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 921
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Cybyassociation View Post
    Funny story. I'm a die hard Irish fan, always will be. This started because a good buddy of mine and I used to play tackle football in my back yard when we were growing up. We used to pick who we were based on who was playing on TV. Notre Dame happened to be playing Colorado one day, I was Notre Dame, he was Colorado, I won and became an Irish fan. A bit lame, but its always better than being a Hawkeye for no reason other than going along with the rest of the crowd. As for my buddy, he went to Iowa for 3.5 years and transferred to ISU for academic reasons.
    Cyby of course they were on TV. They are always on TV. Don't they own NBC?

And you are right, it is better than being a fan of the team that shall not be named, for any reason.