Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

The Best Time of the year to be an ISU Football Fan

This is the best time of the year to be an Iowa State Football fan. We have just completed another miserable season(thank god), and now everyone can talk about how good we will be next year. Well I hate to break the bad news to everyone, but don't plan on going Pasadena next year, or even Houston the year after that. Our record should have been no worse then 6-6 the last two years.

I've heard two excuses for why this didn't happen. First, we need to give him a couple of years to get his recruits in the system. I'm sorry but if you can't win with two NFL players(Bowen,Rubin) and four guys that tried out for NFL rosters (Blythe,Banks,Barkema,
    and Meyer) then your not going to win with his current players. Just try and name one guy on our roster who will make in the NFL next year. The second excuse is that we are starting so many freshman and sophmores. This is a perfect way for Gene to make you think that our young talent is better, and dangle that carrot for next year.
    This coaching staff has proven that they can get out coached by any team regardless of what division they are in(UNI). Even if our talent level does rise in the next couple of years, don't plan on them being able to overcome the lack our of coaching ablility.

In regards to our schedule, don't forget that Jamie moved one of our home games next year to a neutral site. And after next year we are back on the OU, Texas, and TTech train bound for blowouts. Thanks Gene for all of false hope and don't forget to load up all of your old cronies when the Winnebago is ready to roll next December.

Have a happy holidays and keep dreaming of a good season!!!!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,037
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 6

Re: The Best Time of the year to be an ISU Football Fan

Totally disagree. The best time to be a fan, is during the season. No matter if we win or lose, there is nothing like going to JTS on saturdays in the fall. Who cares if we win or lose, that's not what being a fan is about. A true fan is someone who supports their team no matter how they do.

Droppin' 3's like my name is Scotty C.

Philippians 4:13

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by 2tonewilly69 View Post
    This is the best time of the year to be an Iowa State Football fan. We have just completed another miserable season(thank god), and now everyone can talk about how good we will be next year. Well I hate to break the bad news to everyone, but don't plan on going Pasadena next year, or even Houston the year after that. Our record should have been no worse then 6-6 the last two years.

I've heard two excuses for why this didn't happen. First, we need to give him a couple of years to get his recruits in the system. I'm sorry but if you can't win with two NFL players(Bowen,Rubin) and four guys that tried out for NFL rosters (Blythe,Banks,Barkema,
    and Meyer) then your not going to win with his current players. Just try and name one guy on our roster who will make in the NFL next year. The second excuse is that we are starting so many freshman and sophmores. This is a perfect way for Gene to make you think that our young talent is better, and dangle that carrot for next year.
    This coaching staff has proven that they can get out coached by any team regardless of what division they are in(UNI). Even if our talent level does rise in the next couple of years, don't plan on them being able to overcome the lack our of coaching ablility.

In regards to our schedule, don't forget that Jamie moved one of our home games next year to a neutral site. And after next year we are back on the OU, Texas, and TTech train bound for blowouts. Thanks Gene for all of false hope and don't forget to load up all of your old cronies when the Winnebago is ready to roll next December.

oh lord.

80k plus credits for the worst post of the day.

Carrying the banner for ISU.

Pro
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 155
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 97

Quote Originally Posted by cyclonez7 View Post
    Totally disagree. The best time to be a fan, is during the season. No matter if we win or lose, there is nothing like going to JTS on saturdays in the fall. Who cares if we win or lose, that's not what being a fan is about. A true fan is someone who supports their team no matter how they do.
    Hear, hear!

Starter Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

What an uplifting message to deliver as your very first post.

All-Star
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 482
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

All-Star
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 61

If this is the best time of the year for you to be a Cyclone fan, life must really suck for you. My best time happens 12 times a year, beginning 2 - 3 days before kickoff.

ISU fans are the greatest in the world. All they ask for is hope and the belief that we have a chance to win every time we step on the field - Johnny Majors (paraphrased)

Ya gotta have the horses, man - Johnny Orr.

Addict
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,971
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 37

I think you have mistaken us for K-State. I'm not planning on going to any BCS bowls next year either, but I'm a long ways away from calling for coaches heads. When ISU and Chizik do turn the "Winnebago" around, can we count on you to jump on the bandwagon or are you always going to be a miserable SOB?

Yeah, this year should not have turned out like it did. To say 6-6 is the worst we should have done is a little over the top. "It's going to take time." Isn't an excuse, it's called reality. We aren't very good.

Pro
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 682
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

What a shallow life you live

Now if our season tickets were to drop 1 or 2 tickets because you weren't buying them...then I'd be more than happy to have that! I want fans in the seats who believe, not ones who speak of this manner.

Addict
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,586
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 59

sounds like somebody was a bit bored today...

All-Star
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,295
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

I am guessing the greeter job at Walmart is not going well or the government has not bailed your company out yet...

Z

The grass always looks greener, on the other side of the fence, but the dog over there might be meaner, on the other side of the fence… Stay in your own yard, play in your own yard!

Addict Achievements:

Thumbs Up

If we should have been 6-6 the past two years, what should our record have been in '06?

"Seven minutes to glory."

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 318
    Given: 162

Nice post... Now, run along little one.

When Prepared, Fear No One.

Pro
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 26

It's a hawkeye fan guys...trying to stir ****.

All-Star
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,104
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Well, I guess there's no point in playing any more games until Chizik leaves b/c 2tonewilly69 already told us how it will end up......

- “I’m not a spin my wheels type of guy." - Coach Paul Rhoads