Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Done with M&M

I know that most of you like to rip on them, but tonight was the last straw with listening to this crap. I know they are just morons spurring people calling in, but I just could not put up with them just piling on the Cyclones. First they are making fun of Pollard saying the program is going in the right direction comparing it to Bush standing on a boat saying we won the war. Then Miller makes remarks to play his fight song of his fellow Hawks. Several references to us swirling the drain and how only one Cyclone could possibly play on Iowa's team. I was so steamed I was ready to punch a Hawk. I won't even go into the rest of it since I turned it off.

ďAlso, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I donít want to leave any of that behind.Ē - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!

Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85

Re: Done with M&M

Quote Originally Posted by CY ST8T View Post
    I was so steamed I was ready to punch a Hawk. I won't even go into the rest of it since I turned it off.
    Yes... Let the hate flow through you...

If somebody with mad photoshop skills could put Marty's face in the hood the journey to the dark side could be complete.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 173
    Given: 27

Turning it off is the best thing I have ever done. Thanks to XM I never have to listen to their crap anymore. Of course now thanks to the XM/Sirius merger and the destruction of all the good channels on XM, I may just cancel it and go back to regular radio. Stupid sirius.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

All-Star
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

The Hawk fans calling in called us the typical redheaded stepchild and other things that made me have bad thoughts! ha ha

ďAlso, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I donít want to leave any of that behind.Ē - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!

Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

Pro
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CY ST8T View Post
    I know that most of you like to rip on them, but tonight was the last straw with listening to this crap. I know they are just morons spurring people calling in, but I just could not put up with them just piling on the Cyclones. First they are making fun of Pollard saying the program is going in the right direction comparing it to Bush standing on a boat saying we won the war. Then Miller makes remarks to play his fight song of his fellow Hawks. Several references to us swirling the drain and how only one Cyclone could possibly play on Iowa's team. I was so steamed I was ready to punch a Hawk. I won't even go into the rest of it since I turned it off.

They're just riding the bandwagon. None of them are real fans in any kind of sport. They have no alligances other than to spike ratings.

Miller claims to be a hockey guy, but had no idea that the Wild sold out every game: everyone that follows the NHL knows it's one of the most support franchises.

They are just armchair fans and go whatever way the current environment is. If it was the other way around, they'd be saying the same about Iowa. Or if both ISU or Iowa stunk, they'd be propping up UNI.. They just go with the flow...

I don't drink the Kool-Aid, and I am done making excuses. Only keeping it real...

Starter Achievements:

Thumbs Up

I like the part where Miller said that Stanzi would start ahead of Arnaud. Believe me, most Hawkeye fans would kill to have Austen Arnaud as their quarterback.

Facebook Knows All
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 189
    Given: 74

Just remember...M&M were doing the exact same thing to hawk fans before they went on their little winning streak. They aren't radio hosts, they are shock jocks. Once you learn to accept that, you can take them for what they really are...a big joke.

I still listen because they are the only local radio show that is even remotely interesting. I'd rather get worked up listening to M&M than be bored to death with Cotlar and Jon Miller.

Pro
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 563
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 35

Captain Kirk (aka Greatest Coach in College Football) was 4-19 his first two years at EIU. I just tell the Hawk fans we are following their pattern to national prominence, and that when we grow up, we will be beating powerhouses like Indiana and Minnesota, too.

All-Star
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 331
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9

Couple of tools! Said only one guy for Iowa State would start for Iowa, and that's LJ. Said the only way ISU would have good season ticket sales next year is if Pollard makes Iowa fans buy a season ticket to see the game again. Basically said Iowa fans spiked our season ticket sales in 2007 and would carry us again next year. Whatever.

Also said ISU fans can't take it that Iowa is having success after all the off the field issues and recent struggles.

Addict
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 68
    Given: 10

Quote Originally Posted by hursts View Post
    I like the part where Miller said that Stanzi would start ahead of Arnaud. Believe me, most Hawkeye fans would kill to have Austen Arnaud as their quarterback.
    I wouldn't....

Stanzi has a 135 QB rating to AA's 127.

They're both young, and they're both solid. But at this point, I wouldn't trade Stanzi, just like ISU fans wouldn't trade AA.

The artist formerly known as SouthernHawk

Starter
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 667
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

They, along with a certain portion of our fan base, will be shown to be fools over the next couple years. Wrestling and women's basketball will continue to be strong and improve, men's basketball will reach the top much more quickly than people thought, and the football team will get to a bowl game next year before being really good in 2010 (and yes I know the schedule that year). Other sports and facilities will continue to make solid improvements.

Those things will be the fruits of hard work, perseverence, and faith in the work that is being done. One big win by an 8-4 Iowa team over Tim freaking Brewster does nothing to change that.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 109

Quote Originally Posted by hursts View Post
    I agree big time. Lots of Cyclones would start for Iowa. They are just idiots trying to get you riled up. If ISU goes on a run in BBall they will be huge fans. I think they were big Drake fans last year. They go with what is hot at the moment. Don't let them waste your time.

I only listen because I hope to hear them on a live remote and have somebody punch one of them. Does that make me a bad person?

"Dog Eat Dog"
    Read the news
    Someone win,
    Someone lose

Facebook Knows All
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 189
    Given: 74

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernHawk View Post
    I wouldn't....

Stanzi has a 135 QB rating to AA's 127.

They're both young, and they're both solid. But at this point, I wouldn't trade Stanzi, just like ISU fans wouldn't trade AA.
    Stanzi actually has a running game behind him and a solid O-line. Imagine if AA had something like that.

I know you won't admit it, but AA is a better QB than Stanzi...at least right now.

Pro
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 625
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15

LOL . . let M/M continue to speak to an ever decreasing listening audience . . pretty soon they will be gone . .just like the rest. ONLY fools would chose to tick off half of their listening audience day in and out. Throw J Miller in with that M/M . . same small market mentality.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 152

Anyone see Chris Hassel make fun of M&M on SoundOff last night? That was hilarious.