Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    3,273
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Dissapointing CFB Season

    Is it just me, or has this season been a real stinker (not talking about ISU, but the overall college football season) ?

    It seems to me like every hyped up game has turned out to be a dud, or at the very least not live up to the hype.

    Take last night for example: I was pumped for Iowa vs. Minnesota and Oklahoma vs. Texas Tech. After watching Iowa vs. Minnesota for an hour, I knew that Iowa was going to win that game; you could just tell.

    I then switched over to Oklahoma vs. Tech. I was all pumped to see a 48-51 game, coming down to the final play. Instead we didn't get anything close. From the first time Tech got the ball, I KNEW they were going to lose. I texted my friend and was like "this game is over".

    After the first quarter of that game, I was ****** off. I skipped going to a movie with some people to watch these games.

    Thankfully, I found the Oregon State vs. Arizona game on Versus. It was an awesome game with implications for both teams.

    I've found good college games on TV, but they haven't been the marquee matchups. It seems to me that when there's a hyped game, one team just gets caught in all the hype and doesn't prepare.

    I hope college football coaches can do a better job of keeping teams focused so that we can get some more exciting matchups. Even though there are some good teams out there, I've found a vast majority of college football to be somewhat boring this season compared to the last few...


    I don't drink the Kool-Aid, and I am done making excuses. Only keeping it real...

  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 185,789, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,379
    Points
    185,789
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 152
    Given: 335

    Re: Dissapointing CFB Season

    yesterday had bad games everywhere. most were pretty obvious.

    I mean Minnesota has not beat anyone this year better than an average MAC school.

    OU has lost 2 games at home under stoops... EVER.

    Michigan is aweful

    Indiana was terrible and Purdue finally got Painter back for a complete game.

    Unfortunately nobody came up with something CLOSE to the huge upset..



  3. #3
    Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    3,273
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Dissapointing CFB Season

    Quote Originally Posted by ajk4st8 View Post
    yesterday had bad games everywhere. most were pretty obvious.

    I mean Minnesota has not beat anyone this year better than an average MAC school.

    OU has lost 2 games at home under stoops... EVER.

    Michigan is aweful

    Indiana was terrible and Purdue finally got Painter back for a complete game.

    Unfortunately nobody came up with something CLOSE to the huge upset..
    The thing with MN is that I expected it to be a better game. I didn't think Iowa was capable of putting up 55.

    The other Big 10 games didn't surprise me at all; except I thought Penn State and Mich. State would've been better...

    With Tech and OU, I thought Oklahoma would win, I just thought it'd be decided by 3 or 7, not by a crapload.

    It's not about who's winning, it's about how they are won and how many of these games weren't even competitive...


    I don't drink the Kool-Aid, and I am done making excuses. Only keeping it real...

  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 44,950, Level: 65
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 600
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Wx4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    2,380
    Points
    44,950
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Dissapointing CFB Season

    I think it's only disappointing because expectations were (unreasonably) too high. There was no reason to think this program was going to make monumental strides in the w/l column this quickly.

    Unfortunately, the unreasonable expectations of wins have caused many to fail to see the progress that has been made. Sure there were struggles but at this point people need to look beyond the wins to see that we are close. Sadly, many cannot.



  5. #5
    Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    3,273
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Dissapointing CFB Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Wx4Cy View Post
    I think it's only disappointing because expectations were (unreasonably) too high. There was no reason to think this program was going to make monumental strides in the w/l column this quickly.

    Unfortunately, the unreasonable expectations of wins have caused many to fail to see the progress that has been made. Sure there were struggles but at this point people need to look beyond the wins to see that we are close. Sadly, many cannot.

    I get what you're saying. I actually wasn't talking about the ISU program. I was talking about the overall landscape of college football.


    I don't drink the Kool-Aid, and I am done making excuses. Only keeping it real...

  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 44,950, Level: 65
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 600
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Wx4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    2,380
    Points
    44,950
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Dissapointing CFB Season

    Quote Originally Posted by mplscyclone View Post
    I get what you're saying. I actually wasn't talking about the ISU program. I was talking about the overall landscape of college football.
    Oh, sorry.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM